[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 74 KB, 653x888, cambelotti 7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2806939 No.2806939 [Reply] [Original]

I've got 20gb of books from library.nu and other sites

What would be the easiest way to share this content online without taking much risk? I'm on a private tracker for ebooks but thats too much trouble and not available to most

>> No.2806946

Mediafire?

>> No.2806972

What's the point? Since you already got it yourself online....

>> No.2806974
File: 49 KB, 348x400, 1264648900376.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2806972

>> No.2807051

Whats the point? I want to spread fcking awesome books

>> No.2807104
File: 145 KB, 800x527, mylibrary.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2806939
you can let me down them and then I can spread

>> No.2807112

slsk
private torrent
100 mediafire links
#bookz
usbs, cards, dvds, cds, floppys, something.

>> No.2807119

/lit/ had a very good library going with a calibre site and an FTP for uploads up until a couple weeks ago, but the site has been offline since then, and I haven't heard anything more about it yet. If it comes back, you could upload at least some of the books there (I don't know if the host would want 20GB of what may include many duplicates, etc. etc., but you could figure something out).

I guess you could also open your own calibre server! It's not a "risk" as long as you don't tell anyone except /lit/ about it!

>> No.2807160

i had no idea about calibre servers, i'll look into that

>> No.2807175

FTP Server

>> No.2807416

I wonder if setting up an online library would be more feasible if you used a location-hiding protocol like Freenet or i2p.

>> No.2807450
File: 30 KB, 350x272, KID-.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING TO OBTAIN AN “INVITE” TO THE TORRENTRACKER “KARAGARGA” FOR MONTHS, UNSUCCESSFULLY.

TODAY I CAJOLED SOMEONE AT /lit/ INTO SENDING ME AN “INVITE” TO THE TORRENTRACKER “KARAGARGA”.

HE WAS REQUESTING AN “INVITE” TO “LIBRARY.NU” IN EXCHANGE FOR AN “INVITE” TO ONE OF SEVERAL PRIVATE TRACKERS THAT HE HAD LISTED.

I ASKED HIM “DO YOU HAVE AN ‘INVITE’ TO THE TORRENTRACKER ‘KARAGARGA’?”.

HE REPLIED “YES”.

I TOLD HIM THAT WE COULD EXCHANGE “INVITES”. HE AGREED.

HE DID NOT WANT TO POST HIS EMAIL ADDRESS, SO HE ASKED ME IF I WOULD BE WILLING TO POST MINE, FOR HIM TO SEND ME THE “INVITE” TO THE TORRENTRACKER “KARAGARGA”.

PERFECT.

I POSTED MY EMAIL ADDRESS.

APPROXIMATELY TWO MINUTES LATER THE “INVITE” TO THE TORENTRACKER “KARAGARGA” HAD BEEN SENT TO ME ALONG WITH HIS EMAIL ADDRESS, FOR ME TO SEND HIM THE “INVITE” TO “LIBRARY.NU”.

I CREATED MY ACCOUNT IN “KARAGARGA.NET”.

I REPLIED TO HIM AT /lit/, “HOW WOULD YOU REACT EMOTIONALLY IF I DID NOT HAVE AN ‘INVITE’ TO ‘LIBRARY.NU’, AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO?”

“i would be very upset. fuck”, HE REPLIED.

“I DO NOT HAVE AN ‘INVITE’ TO ‘LIBRARY.NU’”, I REPLIED. “I DID NOT MEANT TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS”.

>> No.2807451

I HAD BEEN LOOKING TO OBTAIN AN “INVITE” TO THE TORRENTRACKER “KARAGARGA” FOR MONTHS, UNSUCCESSFULLY.

I USED “’SOCIAL ENGINEERING’ TECHNIQUES” NOW.

IT WORKED.

“okay. just do nothing to get me banned on kg and i’ll be aight. also if you could try your best to get me a library.nu invite that would be great”, HE REPLIED.

THAT POST REMINDED ME OF “BILL LUMBERGH” FROM THE “MOVIE” “OFFICE SPACE”.

“OF COURSE, DO NOT WORRY.

I WILL TRY TO FIND AN ‘INVITE’ TO ‘LIBRARY.NU’ FOR YOU”, I REPLIED.

I SEARCHED FOR AN ‘INVITE’ TO “LIBRARY.NU” FOR APPROXIMATELY TEN MINUTES, UNSUCCESFULLY, THEN I PROCEEDED TO DOWNLOAD “MOVIES” VIA TORRENT FROM “KARAGARGA”.

I FAILED TO FULFILL THE “THREE GIGABYTES UPLOAD QUOTA” BEFORE FOURTEEN DAYS HAD ELAPSED, AND MY ACCOUNT WAS “DISABLED”.

DAYS LATER I ACQUIRED ANOTHER “INVITE”, AT “MUBI.COM”, BUT FIVE DAYS LATER I WAS “BANNED” WITHOUT APPARENT REASON.

APPROXIMATELY THREE WEEKS LATER, AN ACQUAINTANCE FROM /tv/, WHO FREQUENTED “MUBI.COM” ALSO, PROVIDED ME WITH AN “INVITE” TO “KARAGARGA.NET”, WHICH HE ACQUIRED VIA A USER OF ANOTHER FORUM.

I STILL HAVE THAT ACCOUNT. I HAVE NOT BEEN “BANNED”, AND I CAN BALANCE MY “UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD QUOTA” RELATIVELY WELL.

>> No.2808395

>>2807160
FTP Server man, they're easy to set up. For example, /jp/ runs one for their Touhoues.

>> No.2810078

Bumping to let OP know there's interest in this still.

>> No.2810081

>>2806939

I am truly interested in those books. If you find a way to share, please, let us know!

>> No.2810082

>>2808395

"Fuck Tha Police" server

>> No.2811073

Ask /g/ for help, granted the answer for setting up a FTP server isn't easily found somewhere else.

>> No.2811087

>>2807119
>I guess you could also open your own calibre server! It's not a "risk" as long as you don't tell anyone except /lit/ about it!
The moment you open ports on the internet, they'll get sniffed by someone.

>> No.2811091
File: 113 KB, 640x480, baby3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>"Fuck Tha Police" server

damn straight mothafucka

>> No.2811890

>>2811087
True, but a password is easy to put on. The password can be TaoLin or something.

>> No.2811904

>>2811890
>TaoLin added to Dictionary
Seriously though, I seem to remember the calibre server being pretty secure, and I last used one about 5 years ago.

>> No.2811905

> had free invites to bibliotik cause i'm in cinematik and they just hooked it up when the website started
> never used it cause wtf is the point of e-books
> had a karagarga account but got kicked cause i never used it cause wtf is the point of .avis r u srs
> tfw just use cinematik and dl dvd9s

yea nigga yea

>> No.2811920

why not a torrent? why so obsessed about being it private? (i just dont know)