[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 16 KB, 300x300, gaaaaaaaaaaay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2561490 No.2561490 [Reply] [Original]

Does anyone know any good books and/or "scholarly" articles I can find on sex trafficking, prostitution, and that sort of thing? I tried an Amazon search but it wasn't very conclusive.

Thanks

>> No.2561502

caused by the fucking kikes.

>> No.2561505

JSTOR or Google Scholar

>> No.2561511

Why is prostitution illegal?

>> No.2561534

You should know better than to ask /lit/ about anything other than "books about dragons" or "books to carry to impress people."

>> No.2561539

I don't know and I want to find out more on the topic, thus want books/articles on the topic.

>> No.2561570

If you go to university/college most offer a 'sexuality and politics' or 'sexuality' courses that you can enrol in that provide you with material. Or talk to the profs about where you can track down some material.

Much of that material is available on jstor i believe

>> No.2561594

Think you'll have to pick up a real hooker to "study" instead.

>> No.2561595

I haven't read anything by him but I've heard William T. Vollman's stuff deals with a lot of whores, think he's addicted to 'em or something.

>> No.2561628

Sex Slaves - the trafficking of women in Asia by Louise Brown

I bought the book in a charity shop, haven't read it though

>> No.2561641

I would only buy a book of this kind if it offered a well researched background on the matter with alot of examples and articles, and as well as function as a guide for vice and pleasure seeking.

Imagine, after reading a somewhat soapy story about several types of prostitutes in an area what would follow would be tips, on how to get a cheap and clean girl and what type of things to avoid and so on.

>> No.2561787

These "scholarly" works never turn out to be very good.

The first line from a textbook I'm using in a human sexuality class:
>"When I first started having sex with other people, I used to like to count them."
It doesn't get better.

>> No.2562208

Genuinely thought about that. Except only the ones in amsterdam.

>> No.2562230

>>2561511
because if it wasn't all women would be prostitutes

>> No.2562264

>>2561490
I have a copy of a book called Sabotage In the American Workplace, which documents measures taken by workers against what they deem exploitative workplaces (co-released by Pressure Drop Press and AK Press, Martin Sprouse, ed. 1992.) There is a chapter devoted to sex workers, only three interviews, though. hope that helps.

there was some long-form news articles I read a while back, too (when I still read the paper, lol):
http://clatl.com/atlanta/safe-house/Content?oid=1272310

http://clatl.com/atlanta/learning-to-hit-a-lick/Content?oid=1246541

>> No.2563022

you guys are swell, thanks a bunch.

>> No.2563035

http://www.amazon.com/Sex-Margins-Migration-Markets-Industry/dp/1842778609
>This groundbreaking book explodes several myths: that selling sex is completely different from any other kind of work, that migrants who sell sex are passive victims and that the multitude of people out to save them are without self-interest. Laura Agustin makes a passionate case against these stereotypes, arguing that the label 'trafficked' does not accurately describe migrants' lives and that the 'rescue industry' serves to disempower them. Based on extensive research amongst both migrants who sell sex and social helpers, "Sex at the Margins" provides a radically different analysis. Frequently, says Agustin, migrants make rational choices to travel and work in the sex industry, and although they are treated like a marginalised group they form part of the dynamic global economy. Both powerful and controversial, this book is essential reading for all those who want to understand the increasingly important relationship between sex markets, migration and the desire for social justice.

>> No.2563040

Son, there can be only one Valérie Tasso in this world, and she is the answer.

>> No.2563050

use a database at your local university

>> No.2563060
File: 45 KB, 500x500, 718HCMYYX7L._SS500_.gif.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's not scholarly but this was a good read.