[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 399 KB, 1280x1280, Hegelisthebest.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23112128 No.23112128 [Reply] [Original]

>The absolute Idea has turned out to be the identity of the theoretical and the practical Idea. Each of these by itself is still one-sided, possessing the Idea only as a sought for beyond and an unattained goal; each, therefore, is a synthesis of endeavour, and has, but equally has not, the Idea in it; each passes from one thought to the other without bringing the two together, and so remains fixed in their contradiction. The absolute Idea, as the rational Notion that in its reality meets only with itself, is by virtue of this immediacy of its objective identity, on the one hand the return to life; but it has no less sublated this form of its immediacy, and contains within itself the highest degree of opposition. The Notion is not merely soul but free subjective Notion that is for itself and therefore possesses personality — the practical, objective Notion determined in and for itself which, as person, is impenetrable atomic individuality, but explicitly universality and cognition, and in its other has its own objectivity for its object. All else is error, confusion, opinion, endeavour, caprice and transitoriness; the absolute Idea alone is being, imperishable life, self-knowing truth, and is all truth.
I kneel.

>> No.23112136

>xix century philosophy
>relevant

Kek,

>> No.23112139

>>23112136
The ONE TRUE SYSTEM OF PHILOSOPHY is ETERNALLY RELEVANT.

>> No.23112140

>>23112128
Shit prose, opinion ignored.

>> No.23112144

>>23112140
>inferior anglo translation
THE ORIGINAL GERMAN IS SUBLIME

>> No.23112147

>>23112144
Then feel free to go discuss it with Germans.

>> No.23112152

>>23112147
ES LEBE DEUTSCHLAND!
ES LEBE DEUTSCHER IDEALISMUS!

>> No.23112166

>>23112144
>SUBLIME
Yes it is within the orbit of the moon. Good observation.

>> No.23112182
File: 95 KB, 720x303, Brainlet-wojak-constructor-meme-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23112166
>SUBLIME
>within the orbit of the moon

>> No.23112191

>>23112182
Time to learn to read, son.

>> No.23112324

>>23112128
>But in this next resolve of the pure Idea to determine itself as external Idea, it thereby only posits for itself the mediation out of which the Notion ascends as a free Existence that has withdrawn into itself from externality, that completes its self-liberation in the science of spirit, and that finds the supreme Notion of itself in the science of logic as the self-comprehending pure Notion.

Of the vast amount of philosophy I have read I generally tend to find Hegel most useful. I generally tend to be more dismissive of things that smell overly complex just for complexity-sake. The juxtaposition of these statements is not lost upon me and despite being able to summon words for most anything I still do not have any more adequate an explanation other than I find Hegel to be useful. I would not kneel to him, but I would certainly have helped him preserve his work by filling my own pockets with pages and ferrying him to wherever when he needed it had I been around for it. The world has lost too many ideas to as is, there is no reason to perpetuate the same if it can be avoided.