[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 153 KB, 1000x1250, 1325971101179.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3074354 No.3074354[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>> No.3074356

>>3074354
I remember being 10 too.

>> No.3074411

I forgot Fitz used so many adjectives.

JFC

Op is a feeg

>> No.3074461

op= jelly butthurt nerd

stay jelly, butthurt nerd.

>> No.3074472

Is that really an example of Martin's writing?

>> No.3074477

>>3074472
contrary to popular belief, the medieval era was not solely fair maidens being wooed by chivalric knights on quiet fiefs; there were also things called dysentery, malaria, and the bubonic plague. Who knew, right?

>> No.3074513
File: 234 KB, 1171x1373, misc-milk-l.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3074477
That really is a legit example of writing from Game of Thrones?

>> No.3074518

>>3074513
No, it was a Dance with Dragons. I must admit, I did raise my eyebrows at that scene.

>> No.3074524

>>3074477
Hello pedantic fantasy-loving manchild. Diarrhea still exists nowadays, it's not a reason to write lengthy descriptions of its effects, especially when it's so clumsily executed. Fuck off.

>> No.3074528

>>3074524
Hahahaha, you just got trolled really fucking hard by someone who reads fantasy books

>> No.3074541

>>3074524
>no diarrhea scenes allowed!

Okay there bro. What's next? No sex scenes? No bathroom scenes? Short skirts are pretty lewd, no more of those. Definitely no description of breasts or hair color. Both should be covered at all times.

And forget about murder. That's a disgusting act for disgusting, sociopathic readers. How dare we allow writers to produce such unholy garbage?

>> No.3074544

I find both Fitzgerald and Martin to be terribly overrated. I can't read The Great Gatsby without feeling like F. Scott is jacking off in my face the whole time, at least Martin gets to the fucking point.

>> No.3074549

>>3074541
You do realise how retarded you sound, right ?

>> No.3074557

>>3074544
He doesn't 'get to the point'.
He can't write well enough to 'get to the point'.
He starts at the point.

>> No.3074560

>>3074549
No, do you?

>no diarrhea scenes allowed because they offend me

you should maybe just fuck off back to reading the Berenstain Bears

>> No.3074564

There are several problems with this:

a) 'beautiful vs. ugly' are here used as synonyms for 'good and bad'. Doesn't ring true to me.
b) How exactly is Martin's writing ineffective/"bad" and how can you judge it from these excerpts? Just like the beautifully flowing example of Fitzgerald conveys yearning and admiration, Martin's paragraph describes the state of a princess facing the facts of the world. Martin's abrupt sentences are also effective, and vocabulary doesn't have anything to do with it in this case.

In addition to 'a)' I also like how the author of the OP pic uses the form 'is seen' to put forth his/her own opinions. I wonder why this gets reposted at all.

>> No.3074565

>>3074560
Diarrhea scenes are okay, but bad writing is not.

>> No.3074566
File: 2.91 MB, 252x263, 1350609381214.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3074549
So, you can't find an appropriate counter argument, and you'll just call him retarded then leave?

okay.

>> No.3074568

>>3074354
No, seriously; if you're offended by a diarrhea scene, there's no way you can be older than 10. Quit browsing immediately.

>> No.3074570

>>3074566
That bitch has Nucky totally pussywhipped. I bet she is fucking at least ten guys behind his back.

>> No.3074571

>>3074564
>Just like the beautifully flowing example of Fitzgerald conveys yearning and admiration
Sorry but the way it's written is way worse than Lovecraft's prose. Couldn't be more pedantic and frivolous.

>> No.3074576

>>3074570
Is the show worth watching?

>> No.3074577

>>3074560
But your whole point is based on something I never said and your exageration of these fallacies. The main blame was on the execution of the shitting scene, I mean, if said scene was masterfully written or had an actual significance on the work of the author, sure why not. Putting a shit scene just for the sake of pleasing the shock-addicted fanbase, this I condemn. Especially when it's terrible. I mean, seriously, reread that passage.

