[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 197 KB, 859x625, untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2618074 No.2618074 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /lit/

i need ur help. i decided to digitalize many of my books and sell them cause im constantly changing my residence. Thing is i'd like to read them as easy as possible in my laptop and be able to make notes, underline etc.

Whats a good program for that? like an image viewer that EASILY allows to edit the images while viewing them.

Im currently using Faststone but the editing requires opening a new window etc and thats fucking annoying.

Got any ideas? Any help is much appreciated.

>inb4 kindle

>> No.2618201

>cause im constantly changing my residence

How fucking often do you move that it's such an inconvenience? Just keep your books in a box if you're going to move the next week.

>Reading on your laptop
OH man. I can't understand why people inconvenience themselves in such retarded ways. It's worse than reading on your cell phone.

>> No.2618234
File: 470 KB, 1472x2150, PTDC0016.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2618201
lol yeah i see ur point there.

and well, im moving almost every year and im living in cheap small places. moving the books is really a bitch cause i've no money to pay a car.

and two, reading shit on a decent screen is ok. u aint gonna tell me reading pic related is hard right? unless ure on a notebook or something like that.

also, bump for help! please

>> No.2618350

ABBYY finereader is the best program around right now for scanning books.

I have begin cutting up my books and scanning them. Or, if someone has already done it for me, i just give my books away. I have given most of my library away by now.

>> No.2618531

>>2618350
yeah ive tried ABBY reader. quite nice but i dont really want just the text itself, but the image of the text to "write" on it.

recommended if people have not tried it.

finereader.abbyy.com/