[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 68 KB, 219x324, World_War_Z_book_cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2777631 No.2777631[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What did everyone think of World War Z. I thought it was a good book. Most likely because it was the first book I've ever read in a interview perspective.

>> No.2777645

I enjoyed it, but didn't like the format. The premise is great, and I do believe it's the first zombie novel to actually portray a zombie outbreak from a global perspective, but the anthologizing made it harder to get into.

I like day by day armaggeddon by JL bourne more.

>> No.2777657

If you were to pick nearly any one of the stories at random and flesh it out into a movie, it might be one of the better zombie movies of all time. However, that's also the problem: All he writes is
the beginning - the hook - and then moves on when it just starts to get interesting.

Like the Japanese kid who is trapped in the building but finds a katana- WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HIM!??!?!

Annoyed the shit out of me.

>> No.2777667

>>2777657
I very much agree. There were characters id love to read more chapters on. And some that bore me to death.

Not sure how movie format will work.