[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 42 KB, 500x415, 1349212641009.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3161988 No.3161988[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

In my third year of university, it is safe to say that REAL intellect is your relationship with yourself both mentally and physically. If certain knowledge doesn't improve your quality of life, it is simply unnecessary.

>> No.3161991

i can tell you're still in school

>> No.3161993
File: 246 KB, 500x376, newman.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>In my third year of university

>> No.3162011

>>3161991
hurr durr still in school

>> No.3162016

In my four year of university, it is safe to say that REAL intellect is not your relationship with yourself neither mentally nor phisically. If certain knowledge doesn't improve your quality of life, it is simply necessary.

>> No.3162020

In my second year of law school, it is safe to say useless words.

>> No.3162037

In my fifth year out of university and in the real world, and six months of running my father's multi-million dollar business after he passed, it is safe to say that REAL intellect is your ability to acquire the right knowledge and embed it both mentally and physically. If just being doesn't improve your quality of life, it is simply unnecessary.

>> No.3162047

>>3161988
>needing more than three years to graduate

Ha, I did that shit in 2 years. 30 hours per semester. I wrecked that shit like I did your sister last night too.

>> No.3162052

>>3162047
Was each 3 hours?
You took ~10 classes per semester?

>> No.3162053

>>3162047
I don't have a sister, clearly you should have attended for more than 2 years maybe then you would have known i'm an only child.

>> No.3162056
File: 184 KB, 631x802, 1344523621659.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3162016 here

Just playing with you OP. You said it in a very funny way. But saying you are in your third year is not even the most funny part, but the whole "REAL intellect" cracks me up.

I can see what you mean by all that and I'd say I agree. But there is this huge preoccupation with being smart, clever, intelligent, knowledgeable, wise, having REAL intellect that is... well, just rather desperate and silly, like arm wrestling with brains instead of putting that strenght to use, you know? It's very typical of teenagers or people who really worry about getting the highest grades and all that jazz.

But then we move on from the arm wrestling and we are left with our honesty towards ourselves. Still preoccupied in being on the intelligent side of the discussion, you know. And thus we keep going on over and over what it means to be intelligent. Is it more intelligent to be 100% logical? Is "REAL" intelligence in this or that area of knowledge? What are the most intelligent men on earth? And the answers change with time, you move from here to there thinking you are learning, but the questions remain and the necessity remains: you just want to be on the intelligent side.

There is no need to define how the intelligent man or the superior man are so you can emulate this image.

You have a good conclusion there. One that stomps on its own head. "The intelligent man feels good bout himself". Sound about right, but can you see how that frees you from the obsession around that?

>> No.3162068

>>3162056

But that's where mentality comes in. Do people use intelligence as a means to fulfill their ego? Then that is not intelligence, that is impermanence.

Also,
>What are the most intelligent men on earth?

>> No.3162078

>>3162068
Yes, that's exactly where I'm getting at.

A lot of people go a long way without getting at that point, just riding their own ego along. That's why it makes it funnier that OP mentions his place in time.

>What are the most intelligent men on earth?
I started a question and finished with another.... I need to go to bed.

>> No.3162092

The episode of Futurama where Fry uses his TV Knowledge to save Earth disproves put a kink in your theory OP

For how do you know what knowledge will assist you in the future?

Never went to college, making 70k a year, suck my dick

>> No.3162111

>In my third year of university, it is safe to say that REAL intellect is

I doubt anyone in 3rd year of the uni has enough life experience to make such claims.

>> No.3162121

No such thing as unnecessary knowledge all knowledge is good and useful even if you never happen to use it. Knowledge comes at you from all different sides all the time not all of it will improve your quality of life but at some point it's gonna help you along your journey.

>> No.3163244

i think it goes something like knowledge comes intellect, but wisdom is knowing what to do with the knowledge.

banal platituedes - i'm not going to mold that to the discussion here. so chew on it until it tastes good.

>> No.3163254

>>3162078
>Yes, that's exactly where I'm getting at.

No.

>Yes, that's exactly where I'm getting.

At least. Even better?

>Yes, that's exactly where I'm going.

Even better?

>Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

Do try to improve your elocution. You communicate like an urban mongrel. People will take you more seriously if you put in some effort.

>> No.3163268

>>3163254
woh a fakin cunt

>> No.3163304

>>3163268
It's the "at" he placed at the end of his sentence that really irked me. Nobody of any reasonable education communicates like that.

>> No.3163308

>>3163254
In my defense, I was sleepy and sloppy.

But you're absolutely right.

>> No.3163387

I for one enjoyed it exactly how you said it, so was he right? No because he's obviously an asshole, keep doing your thing friend.