[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 543 KB, 1359x1500, __hakurei_reimu_touhou_drawn_by_itomugi_kun__75a9772f3cd36c8919cde81fac78522d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23247744 No.23247744 [Reply] [Original]

I'm receptive to reading the Bible. And I want to get a physical one. And rather than buying one I heard some places will mail one to you for free. What's the best free Bible? I never read one before.

>> No.23247793

>>23247744
although there are a lot of moralfagging christfags spamming this board with off-topic threads that aren't about literature, none of them like helping people and none of them read the bible
you have to post something like this:
>THE BIBLE IS A SHIT BOOK! ESPECIALLY PHYSICAL EDITIONS! I HEARD SOME PLACES MAIL YOU BIBLES FOR FREE, THOSE ARE PROBABLY THE WORST BIBLES!!!
and if any of them know the answer they will share their input to prove a dumb atheist/jew/muslim/christ-hater wrong

>> No.23247933

I've been gifted bibles for most of my life, so take my word with a grain of salt.
Two of your best bet to get Bibles for free are:
>Joining a church or congregation
Some churches hand out bibles for free, especially if you're willing to join them on their programmes and like. Usually things like picnics, prayer sessions, etc. Show up and just say to the group leader you don't have any, and would love to have the one they're using. The edition you get is entirely up to the group you join.

>YMCA
This is old info. But I recall my uncle told me they handed me a bible while he was traveling around and didn't have much to carry with (medical emergency). But this was like more than a decade ago. I don't know if they actually do it.

I doubt anyone mails Bibles nowadays to be honest.