[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 9 KB, 405x344, 1339615162845.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2732537 No.2732537 [Reply] [Original]

Dear /lit/, I've been trying to deal with a certain social/philosophical issue, and it's been bothering me for the past few weeks to the point where I'm feeling almost desperate.

I've arrived to the conclusion that it doesn't matter who's reasonable or not, or who is right or not.
The only thing that matters is who has the most power.

The most powerful will always rule, regardless of whether or not he/she is right or reasonable.
What is the point of educating us, if we're taught that education will make us reasonable and right?
Shouldn't we be educated to attain whatever it is that grants people power?

As it stands, being educated is, really, being the minority.
Why bother being the minority if the majority will always prevail?
Why do we bother educating people if they will not make a difference (since the ones that make the diff are the majority, who are uneducated)?

I have many more questions, /lit/, but... yeah.
>tl;dr Why are we educated if the uneducated and greedy are the ones who rule the world?

>> No.2732540

Knowledge is a good by itself.

Why are you so concerned with power?

>> No.2732542

>>2732537
Because in words we find our consolation. Because sometimes only dead writers are our true friends.And when we are powerless we need their words to at least understand our situation.

>> No.2732546

Because there's beauty in being the candle in the dark that refuses to go out, in the vain hope that future generations will be glad you carried the torch.

Keep hope alive, fgt. Maybe in 27,000 years when everyone is living in polis-esque naked communes, and we have a dialogue on ethics and politics so sophisticated it makes modern humans look like neanderthals, they'll look back and be glad someone was at least keeping the germ of potential alive in the species.

>> No.2732554

Define power. I'm guessing you mean democratic majority power, yes? Surely, freedom of education for the public will gradually lead wisdom to trickle down to the lowest parts of society, even if only by tiny increments at a time.

The uneducated and greedy don't rule by the way. The people who run politics are incredibly intelligent and well-educated for the most part. The majority then have to vote for them, but still.

>> No.2732564
File: 27 KB, 460x287, belus_1812307c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2732554
>The people who run politics are incredibly intelligent and well-educated for the most part.

Yeah, keep dreaming.

>> No.2732567

sounds like you had a run-in with reality

personally, i bother for the same reason people bother working out hours a day even though they'll inevitably lose the physique in coming years or bother hoarding more shekels than they'll ever have use for - because i enjoy it and find that it gives my existence some organizing principle if not actual meaning. if you can convince yourself that education and the depth of awareness it brings makes you in some substantive fashion a 'better' person than the non-educated, so much the better. i have a tough time with that point so i only keep learning because of an inner obsession with always knowing more and understanding better. i have no illusion or desire that the knowledge be of any use to anyone but myself, though i gladly share with anyone who shows interest.

>> No.2732584

>>2732554
The issue stems partially from the political situation I'm living in. I've been living in Mexico for the past 8 years.

There is a certain presidential candidate called Enrique Peña Nieto, who represents the right wing party 'PRI'. The PRI have had political dominance for 70 years straight, up until the year 2000.

There are tremendous amounts of evidence showing that Peña Nieto spreads lies and misinformation, and that he bribes people and institutions. His wife died 'mysteriously', and he's been accused of having murdered her, and even the FBI investigated him -- but nothing surfaced.

Aside from that, he's tremendously ignorant, being popular only due to his party's tremendous amount of wealth and pitch-perfect advertising.

>he has over 30% of the country's votes, currently, against 3 other candidates.

For the first time in the history of Mexico people have rallied and protested against a Candidate rather than a party, and it was against him. Most of the protestants were students, teachers, and other intellectuals.

But still, the people who vote for him are the poor and uneducated (fact), being a common justification that "I don't want to break the tradition" (in reference to the 70 years that PRI ruled Mexico for).

I'm sorry, but I greatly disagree with what you say, although I'd like to read more from you.

>> No.2732590

You do as much good as you can.
Then you die.
If you don't care about that, then it doesn't matter.

>> No.2732597
File: 1.88 MB, 256x192, UpxZV.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2732567
Does it really have to come down to this? I know exactly what you mean, and I love knowing and studying for the sake of studying and knowing themselves, but I can't simply ignore what the world throws at me.

