[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 63 KB, 800x372, book_top_under-dust-jacket_small.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2519002 No.2519002 [Reply] [Original]

All right, /lit/huanians. A quick question:
What do you do with your dust jackets?

Those things are impractical and fragile as shit,
but they are oh so beautiful.

>> No.2519004

i take them off when i'm reading a book...put them on when i'm not

>> No.2519011
File: 50 KB, 468x421, noel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2519004
>this.
But I hardly buy hardbacks because fuck them.

>> No.2519015
File: 16 KB, 350x263, shit..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2519002
i read ebooks.
And when not i might don't give a shit.
Or rather give them shit when i end up on the toilet without toiletpaper.

>> No.2519029

>>2519004
Me too, which is quite stupid considering I manage to scratch or mess up the cover anyway. Why would they make them so beautiful when their purpose is to be defiled?

>> No.2519057

>>2519029
idk i just buy books used mostly anyway..i enjoy them for their flaws..im the same way in romance..my biggest ''turn on'' i think is crossed eyes...sadly i have only met one girl with beautiful cross eyes and she was too insecure to believe me when i professed how beautiful i thought she was..she just kept saying she knew that i didn't really feel that way..she never has boyfriends..idk that was years ago...
/rememberance of things past

>> No.2519075

I remove them and put them in a drawer where they won't get damaged. I hate dust jackets but I'd rather not throw them away so that 200 years from now the books will sell for 75 cents instead of 60 cents at my great great great great great grandchild's garage sale.

>> No.2519131

I throw them away and carry my books everywhere and get wine and olive oil and coffee stains and such on them and scratch them until they are big smelly pieces of shit that I love even more than before and reminisce on the story behind particular stains. I have a collection of Rimbaud poems that reminds me of southern France because it is stained with olive brine because I was eating olives while I read it and drinking pastis and enjoying a glorious holiday.

I have a copy of Factotum with rumpled pages and smeared ink because I carried it with me in the rain.

I didn't dare to take my copy of Thus Spoke Zarathustra on the plane because my ex used to do lines of coke of it.

Books should get fucked up and live a little.

>> No.2519463

>>2519131
Brool Story Co.