[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 181 KB, 640x520, White Mage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2834406 No.2834406[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>go to sleep one night when I'm 20
>in the dream, I find myself in a mystical fantasy world, not unlike those found in typical wRPGs
>it's a bustling medieval world
>after a while, realize I'm dreaming; however, I can't manipulate the world as I normally could in a lucid dream
>the dream is abnormally long; by my count, it lasted some 4 years
>I went to sleep in the dream, dreamed in the dream, and awoke in the dream
>go on grand adventures daily, make lots of friends and companions
>come to terms that this is my world now, my home, the place I'll be forever
>the night before I'm to go on a great journey to defeat the evil cursing the land, go to sleep, only to wake up in the real world
>house burned down while we were sleeping way back then, I was in a coma for 9 months due to carbon monoxide poisoning
>everyone survived, but there wasn't certainty I would as well
>reality just doesn't compare to my fantasy dream world
>turns out I can't be a girl anymore

Are there any really good, preferably not postmodern books about dreams or dreaming?

>> No.2835204
File: 1.63 MB, 360x236, OelVq.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2834406
I wish that would happen to me.

>> No.2835216

OP, tell me stories of your adventures.

>> No.2835240

How old are you now?

>> No.2835276

wow, I envy you op. at the same time I feel for your current grief. must be tough.

>> No.2835294

>That feel when you fall in love in your dream then wake up and will never get to hold your dreamfu again.

>> No.2835303

>>2835216
what in particular do you want to know?

>>2835240

>>2835276
it's not so much a terrible feeling anymore as a constant, wistful melancholy. I mean, I understand that this is the real world, but boy, it sure was nice before.

>>>2835294
>no more rapier-wielding dream husbando
I've developed a futa fetish due to my uncertain sexuality.

>> No.2835304
File: 100 KB, 549x542, 1328179695497.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>shitpost on /v/
>everyone calls bullshit
>shitpost on /lit/ instead

>> No.2835314

>>2834406
I didn't think experiences like yours actually happened OP. That sucks man.

I don't think I know any good dream books now that I think of it. Except nonfiction how to do lucid dreaming and Freud's stuff.

>> No.2835319

>>2835304
>shitpost

>hey /lit/ i'm going start reading again so im going to pick up some books tomorrow. what are some good books that I should get up at the library?

>hey /lit/, do you guys ever talk about A Song of Ice and Fire, or are you exclusively into Deep Shit?

>Isn't being an artist, a philosopher, a writer less noble, less challenging path in life than being a scientist, explorer, entrepreneur, politician.

>Anybody here read Orthodoxy by Chesterton? Reading it now, thought I share my thoughts about it so far:

>/lit/, having some difficulty with Being and Time.

>/lit/'s new 4chan World Cup logo in the making

there are plenty of other literature related threads you can post in, teehee

>> No.2835326

>>2835314
>>2835304
kinda two inter-related posts, one assuming that it didn't happen, the other doubting (sensibly) that it didn't happen. I can't prove these things happened, at least not without ditching my anonymity, so it's always your prerogative to believe they didn't.

>> No.2835328

>>2835294
>that feel when you realize you're in a dream because of dreamfu.

>> No.2835332

aldous huxley's 'doors of perception' and 'heaven & hell'

'arctic dreams' -- not actually about dreams, but it might as well be, the way the arctic gets described

>> No.2835333

>tfw op steals copypasta from another board because /lit/ sucks just that much

I respect you for your intentions, op, but did you really think we wouldn't find out?

http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/145460596/

unless you lied in that thread and changed the details to protect yourself

>> No.2835572

I know I'm going to get shat on for this, but Lovecraft wrote a few stories dealing with similar premises. Together it's called the Dream Cycle.

Might be worth looking into, OP, even you are just copypasta.