[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 39 KB, 500x333, sad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2905897 No.2905897[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I'm assuming a lot of you are academics, /lit/. I home I am not being to presumptuous in this, and I am aware, and appropriately sorry, that this is not strictly a thread related to literature.

How do/did you deal with results day when it comes around? I find myself filled with such terrible, inexorable fear that I don't know what to do with myself. What are some good ways of coping? I've attempted to rationalise away my fear, but so far that approach has had little effect.

>> No.2906101
File: 1.28 MB, 273x192, Sandra Fluke-Deal with it.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Its alright Dimitri
<-Animated

>> No.2906119

What's academia?

from academia (see academy). Meaning "theoretical, not practical, not leading to a decision" (OED)

What my asshole father worries about: grades
What I worry about: being a good person.

If you're an academic, you don't worry about the functional part of your education. you don't worry about your grades.

You worry about all the people who worry about grades. You worry about how to love them even though they're wholly caught up in this big mess of things that aren't important. And then you worry about how to keep doing what you should.

Haha, grades.
>>2905897 Deal with what?

>> No.2906126

>>2906119
"Results day"

>> No.2906133
File: 21 KB, 300x361, dna_paternity_test_drugstore.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do/did you deal with results day when it comes around? I find myself filled with such terrible, inexorable fear that I don't know what to do with myself. What are some good ways of coping? I've attempted to rationalise away my fear, but so far that approach has had little effect.

>> No.2906457

Got it. I was trying to show you why what you;re worried about is nothing at all.

>> No.2906462

>>2906101
>filename

nice.