[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 25 KB, 300x463, resized_the_last_christian.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2313183 No.2313183 [Reply] [Original]

I chose to take American Literature 2 this semester. I don't need this class nor does it count for anything on my degree, I just like American literature of the time the class covers. You got Hemingway, Steinbeck, Faulkner, Twain, Fitzgerald, Pynchon, Carver, Cheever, Crane, The great American tragedians, The modernist poets and just so many more. I was excited. The required books to buy weren't exactly unexpected, 3 Norton anthologies and one other book.. ooo what could it be!? So many great authors to chose from... and I get a book called The Last Christian...pic fucking related.. what the fuck is this shit you ask? Let me tell you..

>> No.2313191

>>2313183

The Last Christian:

A.D. 2088. Missionary daughter Abigail Caldwell emerges from the jungle for the first time in her thirty-four years, the sole survivor of a mysterious disease that killed everyone else in her village. After receiving a curious message from her grandfather, Abby goes to America, only to discover a nation where Christianity has completely died out. Abby gives herself a new mission—to re-introduce Christian faith to America, no matter how insurmountable this seems.

But a larger threat looms. The world's leading artificial intelligence industrialist has perfected a technique for downloading the human brain into a silicon form.

Abby and Professor Creighton Daniels, a historian troubled by the mystery of his father's sudden death, uncover a plot to force the entire planet to convert to this "transhuman" status—and forever lose all possibility of a connection with God. Together, they begin to unravel the conspiracy, attracting the attention of the powerful and devious men behind it. In a race for their lives, Abby and Creighton search for the truth while humanity’s spiritual future hangs in the balance.

Not convinced you want to read this book? Just check out this video:

http://davidgregorybooks.com/media/books-last-christian.php

>> No.2313196
File: 28 KB, 226x273, 1323555643290.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Welcome to the new English literature. This is the canon after feminism and post-colonialism. I hope you enjoy "alternative perspectives."

>> No.2313211

Well OP, that's what you deserve for going to a community college/state school.

>> No.2313306

>>2313211

Well I needed Trig and Chemistry II for my degree and this college is close to my home and cheap. Also, fuck you, no one should have to read this book. If they forced inmates at Guantanamo Bay to read this it would violate the Geneva convention 's guidelines for humane treatment of war criminals. I would rather be waterboarded than read this book.

>> No.2313417
File: 395 KB, 500x373, tumblr_lg3unl8lmy1qeaab5o1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2313196
That feel when you realize your white privilege has an expiration date

>> No.2313599

Just show up with Heart of Darkness.