[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 67 KB, 700x525, afghan trainwreck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2718316 No.2718316 [Reply] [Original]

Have you smoked weed to enchance your reading sessions? Why? Why not? Does it help or get worse in terms of concentration, understanding of the text, creativitiy of the mind, etc?

>> No.2718319

reading while anything but sober would be horrible, maybe listening to an audiobook...

>> No.2718327
File: 17 KB, 259x362, Hermann+Hesse+hesserauchend.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

fuckyeah.jpeg

>> No.2718332

weed turns off my interpreting brain, in exchange for an enhancement of sensory stimuli. i'm more of a video game person when on it.

>> No.2718337

I can get high or drink while reading, but only during the day when I'm more alert and receptive.

If I do it before I sleep, I tend to forget much of what I read upon waking up, and it feels like a waste.

I wouldn't say it "enhances" it anyway, at least for me personally. These day's it's just a way to relax.

>> No.2718350

I've read the first page of Ulysses while being stoned out of my mind. Didn't really work that well. I ended up laughing hysterically. Music (and movies) is better media when high.

>> No.2718357

read finnegans wake on acid once

it made just about as much sense as it did when i was sober

>> No.2718372

nope

I need all my brain sober to read well

Is good to get high for parties and some kinds of movies (and some musics), and sometimes for sex, but not to read

(my english is bad, sorry)

>> No.2718387

I struggle to read when baked, but can play instruments better and listen to music in more depth.

>> No.2718423

OP here, what about _writing_ when baked? While I agree on the most replies about reading, I surely recommend writing some paragraphs when in euphoria.

>> No.2718437

>>2718423

I aforementioned being terrible at reading while baked, but writing is something else. I don't think I could write while sober.

>> No.2718435

>>2718423

Writing while baked tends to produce sprawling paragraphs of what seems like incredibly profound and emotional writing but is in fact poorly-spelled and inane drivel.

>> No.2718439

>>2718423
it turns out just as good as any other creative venture while you're high: you think it's the greatest shit you've ever done until you sober up

>> No.2718460

Weed's good for when you're making notes, but when you actually try to write in a sustained fashion, it's best to knock it on the head - you forget where the paragraph was going before you get to the end.

>> No.2718496

>>2718460
this exactly. I come up with a million different ideas every time I smoke, and about 25% of them are actually good. I take note of them, then I leave the writing for when I'm sober.