[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 34 KB, 450x450, kvcatscradle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2795751 No.2795751 [Reply] [Original]

So I just read this read this book today, my friend let me borrow it and said it was a good read. I read it in a day and was astonished on how much I liked it. Ill probably read it again, slower and look for the themes and messages throughout the book.

Anyways what is /lit/s opinion of this book?

>> No.2795754

First on my to read list.

>> No.2795756

I liked it. The ending gave me chills. You'll probably read Slaughterhouse Five and Breakfast of Champions next (if this is your first Vonnegut) but don't forget to check out The Sirens of Titan.

>> No.2795760

>implying anyone here has heard of vonnegut

>>>/v/

>> No.2795772

Op here
The inside cover gave a list of all his books, I wasn't sure which ones would be just as good, where your recommendations better, worse or about the same as "Cats Cradle"?

>> No.2795779

Spoilers*

Also I wanted to state my to favorite parts, the first was the chapter "How I almost lost Mona" as it was interesting to see how the main character had what he wanted, but not how he wanted it.

My second favorite part was when Mona killed herself, that part was eerie, and touching, the book it so fast paced which makes it so good, but after I read this part I had to set it down for a sec and reflect a little...

>> No.2795848

>>2795772
Well out of those four, my personal order of preference is:

The Sirens of Titan > Slaughterhouse Five > Breakfast of Champions = Cat's Cradle

But they're all good.

Keep in mind that i never hear people mention Sirens, though, his most popular are Slaughterhouse and Breakfast.

>> No.2797697

cat's cradle, Mother's Night and Breakfast of Champions are my favorites, followed by slaughterhouse and timequake and so on.

>> No.2797711

I thought Cat's Cradle was decent. Of the four Vonnegut novels I've read:

Mother Night >>> Slaughter House 5 > Cat's Cradle > Sirens of Titan