[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 5 KB, 274x210, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2730303 No.2730303 [Reply] [Original]

Would someone kindly explain this to me. It reads beautifully but what is the meaning?

>> No.2730307

you make it sound as if it has any meaning at all.

>> No.2730318

>>2730307

Oh, I see. Was hoping for a deep meaning to mirror its beauty

>> No.2730342

we are three-dimentional beings and our perception of the world, the universe and reality itself is bound to the third dimension. in order to see reality itself in all its glory and beauty we need to become fourth-dimentional, outside of time and place yet in them, so every moment in the universe is happening universally, and every place is the same place

>> No.2730346

ITS NOTHING

IT READS BEAUTIFULLY BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN CONDITIONED INTO THINKING IT IS BEAUTIFUL

NOTHING IS BEAUTIFUL

NOTHING IS UGLY

NOTHING

NOTHING

>> No.2730348

>>2730303
>It reads beautifully
isn't that enough? do you look for the deeper meaning of a sunset, op?

>> No.2730351

It can be better understood by relating it to another Blake quote: "If the doors of perception were cleansed, we would see everything as it really is: infinite."

Essentially, Blake is talking about expanded consciousness / perception - perceptions that is not bounded and limited by the senses, or by reason, or by the intellect.

>> No.2730355

its about being unemployed and "like,appreciating the small things in life listen to bob marley all we need is love im so fucking hungry someone kill me please"

>> No.2730371

>>2730303
The first thing you should realize is that it isn't a complete sentence. There's a predicate, but not a subject. Given that the way the fragment is structured, makes a reasonable guess that it is in response to a question. But the question is, what question? It seems likely it could be in response to the question: what is the meaning of life? and the person is answering: To see a world in a grain of sand... or in other words, to appreciate the beauty and power of the small stuff.

But honestly shig, it's not my thang.

>> No.2730376

It's about the enormous beauty there is to be found in the mundane

>> No.2730383
File: 15 KB, 237x240, 131923928191.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>My browser it is using Chrome,
>it's downloading more and more
>I forget the rest of this poem
>but your mother is a whore.

ABAB

>It reads beautifully

>> No.2730387

It could very well come from an ancient Eastern writing, meaning that when a certain level of consciousness is reached everything is the same, so the whole world can be seen without looking out the window.

>> No.2730396

I may just be being a pleb, but isn't it just about the power of imagination

>> No.2730411

Eat a shit load of mushrooms in silent meditation and you will understand quite succinctly what is meant here.

>> No.2730426

>>2730318
>Was hoping for a deep meaning to mirror its beauty
Don't worry about it:

>It is a test (a positive test, I do not assert that it is always valid negatively), that genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood.
T.S. Eliot said that.

>> No.2730439
File: 205 KB, 466x625, buddha.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2730303
Reminds me of this Buddha thing that's actually badass:

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

>> No.2730440

Sounds like the person who write poem was having a psychopathic power trip. Because he's projecting the world and heaven into objects that he could grasp and control, he views the whole world as something he could manipulate and toy with.

>> No.2730447

>>2730439
Sounds like penis envy to me. Because whoever wrote that hate those who possess what he did not, he's coping with his shortcomings and failings by belittling the very possessions that he desired. Classic example of cognitive dissonance right there.

>> No.2730552

>>2730447
did you hear that americans clap after they've finished reading a book??

>> No.2730557

>>2730447
>>2730440
you guys are so right. omg.

>> No.2730580

>>2730440
yeah, but if you read the rest of the poem you'll discover that he turns this around to say: "so don't fuck with the small things, because they ultimately point to the big things". So ultimately to be gentle with these things, not wantonly grasping and controlling as you say.