[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 33 KB, 300x441, Emily Kate Naydeck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3179647 No.3179647 [Reply] [Original]

Good, faithful film-adaptations of plays, films, and operas. [You know /lit/ ought to be better at this than /tv/. But if this thread really bothers you, just fuckin' hide it.]

Othello (1995) with Kenneth Branagh and Laurence Fishburne is the reason I started to like Shakespeare.
The Importance of Being Earnest (1952) is a wonderful adaptation of Wilde's play. It couldn't be any more delightful or Wilde-esque.
The versions of Dorian Gray and The Importance of Eearnest with Colin Firth were awful. The former was not at all faithful to the book, and the latter was just boring.

The following is a great performance of Mozart's opera Die Zauberflöte with English subtitles. Diana Damrau stars as the Queen of the Night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlhbFk2GbcY&list=PLdFD7CNSCZa2pVIGhgdjeX7GE7rG4D5bk&index=1&a
mp;feature=plpp_video

>> No.3179735

>>3179647
There are a lot of different adaptations of Hamlet. I really like Kenneth Branagh's version and I think it's interesting to look at The Lion King as a Disney/children's version of it. I particularly like Timon and Pumba as Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.