[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 23 KB, 170x239, cover3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2992266 No.2992266[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So I've been reading the Sound and the Fury on a recommendation from a professor and I'm about halfway through the second chapter, and I feel compelled to ask

what the flying fuck

>> No.2992272

Don't worry, it'll all come together in the end.

>> No.2992277

Just read it till the end you flying fuck.

>> No.2992286

The last two chapters are way easier than the first two, which are narrated respectively by a retarded man and a suicidal man, hence the confusion.

>> No.2992408

Yea I got about 1 chapter in and put it down because I hate mentally handicapped people in novels. Also those accents.

>> No.2992610

Haha, this thread makes me excited. I have in on my shelf, but haven't had time to read it yet.

>> No.2992638

I came to this thread to ride Faulkner's dick a bit more. Quentin's section of TSARF is, in my opinion, the most beautiful section of literature ever written. Nobody understood the South like Faulkner did, and nobody is more haunted by it than Quentin.

10/10, would ride again.

>> No.2992691

Seconding the re-reading of chapters if you don't quite get them. Also, you'll fall into the prose more comfortably the more you read. First Faulkner? Good choice if so. And yes, it is well worth any amount of time you invest in it.