[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 14 KB, 231x350, FlowMyTearsThePolicemanSaid(1stEd).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2417000 No.2417000 [Reply] [Original]

Wtf did I just read
It was a realy good book,but the ending sort of ruined it for me.Maybe I just never understood it.

What actually happened to Taverner' when he had that creature thing thrown at him,why did he end up waking up in a shitty motel and no one knowing who he was.
was this all to do with alys taking that drug ?
How does her taking a drug effect every one else view on Taverner ??

Also what was with the ending where buckman starts hugging the black man.Was that just written in to show how he really did have feelings for his sister/lover ?

WHy did they have to state that he was a black man.
Know they where rare race in this book,but why did it have to be a black man,did this symbolize something that I missed ??

>also just wondering how long (hours)did it take you guys to read this book ?

>> No.2417007

read it in a day.
best science fiction author on ANY planet.

>> No.2417015

>>2417007

more like "most entry level"

>> No.2417040

>>2417007
I took me like 8 hours
>>2417015
what ?

also tell me wtf did I miss,if anything.How did he lose his id,how come no one new him again until alys died.

His books always fuck my head up,there good until it comes to the end and them am like "wtf did I just read"
Not that that's a bad thing like.

>> No.2417045

>>2417007

b-but that's Stanislaw Lem

>> No.2417052

I've read it, but learn how to spoiler tag, asshole.

>> No.2417057

>>2417045
I like Lem. I'd like Lem more if he'd doped up on amphetamines and became mad paranoid. And on that note:
>Lem singled out only one American SF writer for praise, Philip K. Dick—see the 1986 English-language anthology of his critical essays, Microworlds. Dick, however, considered Lem to be a composite committee operating on orders of the Communist party to gain control over public opinion, and wrote a letter to the FBI to that effect.

>> No.2417063

learn to use spoiler tags, asshole

saged, reported, hidden

>> No.2417085

Dick just ripped off a lot of what came before him and mixed it up with speed. Nothing too great.

>> No.2417113

>>2417052
His whole topic is a spoiler that's why he wrote it in the subject filed dumb ass .