[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 218 KB, 1000x1415, dlfndlfnbldsf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2554480 No.2554480 [Reply] [Original]

Do people generally like postmodern 'novels', where a lot of the chapters are unrelated, and only some are related to each other? I mean, something like The Pale King, or...I dunno, a short story collection with weak links between the stories. Is this commerical? Do people like it?

>> No.2554493

ARE YOU POSTING FROM THE YEAR NINETEEN SIXTYSIX?

>> No.2554497

Sunhawk yall. Sunhawk. I'm posting in a Sunhawk thrad everybody.

>> No.2554500

The only thing I have read which seems similar to what you are describing is the Machine of Death. While it is an interesting idea, the need for repedetive explanation in ever short story made it a little meh.

PS, what is that pic from, anything in particular?

>> No.2554508

>Do people like it
Yes, the informers sold well (Personally I dislike BEE) and that pretty much does that, although it's sold as a short story collection.
>is it commercial.
Only if you are a big name.

Personally just go with what you wish to write, write it and then test the market. Writing for the market is shameful, I'm ashamed of you Sunhawk.

>> No.2554522

>>2554508

Who said I wrote the market?

And that pic is some stupid anime, although that's redundant. Haven't seen it, like the picture a lot though. The condom in her mouth was good.

>> No.2554528

>>2554522
stfu, that anime rules.