[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 25 KB, 400x400, photo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2673443 No.2673443 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /lit/ thoughts/opinions/rants on this book?

>> No.2673449

Never read it, but it's glorified fan fiction so it's probably fucking awful.

>> No.2673493

But you can't just assume something's awful then never read it before you trash it. You have to give it a chance to do its hip hop dance.

>> No.2673516

I have a friend who reads non-shitty books, and he said that one was actually quite fun and enjoyable. Not great in a literary sense, but still a light, fun read.

>> No.2674943

>>2673443
I read it. Non-American here btw.
It's horrible. At beast a below mediocre alt history novel. The only appeal it could have is the America Fuck Yeah! factor with honest Abe and all. Of course not being American that was totally lost on me.

>> No.2677353

>>2673443
It's not funny. It was amusing because it did seem to tie-in with historical events.

When best to read it? When bored. Or trying to sleep.

>> No.2677359

I HATE THIS SHIT

>> No.2677373

They've made a movie! I can't wait! I have to admit, I like it for the novelty of it's silliness and the fact that Lincoln was a crazy motherfucker.
It's like a metal album cover- naked chicks with axes riding tigers, priests punching demons. Actually, I'm going to go draw a picture of a business man punching a dragon, right now. Maybe he'll have a suitcase, maybe he won't. all I know is that I've downloaded the book and I'm gonna watch the movie.

>> No.2677380

>>2677373
here's a link for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBqn8RYIHCU&feature=relmfu