I need to handle my life, and I don't know how to do it because I can't ignore the outside world, and the outside world is corrupted beyond belief.

I don't know if I should be myself and be miserable, or if I should give in and be 'successful'.

>> No.2732603

>>2732597
Op when I realized that I stopped studying philosophy and now I have a job in wall street. Think about it.

>> No.2732608
File: 211 KB, 1500x1026, alice.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are you happy, anon?
Are you satisfied?

>> No.2732611

>>2732608
To: >>2732603

I derped. Sorry.

>> No.2732612

>tl;dr why is my poor people country still being run by stupid barbarian banditos

not enough wealth

>> No.2732616

>>2732584
Things aren't necessarily like that in (no offence... lack of better words) higher developed/less corrupt/more enlightened countries. It's not only in Mexico. Clearly similar problems have been apparent in early democracies, Ancient Greece or Enlightenment Age France for example, but it's something that gradual cultivation has been able slowly turn around. I don't really know how to make a proper argument for this atm, but I'm pretty positive about this and there are plenty of studies out there that discuss we, humanity as a whole, have improved in various ways over the years, even if it has been a slow process. Freedom of education, freedom to say what you feel and not what you ought to say, and freedom to confront problems in society has been a big part of this change. Surely, it will happen in Mexico as well as it's happening the Middle East as we speak.

>> No.2732621

>>2732612
>>2732616
Doesn't have to be about Mexico exclusively.

We could also take a look at Activision, too, and the situation is very similar.

It doesn't matter that smart people don't buy their games. The uneducated majority will continue to buy Call of Duty 54 and Diablo III, and will continue to fuel a company that treats its customers like garbage, and that will bring the quality of jobs in the video game industry exponentially worse and more abusive.

What are [we] gamers supposed to do? Stop buying?
We've trying doing that, and it was not enough.

>> No.2732629

>I've arrived to the conclusion that it doesn't matter who's reasonable or not, or who is right or not. The only thing that matters is who has the most power.

that's almost correct. you don't really think that the one with the most power, whatever that means, truly rules right? we are all embedded in systems of dependency, which creates power in itself, and disperses power between numerous superimposed systems. there is no one single institution or individual that holds power and dictates everything.

>What is the point of educating us, if we're taught that education will make us reasonable and right?

because education, "reason", and "right" have all been appropriated by power as a means of further limiting what can be said as true or ethical. "education" is the means by which people become classified, disciplined, and maintained in our society, while at the same time society claims it is the path by which one frees oneself.

>Shouldn't we be educated to attain whatever it is that grants people power? Why do we bother educating people if they will not make a difference (since the ones that make the diff are the majority, who are uneducated)?

should we be? how can the power structure maintain itself with an educated populous? threats must be suppressed, and the multiplicity of systems in place, especially our "education" system, have gotten so efficient at directing our activity that it is difficult to know what are self-generated thoughts and desires, rather than expressions of a social libido playing themselves out in your body.

>> No.2732625

>>2732621
Err, make the quality*, not bring the quality.

>> No.2732634

>>2732608
No. But:
1) I'm less angry.
2) I'm 27 and I own my own apartment in ny
3) I have a job that doesn't care at what time I walk in in the mroning and walk out in the evening (I do work a lot though)
4) but I play hard too. And I can afford a lot of alcohol a lot of cocaine and I don't care about anything.

I still read and write. But with money everything is easier. You don't need anyone, you don't care about anyone. People are just objects when they don't suit me I change them.

Life is empty. But not any more empty than it was when I was in college screaming "you don't understand! everything is meaningless! read foucault!"

Unless now I don't worry about ever going to be hungry, discriminated or not being to be able to pay my healthcare.

>> No.2732635

>>2732634
Atleast*

>> No.2732636

>>2732621
The Cod series is an excellently produced and developed game. People who cry about rehashes are retarded. I guess the Uefa euro cup this year was like the 20th rehash too amirite? The Diablo series too, even if it is just a grindfest.

>a company that treats its customers like garbage
How? By giving them more games that they like to play?

