[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 257 KB, 605x1027, les-mis-book-cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2952692 No.2952692 [Reply] [Original]

Opinions?

>> No.2952707

it's the worst thing I've ever read

>> No.2952708

Steak should be cooked 'til right in that gap between rare and medium rare.

>> No.2952709

I think vanilla icecream is better than chocolate icecream. However, I think that chocolate icecream goes better with cereal, which is a preference of mine when eating icecream.

Dr. Strangelove is my favourite Stanley Kubrick film.

I usually like cold showers better than hot showers in daily routine, but every once in a while, when I'm really exhausted, a hot shower can feel like heaven.

I personally don't like videogames in general.

Toilet paper should come from the front of the roll, not the back.

Brunettes are better, but I've recently met a few blondes that is making me change my mind. Never cared for redheads though.

Arcanine is the best Pokemon.

>> No.2952712
File: 23 KB, 284x253, pikemon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2952709
>Arcanine

>> No.2952713

reading it now. enjoying it so far.

>> No.2952722

Dunkin Donuts is superior to Starbucks as far as mainstream coffee shops are concerned.

>> No.2952739

Just listen to the musical.

10th anniversary/dream cast performance, obviously.

>> No.2952795

Read it, loved it, but when I buy it, I'm just going to get the abridged. Or reread it skipping all the fluff. Waterloo and Monastery was enough to get through once. Still some parts of the musical that I can't get out of my head.
Eponine got screwed.
Fantine was a badass.
Book Gavroche was less annoying than musical Gavroche.

>> No.2953141

>>2952795

Naw.... I'm going to read it in French next, having read it in English. The only bit I paid less attention to was his section on the importance of human waste.

But yeah, whilst I enjoy the musical the book is far superior.

The musical works as a musical but the stuff it has to cut out really takes away from the whole brilliance of the book.

>> No.2953155

>>2952722
>tfw reading that right as a Dunkin' Donuts commercial comes on

That was surreal bro. Please stop.