[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 20 KB, 200x312, MiceAndMen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2764529 No.2764529 [Reply] [Original]

The best book ive read is Of mice and men, its by a guy called Steinbeck. Its a really good book, theres a lot of themes explored in the book, like the american dream, the impact of depression and how plans never seem to work out.

The two lead characters George and Lenny, really work well together, one is big and slow, whilst the other is snappy.

I think its good to have two lead characters as it offers two differeing perspectives on events, which adds a depth to the book.

>> No.2764534

>>2764529
>how plans never seem to work out.
That's implied by the title

>> No.2764535

As a senior, I won a writing/English award at my high school. Thereafter, all of my friends would write essays that read like your post, and then give them to me for review. That was when I first noticed how illiterate most of my friends are.

>> No.2764543

>>2764529
D-

No development. No examples from the book to substantiate the points you're trying to make.

See me after class.

I assume that anyone using the words "disinfo", "bot", or "Talon" is mentally handicapped and ignore them.

>> No.2764544

How did you get hold of my homework from frade school, OP?!!

>> No.2764548

ITT: If your high school english teacher posted on /lit/

>> No.2764551

never heard of it.
this "steinbeck" fellow sounds like a hack to me

>> No.2764572

>tfw lenny's been more intimate with a girl than you

>> No.2764575

>>2764572
.....than you will ever be intimate with a girl.

fucking ambiguous grammar

>> No.2764584
File: 21 KB, 382x593, Sartre_Nausea_1964.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nausea is about a guy who just can't catch a brake. It's a really good book, theres alot of themes explored in the book, like the modern condition, the impact of being force-fed existence and how plans never seem to work out.

The two lead characters Roquentin and the reader, really work well together, one suffers neurotically and psychotically, whilst the other suffers ironically.

I think its good to isolate the protagonist from his peers as the vacuum of the deuteragonist is filled by the reader's perspective, which add's a depth to the book

In conclusion, Nausia is about a guy whose down on his luck. I would reccommend it to any one whose single LOL!

>> No.2764726

I read this book called Confederacy of Dunces.

It is a good book because the main character was good. He is very clever but everyone else is stupid. It explores themes like the roles of intellectuals in society. I could relate to the main character a lot.

I didn't like the bits with his mom because she is a bitch.

>> No.2764737

WHARE ARE THE RABBITS, JOGE