[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 27 KB, 460x280, hunter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3182185 No.3182185[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hello e/lit/es,
We seem to be getting a lot of requests along the lines of:
>I want to read to XYZ philosopher(ladies love the XYZ), but I don't understand anything and my head hurts. what do I do /lit/?

Which then usually gets the reply:
>study the greeks for 15 years

My question is, is there a road map out there that people could reference to help them get started with Philosophy? Or could we add one to the sticky or wiki? The wiki lists philosophy books but doesn't really give any guidance as in what order to read them. I know its pretty subjective, but I feel like you could have a solid starting point with an introduction to philosophy(to see if thats really what they want to do) and then go on to the greeks and then branch out from there and people could follow whatever path they want to get to where they are trying to go(mostly CoPR).

>> No.3182192

http://www.mindmeister.com/23290325/western-philosophy

>> No.3182266

>>3182192
That is a very comprehensive resource, thanks. I think that might be above and beyond what I was suggesting though. My idea in this is to get people gradually into Philosophy and begin with essential concepts and works and then dig deeper from there.