[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 919 KB, 1200x883, hemingway.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23102005 No.23102005 [Reply] [Original]

I'm trying to make my mind as powerful as possible. Ideally looking for some literature that will make me a glass-cannon of intellect as I am only 5'3 and have no physical prowess. I'd like to couple my new well read intellect with some fashion, focusing on accessories like rings, bracelets, and necklaces, but I know this isnt he place to ask about that. Haha.

I can pretty much already solo most people in my city college intellectually, but im looking to move on to more difficult groups. I am turning 21 and there is a bar near me that is focused on literature, they have a very cool library/fireplace aesthetic. I hope to start going there and leveling up my intellect, but i'd like some advice before i get in to the intellectual big leagues. Thus I am here to ask for advice on what I should read so i can 1v1 people IRL.

Any help is much appreciated!

>> No.23102026

>>23102005
you're not concerned about fitting exactly the short man syndrome stereotype? some people still grow after 21, you can get a lot of growth hormones naturally if you drink raw milk.

>> No.23102038

>>23102005
Live debate and discussion is an different skill from reading.
It’s like asking what videos to watch before you go to an MMA gym.
The only way for you to develop the skill is to practice it, experience the pain of getting owned by someone who knows more than you, then to spend that night furiously reading and thinking about what to say next time in the discussion circle. Repeat until you are impenetrable. But it comes after all this, not before.

>> No.23102044

>>23102026
I dont know what you are talking about. Sounds crazy.

>>23102038
Shouldnt you watch videos before training MMA?

>> No.23102054

>>23102005
I got taller when I was 25. There's still hope.

>> No.23102058 [DELETED] 

>>23102044
Don't worry about your midgethood, anon. I'm a 5'11 manlet and it's not much better than being 5'3. I get mogged all the time My 6'0 manlet brother tried to kill himself because he kept getting heightmogged by taller dudes, and even he knows a 6'3 manlet that got mogged at the gym by a 6'4 manlet.
No matter how tall you are, you will always get heightmogged by a taller manlet.

If you really want to, just get started with the Greeks and work your way up. Dostoevskiy is popular with arthoes so it's a no-brainer, and you should definitely read Shakespeare.