>> No.3074578

>>3074524
That's a reasonably well executed water borne illness scene.

>> No.3074580

>>3074577
I did. Tell me what's wrong with it? So far all you've done is say it's horribly executed. That's nice, but vague. Actually give me some specifics to work with here.

>> No.3074587

>>3074565
What is "bad" about it, precisely?

>> No.3074600

>>3074577
waaait. so now you're saying the scene is redundant while it actually /does/ serve a purpose. from an instrumental perspective, it simply sparks the reader's sympathy for the girl that was a princess just a while ago.

>> No.3074604
File: 18 KB, 252x297, 1330818893497.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3074354
I can;t fucking wait until the show reaches Dance and that scene, I swear, I am gonna fap so fucking hard you guys.

>> No.3074610

>>3074587
>Limited Vocabulary
>Simple Punctuation
>Simple sentence structures
>Poor description of the scene
>last sentence is cheesy as fuck, "Dany did not know whether she would be strong enough to open them again" - so melodramatic.

And whatever happened to "show don't tell"?

>> No.3074611

GoT haters rendered speechless, as usual.

If it was such shit, you'd think it would be easy to explain why.

>> No.3074612

>>3074604
They aren't going to show it. HBO is only explicity when it's an excuse to show genetalia in a manner consistent with the sexual fantasies of most people. You aren't most people. Thank god.

>> No.3074614
File: 50 KB, 750x563, Oh look. It's THIS thread again..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP didn't even say anything. He just posted the image. This thread should have been the expressway to page 10. Come on, /lit/.

>> No.3074617
File: 44 KB, 451x392, vvvvvvvv.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.

>> No.3074618

>GoT lovers
>still falling for this Quentin pic

how is that even possible in the year 2012?

>> No.3074619

>>3074610
But I must think, he thought. Because it is all I have left. That and baseball. I wonder bow the great DiMaggio would have liked the way I hit him in the brain? It was no great thing, he thought. Any man could do it. But do you think my hands were as great a handicap as the bone spurs? I cannot know. I never had anything wrong with my heel except the time the stingray stung it when I stepped on him when swimming and paralyzed the lower leg and made the unbearable pain.
"Think about something cheerful, old man," he said. "Every minute now you are closer to home. You sail lighter for the loss of forty pounds."
He knew quite well the pattern of what could happen when he reached the inner part of the current. But there was nothing to be done now.

>> No.3074620

>>3074580
Now you're just fucking with me lol, OP's pic should be an answer in itself. Martin's ramblings are not art, it's cheap pulp which uses these graphic scenes as a way of selling more copies.
It's kind of like asking me why I don't enjoy scat vids.
I'd rather be interested in your point of view. Please explain to someone who dropped asoif way before this scene happens, why you deem it so worthy of such an arduous defence. There clearly must be something more to it than "sparking the reader's sympathy for the girl that was a princess just a while ago".

>> No.3074623

>>3074610
In reverse:
>Telling would be outright saying she had diarrhea you maroon.
>Well, that's like, you're opinion man.
>The description of the scene shows exactly what GRRM wanted us to see.
>Every other element you mentioned is an element of writing style, which I can almost guarantee you would find and probably have found to be acceptable if the author wasn't popular.

>> No.3074630

I guess someone is just going to have to write "The Game of Thrones Delusion" before these kids see the light

>> No.3074631

OP should have used a similar setting.

However I agree, I prefer the former style of writing

>> No.3074639

>>3074631
It was Quentin that made it, you know.

I'd love to see a comparison of the GoT scat scene and the Gravity's Rainbbow scat scenes (I have only heard about them, I haven't read much of Gravity's Rainbow).

>> No.3074640
File: 111 KB, 600x358, davidschwimmer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3074630
Baawww, they enjoy something I don't like! They must be delusional!

>> No.3074647

>>3074639
if somebody posts an etext, I'll search those scenes out and make a macro out of them

>> No.3074664

>>3074639
Quentin was a wonderful performance artist. Yes I know he was serious, but he was still a wonderful performance artist.

