[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 9 KB, 340x336, descartes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3254950 No.3254950 [Reply] [Original]

Were Rene Descatres and Immanuel Kant influenced by eastern religion and philosophy? My professor mentioned this is in lecture and I may write my term paper on it if this idea is true. But How were they influenced? And are there any free sources where I can find more on this topic?

>> No.3254966

No. go eat a dick.

>> No.3255044
File: 29 KB, 323x204, bugsbunnylooksdownonyourhomeworkthreadangrily.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3255588

the only way this could be the case is if one argued that descartes/kant were afraid of the repercussions of nihilism. explore nietzschean nihilism and eastern philosophy as opposed to rational/reasoning enlightenment thought. descartes and kant might have encountered nihilism by thinking about eastern philosophy, but i really doubt it was a serious influence. it's more likely that descartes and kant just thought through logic and encountered nihilism themselves. also, kant's big "awakener" was hume, and hume was very destructive in the way nietzsche was for his time.