[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 49 KB, 459x600, the_thinker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2727628 No.2727628 [Reply] [Original]

Philosophy would do better nowadays to focus on the how rather than the what.

>> No.2727629

That's what we call science.

>> No.2727635

nigger you don't seem to know the slightest thing about philosophy.

>> No.2727643

There's an entire field dedicated to that. I mean, aside from >>2727629, if you mean in terms of society and the humanities, there's critical thought, psychology, psychiatry, sociology. Where the fuck have been, OP?

>> No.2727646

The scientist stood in his lab. He was very busy removing the pesky gamma branch from his benzene ring when an English major wanted to play.
"Do you believe life has any meaning" demanded the English student, he is desperate to be in the lab and philosophy is his only tool.

"Go away, I'm busy. Look kid, there probably isn't any meaning to anything" Replied the busy Scientist.

"ahha, you're a nihilist, you can't survive without philosophy, I caught you out" shrieked the English student, rubbing his hands together and drooling from the side of his mouth.

"I'm not doing philosophy" yawned the scientist. "I just analyze and interpret the evidence. Stop trying to label everything with redundant buzzwords"

"But you took a philosophical stance, I'm important too"

"No, I just lean towards whatever the data suggests. I don't actually subscribe to any theories, I just gather data to support or reject them. Look I really am busy, can you either identify whether those are aminos by their carboxyl group, or just leave"

The door hit the English student on his way out.

>> No.2727651
File: 39 KB, 329x483, All Things Shining.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2727629
No no. More like; how can we all live better together?
How do we solve these woes of ours?
So yeah -> >>2727643

>>2727635
I don't know much either of course.