[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 215 KB, 800x569, the two watsons.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2532637 No.2532637 [Reply] [Original]

I just started The Return of Sherlock Holmes today, having not read any of the Holmes stories in about two years. I forgot how awesome Sherlock Holmes is, though I am wondering if this will be as good as The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. What's lit's favorite Holmes book or story?

>> No.2532682

Yeah, Sherlock is pretty awesome. I got the complete collection hardback on my shelf I haven't finished, you are giving me the itch to take it down and read a few stories.

>> No.2532691

>>2532637
To be honest I still give Watson a slightly incompetent tone to his voice when I read him. It's a hold over from the stupid Watson that is often portrayed in media.

>> No.2532706

>>2532682
I only started on Holmes again because the main book I'm reading isn't on Kindle and I can't bring a book to work anymore--I just read using the Kindle on my phone. But now I'm having a hard time not just reading Holmes and forgetting the other book.