[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 11 KB, 192x290, louis_althusser.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2480061 No.2480061 [Reply] [Original]

/lit/'s opinions on Louis Althusser?

>> No.2480063

my opinion is that you just found out about him in class today. :)

>> No.2480068
File: 18 KB, 398x343, rim.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

he's very good at getting a handle on Captial.

as well as his wife's neck

>> No.2480070

When researching the 'epistemological rupture' he really should have been aware of Stirner's importance for that whole business, especially as it had been pointed out by his fellow Feuerbach-scholar Henri Arvon.

>> No.2480083

He's outdated now that the service economy is so large in the west. Also, I'm not sure how revisionism stands with purist Marxism, whether the original theory should be the 'be all and end all' of Marxist thought and whether subsequent revision can really be said to be Marxist, but this sort of thing makes me feel slightly like his project was really dubious.

>> No.2480087

>>2480083
You do know that Marx said that he was not a Marxist because what people called Marxism deviated from his own ideas even while he was alive, right?

>> No.2480092

thought he was really deep and edgy. then realised he was like talcott parsons sans the "economic determination in the last instance" part.

he killed his bitch wife, which is pretty funny

>> No.2480103

>>2480087
Well, my point exactly, I suppose; there are a lot of issues surrounding how far you deviate from Marxist doctrine or even Marx's doctrine, and whether that deviation constitutes a positive change in theoretical direction or simply a departure from the theoretical grounding to something altogether different.

>> No.2480108

>>2480103

Tripfags can't be Marxists, they're far to concious of cultural capital.