[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 3.73 MB, 406x640, 1655688304060.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23291872 No.23291872 [Reply] [Original]

I had a dream the other day in which I read a book which seemed to be a noir detective story, involving several murders, set in the 1940s or 1950s, in an alternate history in which Britain underwent a Communist revolution after World War I. The action took place in London. The protagonist's surname was Brown. The only concrete detail I remember is that at one point a character quotes a statement made by "State Councillor Bertrand Russell."

Did I hallucinate this? Or is this a real book of which I have forgotten the title? If it's real I want to read it.

General "books you have read in dreams, which may or may not exist" thread.

>> No.23291895

>>23291872
in my dream I read a liggoti story with a group. we all sitting in those metal foldable chairs, encircle, staring at each other. no one or title indicate it was a liggoti story, it was something out of pure instinct. it was in a big hardcover, like something you see in middle school English class. it had illustrations that were prominently red. as I flipped though the pages, I found a drawling of windows, windows with faces inside. they were of the group sitting with me. I looked up and only saw empty chairs. I was alone in that room.

I was visiting my grandparents when I had that dream. house is little weird. had most of my nightmares and outlandish dreams there.

>> No.23291898

No more joint puffs after 20:00, Nigel.