>> No.3074666

Joyce:
My love for you allows me to pray to the spirit of eternal beauty and tenderness mirrored in your eyes or fling you down under me on that softy belly of yours and fuck you up behind, like a hog riding a sow, glorying in the very stink and sweat that rises from your arse, glorying in the open shape of your upturned dress and white girlish drawers and in the confusion of your flushed cheeks and tangled hair. It allows me to burst into tears of pity and love at some slight word, to tremble with love for you at the sounding of some chord or cadence of music or to lie heads and tails with you feeling your fingers fondling and tickling my ballocks or stuck up in me behind and your hot lips sucking off my cock while my head is wedged in between your fat thighs, my hands clutching the round cushions of your bum and my tongue licking ravenously up your rank red cunt. I have taught you almost to swoon at the hearing of my voice singing or murmuring to your soul the passion and sorrow and mystery of life and at the same time have taught you to make filthy signs to me with your lips and tongue, to provoke me by obscene touches and noises, and even to do in my presence the most shameful and filthy act of the body. You remember the day you pulled up your clothes and let me lie under you looking up at you while you did it? Then you were ashamed even to meet my eyes.

Martin:
>fat pink mast
>fat pink mast
>fat pink mast
>fat pink mast
>fat pink mast
>japes
>japes
>japes

>> No.3074668

>>3074623
>Every other element you mentioned is an element of writing style, which I can almost guarantee you would find and probably have found to be acceptable if the author wasn't popular.

Ah, finally, you've said the one thing that can't be argued against. That's when you know the troll is losing steam

>> No.3074672

>>3074620
>Show, don't tell, unless it is a poop scene I don't like, then you should tell because I think you are just being graphic

So think the way I wold, or you're shit...oh, no, did I say shit?

>> No.3074677

>>3074571
>pedantic and frivolous
>way worse than Lovecraft's prose
You people are cute, trying to be all intellectual and shit.

>> No.3074680

>>3074672
You can be as graphic as you like if you write well

My sweet little whorish Nora I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora's fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

>> No.3074682
File: 26 KB, 841x458, 1348508954472.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3074623

The difference is, skilled writers will use simple sentences and simple punctuation for effect, to break up long and often complicated passages.

>> No.3074683

>>3074680
Rather limited vocabulary, no?

>> No.3074688

>>3074683
It works for what he's writing about.

>> No.3074690

>>3074680

So somebody told you Joyce was good, good for you

I finished reading Martin's passage - the one you posted was no better just because Joyce wrote it

Being a snob does not make you smart, it just shows you can like what people tell you you should.

>> No.3074692

>>3074688
as soes Martin's

Good day, sir.

>> No.3074707

I am just past the half way point in the third GoT book and it really hit home that the author cannot develop characters properly. I knew he killed people off all the time but its beginning to feel like he does this so he does not know how to keep someone alive.

>> No.3074708

>>3074690
you know that that passage was just an extract from a dirty letter he wrote to his wife?

Not supposed to be published.

This thread needs to die.

>> No.3074709

>>3074683
No. What do you want him to do, list the synonyms of 'fart'?
Martin's problem isn't with the use of the word 'shit' and it's modifications, but that he dresses it in mundane and lifeless description that gives us no real sense of the character. It's a common problem in his writing, he lacks descriptive skill. You could argue that it's intentional, because he wants us to focus on character, but the passage in OP's pic tells us nothing about character, it's simply a shitting woman.

>> No.3074715

>>3074690
>the one you posted was no better just because Joyce wrote it
Explain what analysis you undertook and how it led you to that conclusion please.

>> No.3074721

>>3074715
Follow your own analysis above.

>> No.3074731

>>3074709
I'll give you a hint: Most women are the same when they're shitting. What, do you expect him to establish that Dany shits daintily, even with diarrhea, while some whore in the universe just lets em rip? You people are fucking crazy.

