[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 36 KB, 566x425, 1297545743970.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2511928 No.2511928 [Reply] [Original]

hey /lit/, were you those people that used to walk the hallways in middle/high school with a book in your hands?

Just wondering, because I used to be that kid. I used to love reading but somehow, I lost it as a passion. I can't be asked to read anymore.

>> No.2511929

>>2511928
and by book in your hands, I meant, it being opened and you reading it while simultaneously walking.

>> No.2511930

What did you read in high school?

>> No.2511931

Yep, that was me, except that I still love reading.

>> No.2511933

not exactly that, but very similar

still love reading though

>> No.2511935

Nawh, I was the kid who spent lunch hour in the bathrooms alone because I didn't have friends.

>> No.2511966

>>2511930
adult fiction, fantasy...what I'm assuming most preteens read during middle school.

>> No.2512554

Yes, I was.
Still love reading, but I feel that I could read more... Now internet takes too much of my time, shame on me.
I read like book per week now, and in middle school it was like 3-4 books per week.

>> No.2512571

not really. i got distracted from reading when i reached high school. i would only play video games in my spare time. i was still quite unpopular but my breaks were spent usually in the library on the computers, doing homework or wandering around the school and playground with my own thoughts and imagination. i think i lost interest because i was always encouraged to read fantasy which i wasn't that enthusiastic for - lotr bored me to tears. it wasn't until after i left school that i discovered the american staple writings - Twain, Hemingway, Kerouac etc and fell back in love.

>> No.2512596

Highschool breaks are for lekking behaviour. Early mornings and late nights are for reading.

>> No.2512597

>>2511928
>>2511929

You best be reading some hardcore nonficton with a specific purpose, otherwise you're no better than a kid who can't put down his gameboy.

>> No.2512610
File: 34 KB, 402x602, can05.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yeah, that was me
I used to read in class all the time
Even though my taste was pretty plebeian, I still got complements (Ernest Hemingway, Haruki Murakami, J.D Salinger, etc)
I even got complements from my english teacher for reading such challenging books (He said he'd never finished anything by pynchon when he saw me reading crying of lot 49)
I remember insulting all the kids who read harry potter, and towards the end of high school, twilight as well
In fact, I got warnings for "bullying" for criticizing other peoples taste in literature, film and music