I don't know what sort of analogous fantasy situation you are describing. You have probably spent too much time on /v/.

>What are [we] gamers supposed to do?
Keep buying good games?

>> No.2732638

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

>I don't know if I should be myself and be miserable, or if I should give in and be 'successful'.

How can you be miserable being yourself? Being miserable means not wanting to be your self, and not wanting to be your self means not being your self.

>> No.2732639

>>2732636
diablo sux

>> No.2732640

>>2732634
jesus christ this is edgy

>> No.2732641

>>2732638
Read Ecclesiastes.
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/7999/7999-h/book21.htm

>> No.2732649

Well it depends on the type of government in which the powerful reside. In a democratic country, the purpose of education would be to help to improve the country. If the powerful are uneducated or unreasonable, they either won't be elected, or they won't be reelected. Now, to me, you're looking at the distribution of power from the standpoint of a monarchy, in which education could be used to revolutionize the country, and establish a more democratic system, in which it's imperative that people are educated. All in all though, education is really a means of improving yourself, and from a collective standpoint, improving humanity.

>> No.2732650

>>2732621
Problem here then is a fundamental flaw in free market capitalism (customer catering), kinda the same tendencies that run a democracy. My point still stands though: I'm dead certain that the public will gradually become more cultivated (which doesn't necessarily mean smarter.. you can't really call it a linear progression or anything) and it'll affect the whole industry.

Comparing marketed products to state politics is kinda stupid though. Any idiot can enjoy Shadow of the Colossus, it's just a matter of being open-minded. Meanwhile, Zizek loves playing Call of Duty.

>> No.2732659

>>2732636

haha what a fag cod series wtf? videogames are for losers enjoy your autism hth cheers shout out to the lads

>> No.2732662
File: 258 KB, 1000x715, 11_the hunt begins.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2732650
>Comparing marketed products to state politics is kinda stupid though

I agree wholeheartedly -- but what I've been trying to focus on is the formula, and not the context, although I haven't had a proper way of wording it yet. Although I'm sure I'll be able to soon enough.

>>2732649
I'd love to believe that is true, but I haven't seen anything like it in recent years. I don't deny that such things have happened, of course -- but, really, how am I supposed to be perpetually motivated by events that took place hundreds of years ago? (If I could be, I would -- I just need a convincing argument to allow myself to believe in such events).

>> No.2732669

Stop posting satan

>> No.2732670

>>2732659
Don't mind him, he's just a fake who's riding on my coattails.

>> No.2732674

>>2732669
>>2732670
Are either of you the original D&E? When was the last time he posted here?

>> No.2732678

>>2732662
>but I haven't seen anything like it in recent years

That's because that shit takes ages, seriously. Maybe you should start worrying about something else instead, like getting out on the street and educating your peers, or consider why you think you can compare /v/'s opinion of the vidya industry to Mexican politics.

>> No.2732682

>>2732674
It's funny that you call yourself soedgy and yet you don't have even a modicum of edginess in you. The other D&E-s are just hacks, whereas I'm the genuine article, the real McCoy, the real thang.

>> No.2732693

>>2732682
>It's funny that you call yourself soedgy and yet you don't have even a modicum of edginess in you

Yeah I know, and I don't even try to be.

>> No.2732700
File: 146 KB, 297x425, anthony.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2732537
Achieving in a position of power in a world where everyone cuts corners involves being a sociopath. Only the people who want it bad enough are willing to do so. Therefore, only evil people ever get to power.

These are the ways of the world. This is how it has always been. It's not so much that power corrupts, it's that the corrupt get into positions of power.

Education in general has little to do with one or the other. Especially modern education holds zero moral implication. If you want a better world, act like you want people to act and hopefully inspire others to do the same. It's wondrous how much peace of mind you can acquire if you act authentically and in accordance to your conscience.

>> No.2732699

>>2732669

haha what a fag stop playing videogames youre bleeding out your ass shout out to the lads hth cheers

>> No.2732702

so how is it going with being a teenager and all?