>> No.3074737
File: 4 KB, 103x141, 1349988846800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When I came back from the East last autumn I found him squatting in the grass, groaning; I wanted no more riotous excursions with privileged glimpses into the human heart. Gatsby, the man who gives his name to this book, was shitting brown water—Gatsby, who represented everything for which I have an unaffected scorn. If personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures, then there was something gorgeous about him, some heightened sensitivity to the promises of life, as if he were related to one of those intricate machines that register earthquakes ten thousand miles away. The more he drank, the more he shat, but the more he shat, the thirstier he grew, and the thirst sent him crawling to the stream to suck up more water—it was an extraordinary gift for hope, a romantic readiness such as I have never found in any other person and which it is not likely I shall ever find again. No—Gatsby turned out all right at the end; it is what preyed on Gatsby, what foul dust floated in the wake of his dreams that temporarily closed out my interest in the abortive sorrows and short-winded elations of men.

>> No.3074758

>>3074731
Everything seems the same if you don't take an interest in it.

And I can tell you for a fact that most women are not the same when they're shitting.

>> No.3074768

>>3074647
http://www.mediafire.com/?8tutmovbw3ma2o0

"plug in"

>> No.3074776

>Quentin
>people reply
This is why etc

>> No.3074783

>>3074731
He wants to establish that he was willing to Mary Sue face down in the dust from a water borne infection. More, he wants to establish that every nobler impulse in Mary Sue can be reduced to the shit-drink need to crapping yourself to death from dehydration, that the bodily precedes the embodied.

Also he wanted to wedge a nice big pile of shit between male fappers and nubile teen cunt.

>> No.3074809

>>3074354
right answer for all the wrong reasons....

>> No.3074816

>>3074677
Ever read Lovecraft?

>> No.3074834

>>3074576
No.

>> No.3074881

>>3074666
Which book is that from? It's so obscenely beautiful

>> No.3074882

>>3074881
It's from his love letters to Nora. Google 'em.

>> No.3074886

>>3074737
10/10 brilliant post

>> No.3074888

>>3074882
Thanks

>> No.3074957

I wonder if a decent way to test wellness of writing might be to imagine reading the passage from the point of view of someone who fetishizes or is absolutely horrified by the content (in Martin's case, scat and death by dysentery), and judging whether they'd be turned on or morbidly afraid.

From the point of view of a fetishist- "Squatting in the grass, groaning." wouldn't likely seem more erotic than "she sat on his dick and moaned". "Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler" might seem vulgarly simple, and evoke no passion. "The more she drank, the more she shat...", in this, the fetishist will find nothing to excite him: After he has dismissed the colloquial way of writing (the comma between 'drank' and 'the' does not imply that what follows it is an effect of what precedes, except in our day-to-day speech), he'll either interpret as a humorous catch-22 that likely hasn't put him in fits of uproarious laughter or he'll see it as something of a desperate scene ruined by the absurdity of shit. "When she... again.", an ultimately weak way to conclude the scene, as it's unoriginal, and doesn't appropriately convey any passion or veritable emotion felt by our dysenteric princess.

>> No.3074960

>>3074957

But the better approach is that by a coprophobe, as the scene might better present desparation in a vulgar and helpless death (assuming she has died). The coprophobe's reaction to the first three sentences will be the same as the fetishist's when we substitute passion for fear. However, this man might have a legitimate fear of one day finding himself with a historically bad case of dysenterey, and having to slowly starve in a puddle of his own shit. With that in mind, "The more she drank..." will seem a way of trivializing this fear of his, much like how "The dark, from where men can drag you away." doesn't wholly convey the anxieties and fears the dark might evoke. That last sentence, again, seems dispassionate and presents a circumstance as it happens rather than the feelings one caught in it might have.

>> No.3074969

>>3074957
And by the same token, reading Joyce's letters has made us all want to fuck long windy farts out of a whorish Nora, ergo Joyce is superior.

>> No.3074994

>5000+ pages of text
>pick out one of the most vulgar and crass paragraphs having to do with diarrhea

That's not biased at all.

>> No.3075011

>>3074960

She didn't die, so post invalidated I guess.

