[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 104 KB, 320x287, 1339782130910.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3050695 No.3050695[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey /lit/. I'm majoring in English literature (yeah I know) and tomorrow I am turning in a 30 page essay on love in Ovid's Metamorphoses. I feel like I'm in High School, but that is okay because it's easy. Anyway, what is your opinion on love and transformation in the Metamorphoses? I'm giving plenty of examples, for example how Daphne turned into a laurel tree after being chased by Apollo, and how Arachnes love of weaving corrupted her personality and changed her into a spider after boasting to the goddess Athena. Does anyone remember what the characters names in that one story involving cannibalism was called? At the ends they turn into birds if I remember correctly.

>> No.3050702

>Does anyone remember what the characters names in that one story involving cannibalism was called?
Fuck, I totally know the story you're talking about. But, as a reader, the think I'm worst about is remembering names. This is frustrating me.

Bump in hopes that you'll find the answer.

>> No.3050703

>Greek/Roman Literature
It's like I'm really in America

>> No.3050707

bump

>> No.3050721

You wrote 30 page essays on Metamorphoses in high school?

>> No.3051137

>>3050695
>English literature
>Latin
what?