[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 14 KB, 200x302, Hunger_games.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2807226 No.2807226[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Why read fiction? Why pay someone to tell you an idea they had in their head? I'm not trolling, I look at J.K. Rowling and wonder why some made up characters she came up with on a train ride are so popular, she's now a billionaire. Anyone could have came up with child wizards and pedo sorcerers.

Pic related: same with this lump of shit.

>> No.2807235
File: 73 KB, 520x793, hunter-s-thompsons-very-angry-reaction-to-a-piece.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why listen to music? Why pay someone to play a melody they had in their head? I'm not trolling, I look at Justin Beiber and wonder why some lyrics she came up with on a train ride are so popular, she's now a billionaire. Anyone could have came up with "baby baby oohh" and drum beats.

>> No.2807252

I fucking agree 100%. I'm glad I'm in good company.

>> No.2807277
File: 118 KB, 640x480, 1337914005661.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why watch movies? Why pay someone to show you an idea they had in their head? I'm not trolling, I look at Michael Bay and wonder why some made up characters he came up with on a train ride are so popular, he's now a billionaire. Anyone could have came up with explosions and military heroes.

>> No.2807282

Because reality is, most of the time, boring. I experience it all the time, it's nice to take a break from it and read about some stuff that is impossible. Interesting ideas can be explored within the realm of the impossible.

>> No.2807284
File: 47 KB, 800x685, zdzislaw_beksinski_1974_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why look at paintings? Why pay someone to paint you an idea they had in their head? I'm not trolling, I look at Caravaggio and wonder why some religious scenes she came up with on a train ride are so popular, she's now a billionaire. Anyone could have came up with dead men in various states of undress.

>> No.2807287

This is fucking golden.

>> No.2807290

>>2807226

Because one of my favorite writers is Gore Vidal. I've never read the hunger games, nor do I intend to any time soon.

>> No.2807291
File: 25 KB, 400x389, philosoraptor-goofy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why read philosophy? Why pay someone to tell you an idea they had in their head? I'm not trolling, I look at Nietzsche and wonder why some made up characters she came up with on a train ride are so popular, she's now a billionaire. Anyone could have came up with donkeys and ubermensch.

>> No.2807293

>>2807284

>Caravaggio
>she
>now a billionaire

who are you talking about? Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio was an Italian artist active in Rome, Naples, Malta, and Sicily between 1593 and 1610

>> No.2807329

>Why pay someone to tell/show/paint you an idea they had in their head?
>Why pay someone to play a melody they had in their head?
Enjoyment.

In certain cases, the idea may apply to the real world.

>> No.2807333

>I'm not trolling
seems legit

my imagination is a bit shit compared to those of a lot of career writers. when i read, it makes my brain feel good.

that said, i read mainly older literature. cliched as the expression is, it's a lens into the past.

>> No.2807336
File: 6 KB, 251x228, ashamed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ITT: A single anon decides to debunk all of fiction

>> No.2807384

>>2807291
>Why pay someone to tell you an idea they had in their head?

Why do scientists publish their work for peer review?

So others can expand and built on their concepts, theories and ideas.

You are a certified idiot.

>> No.2807426

>>2807226
Why read message boards? Why have someone tell you what they had in their head? I'm not trolling, I look at Anonymous and wonder why some words he came up with are so popular. Anyone could have come up with posting and pointing things out.

>> No.2808044

Because sometimes the ideas are good. It just so happens that your two examples are bad. Think about it, is it worth paying someone more for something they didn't even have to create?