[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 6 KB, 264x400, edgyman.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2952263 No.2952263[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Due to nihilism, I could do things to your family that you wouldn't even think possible.

I am the absurd monster.

>> No.2952269
File: 715 B, 75x59, edgyman .png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This will not be the last of me.

see you soon

>> No.2952275

Due to fagism, you are OP.

>> No.2952279
File: 1.69 MB, 268x200, 2EAup.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.2952276
File: 13 KB, 304x275, jarjarclose.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

We are the modern cunt
positive anti reason
unbounded unleashed unforgiving
we see art with our cunt we make art with our cunt
we believe in jouissance madness holiness and poetry
we are the virus of the new world disorder
rupturing the symbolic from within
saboteurs of big daddy mainframe
the clitoris is a direct line to the matrix
VNS MATRIX
terminators of the moral codes
mercenaries of slime
go down on the altar of abjection
probing the visceral temple we speak in tongues
infiltrating disrupting disseminating
corrupting the discourse
we are the future cunt

>> No.2952292

you could do those things without nihilism faggot

>> No.2952296

sounds more like hedonism than nihilism.

>> No.2952303

A true nihilist wouldn't bother posting a thread.

>> No.2952325

>>2952263
Nah op, you're a hypocrite because you wouldn't want me to do something to you or your family.

You can say existence is meaningless but if someones in your room wanting to kill you, you won't let them, you will fight back, you will want to survive. So as I said, going around doing what you said would be extremely hypocritical.

>> No.2952328

>Due to nihilism, I could do things to your family that you wouldn't even think possible.
OP thinks 'nihilism' means 'wizardry'.

>> No.2952331

sounds more like pedophilia than nihilism

>> No.2952359

>>2952263
>>2952269
I for one welcome /lit/'s edgy new villain. Just... not as a tripfriend. Please not as a tripfriend.

>> No.2952362

>>2952263
Monsters bite, they don't make threads on 4chan. You liar.

>> No.2952366

>>2952325
aww man you just totally owned nihilism with one stroke! you got it figured out!

>> No.2952370

>>2952366
I just hate the, I don't care, nothing matters nihilism behavior because the people saying it are talking absolute shit, push comes to shove, they won't live by the shit they talk.

We have no idea and can't know what existence is all about, nihilism sounds pretty logical, I just want people to be able to see their hypocrisy and change it, not spread it.

>> No.2952377

Wrong.

>One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who have only interests

~John Stuart Mill

Religion confirmed for the dangerous enabler nihilism is not.

>> No.2952381

>>2952377
Nihilism isn't a belief?

>> No.2952382

>>2952377
>I quoted a philosopher. That proves I'm right.

>> No.2952384

>>2952381
Yes.

>> No.2952385

>>2952382
as is the case with anyone in any argument ever.

nihilism is recognition of the futility of all things.
the only thing it encourages people to do is nothing because thats what the word means

troll on faggot

>> No.2952407

>>2952385
>nihilism is the FALSE recognition of the futility of all things.
fixed

>> No.2952442

>>2952407
prove it.

>> No.2952444

>>2952407
>thinks he can refute nihilism
>thinks he is the greatest human mind in the history of the world

troll on faggot

>> No.2952450

>>2952385
>as is the case with anyone in any argument ever.
no you edgy teenager. Its true that to use an authority's quote to prove a point might be usefull; if in context but, in an argument you need to use logic reasoning and proof. Quoting for the sake of quoting is mental masturbation and you are simply showing off to the other kids by doing so, so please stop.

>> No.2952461

>>2952442
>>2952444
>common belief (BELIEF) among uneducated young males with an interest in science

proved wrong, deal with it, kids

>> No.2952471

>>2952263
due to nihilism, as well as a profound hatred for my parents, I'd invite you to try your best

>> No.2952478

>>2952263
>implying your ethical belief structure has any impact on your subconscious experience of guilt and fear

Besides, if you totally level your values and have a supernatural ability to override instinct and urges you wouldn't want to kill my family.

>> No.2952507

The only 'nihilists' ive ever seen are the ones with uncut rats nest hair and 'Im an Atheist, debate me' type t-shirts.

You know, the typical white boys, who cross the road when a nigger is walking on the same side of the pavement as them.

>> No.2952526

>>2952478
>supernatural ability to override instinct and urges
What? you think such a ability doesn't exist and has to be supernatural?

what a shit world you live in

>> No.2952528

>>2952526
but it doesn't exist, you can only be moved by your brain, there is no real distinction between 'base instinct' and 'will'. You can only overcome one urge with another. The only way to escape the basics of the competing urges of a wet-ware mind is indeed with something supernatural, for all natural phenomena follow natural law, by definition.