>> No.2732706

Stop posting satan seriously. go to /mu/ or /fa/ and hang around there for like a month or two, maybe you will have leeched off real tripfags long enough to have a personality that makes posting worthwhile

>> No.2732711

You're implying power means you live happy.
You don't have to be top dog to smile. You learn about what you like doing, what you want to be good at, and you do so.
The end.

>> No.2732713

it IS funny that that clown deep&edgy thinks he has personality

>> No.2732720

>>2732706
Stop using my name, you scrofulous, bumptious summerfag. You've contributed nothing.
ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
"no thinking atheist would consider themselves fully atheistic, as atheism arises from a lack of evidence and evidence can always change a thinking person's mind"

>░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░
>░░░█▒▒░▄▄▀▀▀▀▄░▒░▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀▄░░░░
>░░█▒░▄▀░▒▒▒▒▒░▀▄▀░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░░░░░ NO ONE UNDERSTANDS
>░█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▀▄▒█░░░░ :D
>▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒█░░ MY GENIUS
>█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒░░░░░░░▒█
>█░▒▒▀▄▄▒░░░░░░▒▄▀▄▄░░░░░░▒█
>░█░▒▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▀
>░░█░▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▀▀████▀▀▄▀▒▒█
>░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀

>> No.2732725
File: 355 KB, 639x862, life.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2732711
> You learn about what you like doing, what you want to be good at, and you do so.
and >>2732700
>If you want a better world, act like you want people to act and hopefully inspire others to do the same.

I guess I'll just keep doing that, then.
Thanks for the replies, gents.

>> No.2732726

>>2732706
>maybe you will have leeched off real tripfags long enough to have a personality that makes posting worthwhile

oh the irony

>> No.2732730
File: 62 KB, 500x338, lelaughingfaceman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Stop responding.

>> No.2732731

>>2732726
I heartily concur. My thoughts exactly.

>> No.2732732

>>2732730
Stop existing, nihilist.
"no thinking atheist would consider themselves fully atheistic, as atheism arises from a lack of evidence and evidence can always change a thinking person's mind"

>> No.2732733

>>2732706

He's the worst and should be banned, but he has more personality than most people in here.

>> No.2732734

>>2732726
Its pathetic isn't it.

>> No.2732736
File: 46 KB, 487x386, 1334735383099.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2732725
oh god why am I feeling sad for a robot

>> No.2732740
File: 62 KB, 500x338, lelaughingfaceman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2732731
>>2732732
>>2732733
>>2732734

Stop responding.

>> No.2732744

>>2732736
Because you're incapable connect with people. You should seek help before you develop schizophrenia.

>> No.2732745

>>2732736
Because the author infers human emotion to a hunk of metallic joints and gears.

I-it can't actually be sad..

;_;

>> No.2732747

>>2732733
I agree. For a worthless piece of shit tripfag, he's still the most entertaining one.

>> No.2732750
File: 217 KB, 643x763, gross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2732740
B-but...
>...you're not the boss of anyone
:(

>> No.2732754

>>2732740

HAHAHAHAHA youre such a fucking loser. just because you samefag all day everyday does not mean everyone else does. my ego would not let me samefag you fucking reject bitch get a life im the greatest hth

>> No.2732755

>>2732747
Stop responding, don't try to respond to other people I've told to stop responding in order to keep responding to me but maintaining the guise that you are not responding to me, you are still responding. Stop responding.

>> No.2732757

>>2732740
Don't worry, D&E, if you just keep trying, you'll eventually be as respected here as Sunhawk

>> No.2732759

>>2732750
>>2732754
Do not respond to me.

>> No.2732761

>>2732755

AHHAHAHAHAHAAHAH HE'S FUCKING LOST IT CALL THE COPS DOUSE THIS FAGGOT HAHAHAHA

>> No.2732763

>>2732754
saying hth at the end of every post isn't interesting or clever. hope this helps

>> No.2732764

>>2732755
What the fuck are you blithering on about, newfag. I will respond to whoever I want, now fuck off.

>> No.2732766

>>2732725
Good luck to you. Also, that comic is the saddest thing I've seen today.

>> No.2732768

>>2732759
Why not?

