[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 8 KB, 182x276, tp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23017874 No.23017874 [Reply] [Original]

>people start pointing out plot holes in my story
>they say the characters are inconsistent in thought and deed
>I start to panic
>"ah...you see it's an unreliable narrator"
>They nod sagely with a newfound appreciation for my masterwork and applaud my efforts

>> No.23017903

>>23017874
Doesn't work, it gets obvious who's a good narrator for a story and who's not. Or even whrether the story itself is at fault. Check out Raskplnikov from Crime and Punishment. From a first glance, the landlady seems to be a VERY clean person, especially from how her inn was described. On the other hand at the same time he(Dostoevsky) says that she had oily, greasy gair and her clothes were dirty.

Uhm, which one is it?! This is a very simple example, but things could scale up from here on iut

>> No.23017926

>>23017874
Wtf, GRRM is that you?

>> No.23017928

>write a paean to uninhibited masculinity
>characters are duly rewarded for independence in both body and mind
>idols of strangling feminine influence torn down by jackbooted Apollos who take off their shirts at the slightest provocation to reveal washboard abs, hard and segmented like great shiny exoskeletons
>modern art is trashed
>hr departments razed by war bands of sun-worshipping charioteers like an ur-historic cattle raid mentioned by Nestor
>sinks are given a third tap that runs pure fatty olive oil
>bodybuilders popping squats in leather dusters, getting sweaty and ruining their uniforms
>time to take them off
>etc etc
>say you’re gay
>taking a jab at unrealistic body standards/dude bro culture
>if you read the explicit nazi orgy, where an epicene dressed as Parsifal inserts the healing spear into the old flabby Fisher King as anything other than allegory, you have no media literacy
>extremist literature published in popular paperback formats
>book deals, guest appearances, video essays where neuter-gender middlemen praise your wank material to the skies
>you are jerking off the whole time
>profit

>> No.23017936

>people say my book is racist
>dont worry at the end youll see how the Nigger Retard Empire and the Faggot Bumfucker Pirates are actually a metaphor for right wing paranoia; its a satire of what republicans ACTUALLY think, if you can believe