[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 25 KB, 401x600, IT cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2959987 No.2959987 [Reply] [Original]

So. I re-read "IT" for the first time in about a decade (First read it 2002).

Is there any answer to why Pennywise says "They float down here".

Is it just something IT found amusing. Or is it actually connected to something. Like The state your in when your consumed by the death lights?

>> No.2959999

In the macroverse you are in a state of floating, and if you pass to the dead lights you still float.

>> No.2960022

I thought it was an extension of how balloons float, which It was using to lure children due to their fascination with flying or floating. He also says "down here" as opposed to "out here" so I'm assuming he means down in the sewers.

There probably isn't a legitimate explanation because the book was stupid as fuck with so many fucking things completely unexplained.

-What the fuck is the bullshit with the turtle? Apparently god is fucking turtle and It is the devil or something, and she just happens to prey on Stephen King's hometown of all fucking places on earth.
-No explanation as to why the characters all forgot their childhood when It died. If that's the case, then why the fuck did they also forget everything when It was still alive? Pretty fucking silly how they're regular people and yet the only way they can remember the most significant part of their lives is if It is alive.
-The fucking sewer orgy. Most disgusting shit I've ever seen in popular literature.

>> No.2960038

>>2960022

From my understanding the Turtle and IT are eternal beeings and there are other hints in other Stephen king books about other devine beeings.

But the Turtle and IT were always existing, but the turtle died somewhere during the time IT was healing.

Also. It's uncertain that IT is dead, if you go by the hints in books like The Tommyknockers and dreamcatcher and so on.

If Pennywise isn't dead, it's possible that IT made them forget about IT again.

>> No.2960238

>>2960022

I think Chud came from the HEAVY drug usage King was maintaining during the time he wrote it.

>> No.2960268

Child orgy general?

Child orgy general.

>> No.2960306

>>2960022
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Turtle

>> No.2960310

>>2960038
>>2960022
Have you ever read King's Dark Tower series?
A lot of loose ends in his novels and short stories come from the fact that they come into play in the Dark Tower (ex: Father Calahan in Salem's lot).

>> No.2960311

>>2960310
forgot my link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Tower_(series)

>> No.2960313

I think it's safe to say that Pennywise is one of the following creatures.

Bear - Turtle
Horse - Dog
Fish - Rat
Elephant - Wolf
Lion - Eagle
Bat - Hare