>> No.3075021

>>3075011
Not really. The coprophobe's still afraid of it happening to him, and just about all the same principles apply.

>> No.3075049

>>3074994
Post a good paragraph

>> No.3075051

>>3074571
>pedantic and frivolous

just saw you in that Lovecraft thread

>> No.3075057

>>3074994
You can pick out the shit scenes in Gravity's Rainbow (to bring up a previously mentioned example) and they are still amazing and brilliantly written. Actually Slothrop in the sewers is one of my favorite passages in the whole novel.

Granted the OP is an ancient troll image, and it doesn't make sense to compare Martin to great writers like Fitzgerald or Pynchon because he doesn't aim to be a great writer, he writes entertainment and therefore the quality of the writing itself isn't all too important. And that's fine, except when his fans get all anti-intellectual about things and start arguing that he's better than Fitzgerald or that it's all just subjective anyways or other nonsense.

>> No.3075068

>>3075057

>he writes entertainment

What does that even mean?

>> No.3075075

>>3075068

>What does that even mean?

His readers aren't that bright and don't have the capacity to be critical readers so his sloppy prose is forgivable.

>> No.3075081

>>3074666
>That Joyce love letter

Mother of god, but that is some creepy overwritten shit. I'd take the japes and pink masts over that any day, thank you.

>> No.3075085

>>3075049

I opened ADWD at random and picked something.

>The iron captain was not seen again that day, but as the hours passed the crew of his Iron Victory reported hearing the sound of wild laughter coming from the captain's cabin, laughter deep and dark and mad, and when Longwater Pyke and Wulfe One-Eye tried the cabin door they found it barred. Later singing was heard, a strange high wailing song in a tongue the maester said was High Valyrian. That was when the monkeys left the ship, screeching as they leapt into the water.
>Come sunset, as the sea turned black as ink and the swollen sun tinted the sky a deep and bloody red, Victarion came back on deck. He was naked from the waist up, his left arm blood to the elbow. As his crew gathered, whispering and trading glances, he raised a charred and blackened hand. Wisps of dark smoke rose from his fingers as he pointed at the maester. "That one. Cut his throat and throw him in the sea, and the winds will favor us all the way to Meereen." Moqorro had seen that in his fires. He had seen the wench wed too, but what of it? She would not be the first woman Victarion Greyjoy had made a widow.

>> No.3075091

>>3075075

Are you the person I replied to or some other douchebag trying to confuse things?

>> No.3075111

>>3075085
>black as ink
black ink I presume?

>> No.3075116

>>3075111
you presume wrong, keep up the reading comprehension classes for a few more years

>> No.3075128

>>3075116
>reading comprehension classes
What kind of retard school did you go to?

>> No.3075134

>>3075091
Entertainment is made to be enjoyed, but either isn't ambitious (it doesn't aim to be canon or anything similarly big in scope*), it panders to its audience, or it fails to pander to its academic and literary audience take itself so seriously as those authors we don't just write off as 'entertainment'.

*Ain't it funny how I say they're not as big in scope, but most of what sells tremendously more is what we might call 'entertainment'.

>>3075116
Wait if it isn't as black as black ink, than how black is it? Is it as black as red ink?

>> No.3075138 [DELETED] 

>>3075134
as seriously as*

And I didn't mean to sage.

>> No.3075141

>>3075085
>That was when the monkeys left the ship, screeching as they leapt into the water.

That passage made me snigger.

You certainly picked one of the worst chapters out of the entire book. Neckbeards might have liked it, though. It was certainly very manly, complete with assfucking the sole intellectual onboard.

