[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.09 MB, 1080x810, finally-own-the-whole-solar-cycle-v0-wjigoky58h091.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23506524 No.23506524 [Reply] [Original]

Pic unrelated as i read it online but still. It took me almost half a year and i have not re-read anything but some chapters here and there.
I appreciate the prose and the philosophical insights more than anything. Sometimes feels like Wolfe makes things up as he writes the story and uses it as an excuse to express himself through Severian and his moral issues. The second and third series feel even more like an spiritual excercise than an actual scifi saga for the author, particularly Short Sun, which feels almost autobiographical at times. If you have read it you know what i'm talking about.
Anyone wanna talk about it?
Spoiler
I have a Short Sun theory but i can't back it up entirely and i probably missed the point but i think Hyacinth was an inhuma and that Silk died trying to get her to feed off himself and was not an actual suicide but more like a sacrifice he made out of love and still didn't work out.
End of Spoiler