[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 234 KB, 600x902, costarica.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2959749 No.2959749[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I'm interested in details, stories about any author's work or life.

What are the things not well-known about them that are of interest and relevant ? And I don't mean gossip.

>> No.2959751

James Joyce's wife had an arse full of farts this one night, and he fucked them out of her.

>> No.2959763

Hitchcock sometimes would tell how is dad sent him to the police office when he was 5, with a letter. One officer read the letter, and had little Hitchcock be put in jail for about an hour (or maybe less than that, just enough to scare him off) to "show him what happens when little boys don't behave". Needless to say little Hitchcock was terrified, all the more so than e never knew for which fault he was punished (he was a very obediant child and his father would often call him "my little lamb"). The whole trick was his dad's idea as the letter probably explained. Hitchcock said he never forgot the sense of guilt and terror he felt that day, which is telling considering how prevalent were the themes of guilt and innocence in his works.
Hitchcock is not a writer, but the story is interesting, and I guess it is the kind of this you're looking for, OP ?

>> No.2959777

André the giant, to tall at age 12 to fit in the school-bus, was driven to school by a friend of his father, Samuel Beckett.

>> No.2959791
File: 73 KB, 500x520, 1342201095613.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hemingway choked while taking his eye medicine. Tilting his head backward to apply the drops from the bottle, he put the bottle cap between his lips. It got stuck in his throat (he had lost his gag-reflex because of heavy drug use) and he sffocated.

>> No.2959795
File: 56 KB, 600x417, jamesjoyce-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2959751

>> No.2959834

>>2959791
You are confusing Hemingway with Tennessee Williams. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Williams#Death

Hemingway committed suicide and shot himself in the head.

>> No.2961198

Flaubert had VD pretty much all his life, and didn't mind where he stuck his dick.

Also, captcha is gay.