[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 15 KB, 298x323, the-gunslinger-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3027742 No.3027742[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What do you guys think of Stephen King's Dark Tower series? I enjoyed the first book but feel as if it got a bit ridiculous later in the series. Just started the Wolves of Calla after a long break. What's your favourite book?

>> No.3027746
File: 37 KB, 253x397, GR.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this is my favorite book.

>> No.3027749

I don't read books by authors who have written more than 2 books.

>> No.3027765

I'm reading the comics.

>> No.3027780

>>3027765
What're the comics like? Do they cover everything that's in the novels? I'd be interested to see some of the illustrations.

>> No.3027782

i don't read

>> No.3027785

Read the first one a long time ago, a teenager at the time. I thought it was good... then I read the second and knew he fucked it up and was turning it into a shitty bestseller saga... then I read the third one and puked.

If my memory is not shit as I like to think it is, the first one might be worth reading and I think I would enjoy it... for some reason the concept of chasing after some vague shit is quite nice in my opinion. The others are just shit.

>> No.3027789

>>3027782
lol u so funny cause u on /lit/ and u dont read lol

>> No.3027831

First was decent. Rest were utter shit.

It was all rather predictable even though he tried desperately to throw curve balls, characters had no depth and there really wasnt any excitement or wonder or any particular reason to enjoy the book, characters or even the world in which they lived.

That whole section on the man who got a little too "excited" felt so contrived and poorly written that I really struggled to keep reading. The large gaps between writing the books also appears to have drastically altered the plot in some sections, and such occurences in my oppinion shouldnt ever show.

Overall it's an average series.