[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 569 KB, 162x152, 1349888331025.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3224618 No.3224618 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone here find it almost impossible to write a paper unless a fire is under their ass?

It's like a waste of time for me to even bother unless it's the due the day/night of because I am just so unproductive.

>> No.3224620

post about a fucking book

>> No.3224623

It's because there's no purpose. It's not like the professor gives a shit about it, nor will the said paper affect anyone's life in any meaningful way.

>> No.3224635

My much larger problem is how hard I find it do do the reading for my essays without the deadline staring me down. My essays are due in a month and I've barely read forty pages today.

>> No.3224658
File: 21 KB, 150x200, char_bertie.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I absolutely know that feel, bro.

>> No.3224660

Yeah, I have the same problem. Usually I just devote a day, or however long I need, to doing all the reading/prep for the paper, and then immediately force myself to hash out an intro and bare-bones structure while it's still in my mind. Once it's registered in my brain as an active project, already started, it's easier to care about. And ideas tend to start flowing that motivate me to integrate them and do the damn work.

I still end up delaying down to the wire way too often though. It came to a head these past few weeks when I had multiple papers due, and each one got fucked up and required extensive rewrites. I was basically up for 3-4 days straight.