>> No.2732775

>>2732757
>>2732761
>>2732763
>>2732764
>>2732768

Stop responding.

>> No.2732777

>>2732775
Why can't you stop responding?

>> No.2732778

>>2732775
give me a good reason, fuckshit

>> No.2732788
File: 49 KB, 443x295, 1340050717489.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Respondez s'il vous plait

>> No.2732785

>>2732777
>>2732778

Stop responding.

>> No.2732790

>>2732725

The story of my life.

>> No.2732798

>>2732785
your pathetic impotence gets me off D&E

just a few more posts and I'll ruin my keyboard

>> No.2732803

>>2732788
>>2732798
Stop responding.

>> No.2732813

>>2732755
>>2732759
>>2732775
>>2732785
>>2732788
Why did you have to usurp my name? Not only that, but you can't even do anything with it. You're like a retard who's been given a divine gift but can't use it, only yelling out ''Stop responding'' since you can't think of anything more elegant and complex.

>> No.2732816

>>2732803
keep on rollin with the punches, dude..

>> No.2732827

>>2732813
>>2732816
Stop responding.

>> No.2732837
File: 19 KB, 671x68, Picture 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

for posterity

and whenever D&E brings up good taste and/or "human flourishing"

>> No.2732840
File: 28 KB, 800x600, Blue hills.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this is awesome.

of all the people impersonating me impersonating anonymous you >>2732798 are most obvious. you wanna try to not sound like satan when playing satan not trying to come off as satan

>> No.2732857

>>2732837
>>2732840

Stop responding. Stop responding to other people or speaking generally in a context that refers to me in order to respond to me while maintaining the guise that you are not responding to me. Stop responding.

>> No.2732861

>>2732840
d&e is right about one thing, satan: you have no personality. it is impossible for someone to sound like you, as opposed to a generic, unfunny turd

>> No.2732868

>>2732857
how are the lads by the way?

>> No.2732874

>>2732861
>>2732861

ahahahaha finally some fans. i love this. tell me more.

>> No.2732880

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN HERE

>> No.2732882

>>2732880

broken bonds and period blood. Get in line.

>> No.2732886

>>2732880
idk. sorry about ur thread, op. wanna get back to discussing the topic?

>> No.2732893

>>2732880
Some faggots are busy being fuging faggots. Unlike me, they haven't contributed a single thing to this board. Just yesterday I started a thread discussing the importance of irony and themes war in the works of de Sade. It even reached the post limit.

>> No.2732897

Stop responding. Stop responding to other people or speaking generally in a context that refers to me or involves me principally in order to respond to me while maintaining the guise that you are not responding to me. Stop responding.

>> No.2732915

>>2732893

I don't think you can talk about making contributions when the majority your every post is a signature.

>> No.2732917

>>2732897
mebbe ppl wuld stop responding 2u if u stopped responding 2them. just a thing 2consider

>> No.2732920

>>2732915
You're just jealous of my cool signature. We have nothing more to discuss here. DOWN WITH PHILISTINES!!!!

>> No.2732922

I think i'm just going to refer to satan as stan from now on. it's faster to type, has more personality and he's a complete tryhard faggot like in the eminem song

>> No.2732926

don't worry, op. you'll understand when you're probably in your late 20s. maybe later. when you're in high school or early college you're just a naive faggot prattling on with the same bullshit all other kids think about. i mean look at your responses. who are you guys kidding? you're all idiots. i'm leaving.

>> No.2732935

>>2732926
Good Riddance, assburgerman.

>> No.2732943

>>2732922
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I..
got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window..
and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'll all be gray,
but your picture on my wall
It reminds me, that it's not so bad,

>> No.2732964
File: 7 KB, 184x274, Chrisbrown..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>This thread

>> No.2732967

>>2732922
Fuck off. You're for the real Deep&Edgy

>> No.2732969

>>2732943
Satan, you're such a massive faggot. Are you twelve or something?

