[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 24 KB, 450x399, demotivational-posters-maturity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2453180 No.2453180 [Reply] [Original]

What does it mean to be a mature adult?

>> No.2453183

mom's don't know shit beyond the utter basics and repeating what other people told them.

that's because they are women, and have brains 20% smaller then men.

>> No.2453191

Caring about others and having responsibilities

>> No.2453194

To have, and fulfil, responsibilities having lived for eighteen years.

>> No.2453196

Thought about commenting on the absurdity of that image, like the other damaged neckbearded social outcasts with terrible parents but I've decided not to.

>> No.2453212

>>2453180
I am a responsible adult. When I come home drunk as fuck, I still manage to make a meal before I go to bed so my little bro could have breakfast the next day before going to school.

I would still drive him to his friends house even when I'm high. But slowly so I wont get into an accident or die.

>> No.2453215
File: 19 KB, 385x383, Purebabby.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2453212

>When I come home drunk as fuck
>I am a responsible adult

>> No.2453223

more productive
comfortable
not drinking too much
regular exercise at the gym (3 days a week)
getting on better with your associate employee contemporaries
at ease
eating well (no more microwave dinners and saturated fats)
a patient better driver
a safer car (baby smiling in back seat)
sleeping well (no bad dreams)
no paranoia
careful to all animals (never washing spiders down the plughole)
keep in contact with old friends (enjoy a drink now and then)
will frequently check credit at (moral) bank (hole in wall)
favours for favours
fond but not in love
charity standing orders
on sundays ring road supermarket
(no killing moths or putting boiling water on the ants)
car wash (also on sundays)
no longer afraid of the dark
or midday shadows
nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate
nothing so childish
at a better pace
slower and more calculated
no chance of escape
now self-employed
concerned (but powerless)
an empowered and informed member of society (pragmatism not idealism)
will not cry in public
less chance of illness
tires that grip in the wet (shot of baby strapped in back seat)
a good memory
still cries at a good film
still kisses with saliva
no longer empty and frantic
like a cat
tied to a stick
that's driven into
frozen winter shit (the ability to laugh at weakness)
calm
fitter, healthier and more productive
a pig
in a cage
on antibiotics

>> No.2453233
File: 13 KB, 410x284, 1287883300480.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2453223

>I know what I'll do! I'll quote Radiohead!

>> No.2453242

To know selflessness and when not to be.

>> No.2453245

when you know life is far too complicated and circumstantial to participate in 97.43% of the threads on 4chan.

>> No.2453301

To be a mature adult would be to be more than a mass of humanity in civilized societies!

What the children think of "maturity" and "adulthood", and by children we may regard the mass of humanity of all ages, is a machinic image instantiated by historical modes of production that need functioning mammialian vivi-systems to reproduce.

When you see the image of the responsible father (mammalian energy vampire), you're seeing the projection of a vast configuration of machinic vampires that purpose without "reason" and act without "logic".

>>2453223

is actually a damn good satire of this machinic image.

>> No.2453305
File: 1.23 MB, 929x1218, Francis E. Dec.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2453301
>mammalian energy vampire
As soon as I read this I thought of Fransic E Dec.

>> No.2453306

>>2453183
wow, it's too bad your mom is so shitty. Mine is really smart and helpful.

>> No.2453309

“Maturity, the way I understand it,” he told me, “is knowing what your limitations are.”

- Cats Cradle

>> No.2453313

>>2453305

Well we are energy vampires lol! But most of us have the innocence due to the efficiency of the tools that blessedly conform to the needs of our drives. But skull shit system hits pavement when the health of larger machinic systems are unknown!

Beasts might find themselves with bad tools and therein unpleasant dreams rumbling stomachs.

>> No.2453331

>>2453305
>mammalian energy vampire

Wait what? Energy vampire? Elaborate

>> No.2453339

read what is enlightenment by kant

>> No.2453343

>>2453331

We require energy sources to survive and thrive LOL. We prey on surplus material resources. We even dream of devouring the energy of the sun, of the galaxy, the universe!

>> No.2453345

>>2453331
That's the point - I don't know what the heck the other anon was talking about. I did find this though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_vampire

>> No.2453348

>>2453343

But as is par for most westerners, the falsification of the entire world is a GIVEN in their mental models of the "world of facts".

"That all energy, all matter is a given!"

>> No.2453351

>>2453345
Thats the kind of vamps i encounter in my diluted half psychosis. The more ignorant and stuck up a person are, the more of a vamp he is. Guard your energy, its to precious to be sucked by these fuckwit vamps

>> No.2453365

>>2453351
Anon, I think you might be schizophrenic.

>> No.2453366

pay taxes and be a consumer

>> No.2453372

>>2453365
IF i am schizophrenic how come there are thousands of other people who share my view on this and acknowledge it as a part of reality?

>> No.2453373

>>2453372
Scizophrenia is more common than you think.

>> No.2453379

>>2453372
Did you hear about these people via the Lifelong Gangster Computer God Frankenstein Brainwash Radio by any chance?

>> No.2453380

When you get your girlfriend who you have been seeing for a month pregnant and she decides to keep it and after two months of drug addiction you go cold turkey, give up the drugs and lose all sense of identity and never crack a joke or overly angry again.

>> No.2453397

>>2453373
The difference between me and Christians is that i can prove that psychic vampires are real. In fact, i am so attuned to my senses that i can actually pick up the mood and vibes from people i am chatting with online. All i need to do is get my doctor science degree so that people will believe me. Because people only believe what authority and experts says.

>>2453379
brpfggggggggggpf

>> No.2454144

To me it means absolutely nothing. It is basically just an intimidation tactic to make you fall in line, contribute to society, accept your circumstances and not grumble about it, lest you be labeled as "selfish". I have no desire to qualify as a mature adult, so I can sit at the "cool table." I have no qualms about being self-centered because I feel like I'm the only one I can afford to care about, especially in my current circumstances. I'm not devoid of morality but I don't accept society's influence on my value system. I'm not a punch-card robot, I can form my own opinions about what is right and what is wrong.

>> No.2454165

I'm surprised this board could fuck up such an easy response as "generally be responsible, emotionally stable, and shift from relying on others to having them rely on you." It really doesn't need to be more complicated than that.