[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 356 KB, 462x461, jack3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2579103 No.2579103 [Reply] [Original]

>The black-headed peoples I ruled, I governed; mighty mountains with axes of bronze I destroyed. I ascended the upper mountains; I burst through the lower mountains. The country of the sea I besieged three times; Dilmun I captured. Unto the great Dur-ilu I went up, I ... I altered ... Whatsoever king shall be exalted after me, ... Let him rule, let him govern the black-headed peoples; mighty mountains with axes of bronze let him destroy; let him ascend the upper mountains, let him break through the lower mountains; the country of the sea let him besiege three times; Dilmun let him capture; To great Dur-ilu let him go up

>> No.2579111
File: 47 KB, 282x350, seancon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>His queen, his harem, Prince Ushankhuru his heir, and the rest of his sons and daughters, his property and his goods, his horses, his cattle, his sheep in countless numbers, I carried off to Assyria. The root of Kush I tore up out of Egypt.

>> No.2579115
File: 53 KB, 167x160, hmm yes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>By what reflections did he, a conscious reactor against the void incertitude, justify to himself his sentiments?

>The preordained frangibility of the hymen, the presupposed intangibility of the thing in itself: the incongruity and disproportion between the selfprolonging tension of the thing proposed to be done and the self abbreviating relaxation of the thing done: the fallaciously inferred debility of the female, the muscularity of the male: the variations of ethical codes: the natural grammatical transition by inversion involving no alteration of sense of an aorist preterite proposition (parsed as masculine subject, monosyllabic onomatopoeic transitive verb with direct feminine object) from the active voice into its correlative aorist preterite proposition (parsed as feminine subject, auxiliary verb and quasimonosyllabic onomatopoeic past participle with complementary masculine agent) in the passive voice: the continued product of seminators by generation: the continual production of semen by distillation: the futility of triumph or protest or vindication: the inanity of extolled virtue: the lethargy of nescient matter: the apathy of the stars.

>> No.2579116
File: 26 KB, 200x211, peewee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Woe to Libyans, they have ceased to live
In the good manner of roaming the field;
In a single day their stride was halted
In a single year were the Tjehenu burned!

>> No.2579124
File: 19 KB, 186x251, camcocks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Because Hezekiah, king of Judah, would not submit to my yoke, I came up against him, and by force of arms and by the might of my power I took 46 of his strong fenced cities; and of the smaller towns which were scattered about, I took and plundered a countless number. From these places I took and carried off 200,156 persons, old and young, male and female, together with horses and mules, asses and camels, oxen and sheep, a countless multitude; and Hezekiah himself I shut up in Jerusalem, his capital city, like a bird in a cage, building towers round the city to hem him in, and raising banks of earth against the gates, so as to prevent escape... Then upon Hezekiah there fell the fear of the power of my arms, and he sent out to me the chiefs and the elders of Jerusalem with 30 talents of gold and 800 talents of silver, and diverse treasures, a rich and immense booty... All these things were brought to me at Nineveh, the seat of my government

>> No.2579138
File: 12 KB, 120x169, David Petraeus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>In the twenty-fourth year of my reign, I crossed over the Lower Zab River. I advanced through the land of Hashimur; I descended to the land of Namri. Ianzû, king of Namri, was frightened before my mighty weapons, and he went up into the mountains to save his life. I captured Sihishalah, Bît-tamul, Bît-sakki, Bît-shedi, his fortified cities. I slew his warriors; I carried off his spoil. I destroyed, devastated, and burned his cities with fire. The rest of them went up into the mountains. I stormed and captured the mountain peak; I slew their warriors. I brought down their booty and goods. I departed from Namri. I received the gifts of 27 kings of the land of Parsua. I departed from Parsua. I descended to the lands of Messi and the Medes, the lands of Araziash and Harhâr. I captured the cities of Kuakinda, Tarzanabi, Esamul, Kinablila, together with the towns of their regions. I slew their warriors; I carried off their spoil. I destroyed, devastated, and burned their cities with fire. I set up my royal image in the land of Harhâr. I carried off and brought to Assyria Ianzû, son of Haban, together with his great wealth, his gods, his sons, his daughters, and his many soldiers.

>> No.2579143
File: 11 KB, 120x169, David Petraeus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In the twenty-ninth year of my reign, I dispatched and sent troops and camp against Kirhi. I destroyed, devastated, and burned with fire their cities. I overwhlemed their lands like a flood. I poured out awe-inspiring terror over them.

>> No.2579145
File: 21 KB, 250x121, davidpet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I poured out awe-inspiring terror over them. He marched against the cities of the Parsuans. I captured Bushtu, Shalahamanu, Kinihamanu, fortified cities, together with 23 towns of their region. I slew their warriors; I carried off their booty. I descended against the land of Manri. The awe-inspiring terror of Assur and Marduk overwhelmed them. They deserted their cities. They went up into the wild mountains. I destroyed, devasted, and burned with fire 250 of their cities. I descended through the passes of Simesi at the head of the land of Halman.

>> No.2579154
File: 81 KB, 460x335, Mens-night-Hawaiian.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>The warriors of Hirimme, wicked enemies, I cut down with the sword. No one escaped. Their corpses I hung on stakes, surrounding the city with them. That district I reorganized: one ox, ten lambs, ten homers of wine, twenty homers of dates, its choicest, for the gods of Assyria, my lords, I established for all time.

>> No.2579159
File: 67 KB, 170x170, fyeah.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am powerful, I am powerful.
I am a hero, I am gigantic, I am colossal,
I am honored, I am magnified,
I am without an equal among all kings,

>Esharaddon confirmed for Assperger's