Instinct is an arbitrary human forged distinction, but "inborn" vs "learned" is neither meaningful nor real.

>> No.2952531

>>2952528
Prove it.

>> No.2952533

>>2952478
>implying a subconscious exists

> experience of guilt and fear
>obviously is a normal with a normal brain and or hasn't been down the depths of suffering, or isn't a sociopath, or a true stoic

>if you totally level your values
>level your values to what?
>your subjective opinion based on evolutionary bullshit

>you wouldn't want to kill my family.
>implying you would know the outcome

>> No.2952540

>>2952533
of course the subconscious exists, the conscious is completely impotent, that has been proven.

>> No.2952554

>>2952540
>that has been proven.
Amazing proof you got there.

>>2952540
> the conscious is completely impotent
1. Why would you want to believe this?
2. What are the practical benefits?

are you a determinist or something? pop-sci type? back to /sci/ with you

>> No.2952565

>>2952554
>1. Why would you want to believe this?
because it is true and I generally find it preferable to believe true things
>2. What are the practical benefits?
first we must define 'the good' to know what is beneficial.

>Amazing proof you got there.
That we take action before being conscious of it has been proven, its a well known study, look it up.

>> No.2952573 [DELETED] 

>>2952565
>That we take action before being conscious of it has been proven, its a well known study, look it up.

>implying that study covers all things
Look, you're here from /sci/.

without God nothing will convince me of morals.

>because it is true
says you

your worldview (physicalism) is a inherently nihilistic one even if you don't realize it

nothing stops your family from harm now

>> No.2952591

>>2952573
>Look, you're here from /sci/.
Nope.

>without God nothing will convince me of morals.
And without the devil nothing will free you of them. You are bound and fettered by wet-ware chains. Prove me wrong.

>says you
But I am not wrong.

>nothing stops your family from harm now
yes, and nothing is doing a very good job of it too.

>> No.2952592

The experiment bears a lot of similarity to early experiments in psychology in which subjects do unusual & unexpected things. For example hypnosis subjects who put their hand into a jar of liquid, which they have been told is acid, in order to get the money in the jar. The explanation is that the subjects believe the hypnosis state emboldens the subjects to take these "risks".
Reality check: The subjects know it is an experiment & they want to be good subjects. (There are lots of reasons why people might want to be "good subjects". Thes range from need for approval, self esteem , to desire to be called again for participation in future experiments). They also know that no experimenter is going to risk going to jail just to complete his experiment (consider what would happen to the experimenter if there really was sulfuric acid in the jar & he/she let subjects stick their hands into it).
More realistic experiments along this line need to allow subjects openness of choice. Thus for example the subject decides whether to respond & also why. Thus what is needed is tests which have subjects making choices for logical & / or emotional reasons, not just to please the experimenter.

>> No.2952590

>>2952565
This is not a "normal" situation. This is an experiment. The subject has no choice, really. The illusion of choice is about which button to press, but really there is no choice. The subject wants to be a good subject so he does not make the choice to press none of the buttons. Nor does he choose to not be put into the MRI tube, etc, etc. The point, he has an illusion of choice. He must press one of the buttons to fulfill his chosen role (good subject), however either button may be equally likely since there is no logical criteria for making a choice. Since he may play in his mind with which button to press the various parts of the brain will become activated. It is known that in order for physical motor activity to occur, the brain must first activate areas specific to the motor activity. There is nothing new here. In order to act one must first have the intention to act or the brain will not initiate the action. Since the subject in this experiment has no real reason for choosing one button over the other, he could be responding to unconscious urges to push one of the buttons (intention initiated in the brain) in order to fulfill his role.

>> No.2952594

>>2952591
>wet-ware chains

>hurr i can into leary and cyberpunk
enjoy your pseudo-science and shitty studies

annoying prick

>> No.2952596

>>2952590
The point however is that the action preceded awareness of the action. It doesn't matter what form of deliberation they perform, off the cuff or deep metaphysical contemplation of right versus left. The action precedes the conscious awareness. The conscious mind is therefore demonstrably not necessary to making choices, any conjecture to the contrary now carries a burden of proof to overturn the preponderance of the evidence.

Why should we think the consciousness plays any role at all? It is a feedback mechanism, nothing more.

>> No.2952598

>>2952594
>hurr i can into leary and cyberpunk
I have never read either.

enjoy your delusions.

>> No.2953911

wat