>> No.3075147

>>3075134
as seriously as* then*

>> No.3075148

>>3075128
obviously not yours, as you seem to be either illiterate or trying your best to appear so

>> No.3075152

>There are many sorts of outlaws, just as there are many sorts of birds. A sandpiper and a sea eagle both have wings, but they are not the same. The singers love to sing of good men forced to go outside the law to fight some wicked lord, but most outlaws are more like this ravening Hound than they are the lightning lord. They are evil men, driven by greed, soured by malice, despising the gods and caring only for themselves. Broken men are more deserving of our pity, though they may be just as dangerous. Almost all are common-born, simple folk who had never been more than a mile from the house where they were born until the day some lord came round to take them off to war.
>Poorly shod and poorly clad, they march away beneath his banners, ofttimes with no better arms than a sickle or a sharpened hoe, or a maul they made themselves by lashing a stone to a stick with strips of hide. Brothers march with brothers, sons with fathers, friends with friends. They’ve heard the songs and stories, so they go off with eager hearts, dreaming of the wonders they will see, of the wealth and glory they will win. War seems a fine adventure, the greatest most of them will ever know.
>“Then they get a taste of battle.
>“For some, that one taste is enough to break them. Others go on for years, until they lose count of all the battles they have fought in, but even a man who has survived a hundred fights can break in his hundred-and-first. Brothers watch their brothers die, fathers lose their sons, friends see their friends trying to hold their entrails in after they’ve been gutted by an axe.

>> No.3075154
File: 169 KB, 600x494, bbk_chart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3075134
As black as blue-black I reckon

>> No.3075155

>>3075152

>“They see the lord who led them there cut down, and some other lord shouts that they are his now. They take a wound, and when that’s still half-healed they take another. There is never enough to eat, their shoes fall to pieces from the marching, their clothes are torn and rotting, and half of them are shitting in their breeches from drinking bad water.
>“If they want new boots or a warmer cloak or maybe a rusted iron halfhelm, they need to take them from a corpse, and before long they are stealing from the living too, from the smallfolk whose lands they’re fighting in, men very like the men they used to be. They slaughter their sheep and steal their chickens, and from there it’s just a short step to carrying off their daughters too. And one day they look around and realize all their friends and kin are gone, that they are fighting beside strangers beneath a banner that they hardly recognize. They don’t know where they are or how to get back home and the lord they’re fighting for does not know their names, yet here he comes, shouting for them to form up, to make a line with their spears and scythes and sharpened hoes, to stand their ground. And the knights come down on them, faceless men clad all in steel, and the iron thunder of their charge seems to fill the world…
>“And the man breaks.
>“He turns and runs, or crawls off afterward over the corpses of the slain, or steals away in the black of night, and he finds someplace to hide. All thought of home is gone by then, and kings and lords and gods mean less to him than a haunch of spoiled meat that will let him live another day, or a skin of bad wine that might drown his fear for a few hours. The broken man lives from day to day, from meal to meal, more beast than man. Lady Brienne is not wrong. In times like these, the traveler must beware of broken men, and fear them… but he should pity them as well.”

>> No.3075156

>>3075148
ooh u are going to need emt for that wicked burn

>> No.3075161

>>3075141

You can always spot the retard who hasn't a clue of what he's talking about when he implies the ASoIaF fanbase consists of "neckbeards".

>> No.3075167

>>3075152
Goddamn it, just stop, will you. Are you posting this as examples of "good writing"? Because it's not. I confess to having read ASOIAF with great enthusiasm, and GRRM does know how to tell a compelling story. The prose is serviceable, but it doesn't exactly bear scrutiny. It's a vehicle for the story, no more than that. The passage you quoted works in the context of the story, but stood on it's own it's just melodramatic tripe.

>> No.3075168

█████████████████████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░██
██░░▓▓▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓▓░░██
██░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
██████░░░░░░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░███████

This thread has been visited by the Spooky Skull.

If you continue to post in this thread, the Spooky Skull will come to your house tonight and pop out when you least expect it.

>> No.3075170

>>3075161
No, but there is a large and vocal neckbeard contingent.

>> No.3075171

>>3075167

Not "good writing" I agree, but better than what Quentin picked.

>> No.3075175
File: 84 KB, 720x479, Stannis_Blackwater_Promo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3075168
I fear no skull, spooky or otherwise.
Have at thee you cursed wretch!

>> No.3075180

>>3075175
█████████████████████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███░░░░K░I░L░L░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░██
██░░▓▓▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓▓░░██
██░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░██