>> No.2732973

>>2732922
>I think i'm just going to refer to satan as stan from now on. it's faster to type, has more personality and he's a complete tryhard faggot like in the eminem song

I think i'm just going to refer to Deep&Edgy as Eggy from now on. it's faster to type, has more personality and he's a complete pussy like in the humpty dumpty song

>> No.2732984

>>2732969

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
this from a faggot impersonating an even greater faggot

>> No.2732994

>>2732984
Don't be such a scrofulous little man, Santa. You know as well as I do that you have zero descernible talent.

>> No.2733008
File: 11 KB, 200x256, fs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

itt

>> No.2733015

>>2732994

>descernible

and those were song lyrics Harold
check out stan by eminem guest featuring Dido
its very catchy

My poetry and prose, on the other hand, are of the utmost Titan tier im so fucking awesome in everything i do its not even funny tbh
let me go on a complimentary rant about myself:
im 21
godlike facial features
ripped physique (on my 5th bottle of p6, it really works get on it)
large inheritance coming
140 IQ
not have to work a day in my life
general scumbag charming provocateur and potential philanthropist
soon to be law student
get girls on the regular
greatest tripfag in the universe
get on my fucking level

>> No.2733020

>>2733015

Oooo check me out i use steroids im such a fucking deuche

>> No.2733042

>>2733015
Oh dear, oh dear! You certainly are one shallow fellow, aren't you? And yes, I did err in spelling ''discernible'', and also knew that, being the vacuous person that you are, you would use it against me. Yes, the last resort of a cornered man. You're nothing more than a third-rate poster with a dragon dildo in your ass.

>> No.2733045

>>2733015
>not posting pics

hmmmm...

>> No.2733047

>>2733015

If all of this is true, good for you. On the other hand why would you have the need to brag about how awesome you are on an anonymouse imageboard? Why not just ignore the people flaming you going on like nothing happened and then go out and fuck those bitches you regularly meet and laugh at the other people here who are not as 'amazing' as you are?

>> No.2733048

>>2733015
you forgot Danish white nationalist

>> No.2733049

>>2732967
>>2732973
Stop responding

>> No.2733054

>>2733020
Its not an anabolic it just boosts testosterone.

>> No.2733062

>>2733048
Wait, he's Danish. ahhaha AHAHAAAHH

>> No.2733066

because i don't want power.

>> No.2733067

>>2733045

oh fuck theyre onto me now

>> No.2733073

>>2732537

>The only thing that matters is who has the most power.

Actually that doesn't matter either.

>The most powerful will always rule, regardless of whether or not he/she is right or reasonable.

Yes but they still suffer and wander around aimlessly through life

>> No.2733078

>>2733047
>>2733047

What do you mean?
I'm not on here too often, but I love the good times on here. You guys are my favorite.

>> No.2733079

>>2733067
d&e posted a pic of himself once, and he actually is ripped. doesn't make him any more interesting, ofc

>> No.2733082

>>2733073

Power is relative, and also pointless.

What humans consider powerful is weak compared to higher life-forms (Engineers).

Also what will you do with power? Remember the Justice League episode where Ultron became omnipotent and just flew around the entire universe and didn't know what-the-fuck-to do anymore??

He had maximum power and was still unsatisfied.

>> No.2733086

>>2733078
:-)

>> No.2733091

>>2733082
i think there's a later ep where we see him playing chess with some other guy who has god-like powers. or something. so he found something to do

>> No.2733106
File: 12 KB, 226x170, monk poop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2733091

ya but the point is power doesn't satisfy, its transient and relative

>> No.2733120

>>2733082
My sides

You look to cartoons to understand the nature of power

>> No.2733136

>>2733082
also it wasn't ultron (who is a marvel character), but amazo

>> No.2733152
File: 132 KB, 602x338, soredemobitchfarting.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tripfag circlejerk

Oh God /lit/ is a funny board. I think I'm gonna move here and bring you niggas the farts every night. Be grateful.

>> No.2733476
File: 109 KB, 648x486, ISupportThisPost.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2733073
>>2733082
That's good to know. Why do some people crave power then?
Is it really just the way they think they will achieve happiness?

>>2733120
You clearly underestimate the power of comic writers. :P

>>2732886
Sure. I think there's some decent content here, despite the wall of posts from people who've got nothing to contribute to the thread.