[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 53 KB, 423x317, pynchonsimpsons.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2784036 No.2784036[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

so, /lit/, can ya help me out? I need to know about culture. what's going on with modern culture right now? share some observations and ideas on its place. tell me about the nature of the era in which we live.

>> No.2784052

Most of these people are caught up in old shit.

What's new in culture? Vapidity and insipidity is on the rise.
'cept that's not new.

Oh yeah, the new iPhone 4S is awesome, apparently, and the Sony pad thingy is better than the iPad thingy, and uhhhhh... performance art is all the rage because it doesn't require anything of the viewer. Film has subsumed all other arts, especially contemporary lit, if it ain't cinematic, it isn't even published.

Science is cool except when it has to be, ya know, actually studied.
Everybody's controlled by their genes even though this is inconsistent with what genes actually do anyhow.
God is blessing and condemning the USA like fucking crazy. I mean all the time. He has a huge hard-on for the US, but it's a hot-cold thing, ya know?

Celebrities don't have to do anything to be celebrities.

>> No.2784059

>>2784052
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ

>> No.2784060

>>2784059
I wasn't being serious, just riffing cause I saw a commercial for it the other day. The Onion is awesome though.