[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 251 KB, 1280x1024, tv_breaking_bad05.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2952871 No.2952871[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Good morning fellow /lit/izens. I trust such well-read individuals enjoy Breaking Bad?

Now that we've reached the mid-season finale, what predictions have you made?

Beginning of S5:

- Hank finds out about Walt (investigation has been going on for too long for it to lead nowhere)
- Walt becomes the antagonist (With Gus dead, someone has to assume his position)
- As Walt becomes the antagonist, Jesse and Walt will have a falling out.
- As a falling out occurs, Walt may die at the hands of Jesse (if pushed to that extremity, Jesse is still too emotional).

I almost exclusively watch Breaking Bad, but I think I've done a decent job with predictions.

Thoughts on Breaking Bad guys?

>> No.2952883

It's entertaining at times but all in all pretty mid-tier television.

Sage because not /lit/ related.

>> No.2952885

>>2952883

Labor day, take it easy there buddy.

>> No.2952888

I can't contribute because I'm still on the first season, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Solid show though.

>> No.2952890

>>2952888

i should've posted them as spoilers, my apologies.

>> No.2952893
File: 60 KB, 400x552, Alyson Hannigan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2952890
No worries. I didn't read beyond "what predictions have you made?".

>> No.2952894

Jesse won't kill Walt. Walt already was the antagonist, he'll become more of a good guy toward the end, the closer he gets to being caught by hank. Schuyler might kill herself. Walt either goes to prison or kills Hank and Jesse and reigns as Heisenberg

>> No.2952898

I don't like the theme, I get bored often. Then again, I dislike tv series in general, the only one that I was able to follow was Mad Men.

Not /lit/ though, no reason for you to come here and ask us about it. The /lit/erats that could discuss it with you already post on /tv/ about it.

>> No.2952899

>>2952894

Yeahh, I may have been too ambitious with that one.

The thing is, at the beginning of S5, Jesse gives Walt that watch as a present. Throughout this season and especially during the mid-season finale, you could hear that ticking of the watch. Walt is a time bomb and he's either going to explode or be disarmed. To be true to this symbolism, would it not be Jesse to "disarm" this bomb?

As for Hank, I have resented his character from the beginning. A man who progresses merely through good fortune, in my opinion, simply should not be able to challenge Walt. Ah well.

>> No.2952903

>>2952898

True, but I love the /lit/erates so.

Also, the /tv/ thread is 3,000 posts with the majority of it consisting of breaking bad memes...cba to sift through all that.