[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 264 KB, 1200x1529, Portrait_photoshoot_at_Worldcon_75,_Helsinki,_before_the_Hugo_Awards_–_George_R._R._Martin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23006951 No.23006951 [Reply] [Original]

>In years past, I would often do a Not A Blog post on or about New Year’s, looking back over the year that was ending and ahead to the year to come. This year, though, as I reflected on the year we had just lived through, I found I had no appetite for living through any of that again. 2023 was a nightmare of a year, for the world and the nation and for me and mine, both professionally and personally. I am very glad that it is over.

>Unfortunately, so far 2024 looks to be even worse.

>There is war everywhere. Ukraine and Gaza dominate the news, but there is a war in Myanmar as well that our western media just ignores, things are heating up in Yemen and the Red Sea, North Korea has nukes and is testing missiles and rattling sabres, Venezuela is threatening to annex three quarters of neighboring Guyana.

>Meanwhile the US grows more polarized every day. Hate is rising, democracy is under threat, millions of Americans have swallowed the lie that the 2020 election was stolen. Newspeak has taken over political discourse, cancel culture is destroying lives and careers, and we have a disgraced, indicted, venomous ex-president winning primaries despite openly declaring that he will be a dictator on day one and will govern on a platform of “retribution,” when he is not busy grabbing women by the pussy. His last attempt to overthrow the government failed on January 6, but some of his more ardent supporters are now saying that “next time” they will bring more guns. There are actually folks out there wanting civil war.

>It is hard to escape the feeling that we are living in the Weimar Republic.

>> No.23006952

>I am famous and I am wealthy and, supposedly, I have a “big platform.” Whatever that is. But I have grown more and more cynical about this supposed “power” that people keep telling me I have. Has anything I have ever written here ever changed a single mind, a single vote? I see no evidence of that. The era of rational discourse seems to have ended.

>And death is everywhere. Howard Waldrop was the latest, and his passing has hit me very very hard, but before him we lost Michael Bishop, Terry Bisson, David Drake… from my Wild Cards team, Victor Milan, John Jos. Miller, Edward Bryant, Steve Perrin… I still miss Gardner Dozois and Phyllis Eisenstein and my amazing agent Kay McCauley… Len Wein is gone, Vonda McIntyre, and Harlan Ellison… Greg Bear too, and… oh, I could go on. I look around, and it seems as though my entire generation of SF and fantasy writers is gone or going. Only a handful of us remain… and for how long, I wonder? I know I have forgotten people in the list above, and maybe that is the destiny that awaits all of us… to be forgotten.

>For that matter, the entire human race may be forgotten. If climate change does not get us, war will. Too many countries have nukes.

>Sigh.

>Well, I take solace where I can. In chocolate thrones, if nowhere else. In books. In films and television shows… though even there, toxicity is growing. It used to be fun talking about our favorite books and films, and having spirited debates with fans who saw things different… but somehow in this age of social media, it is no longer enough to say “I did not like book X or film Y, and here’s why.” Now social media is ruled by anti-fans who would rather talk about the stuff they hate than the stuff they love, and delight in dancing on the graves of anyone whose film has flopped.

>And don’t get me started on immigration. We are a nation of immigrants, yet millions of us have now decided we hate immigrants… refugees dreaming of a better life who are no better or worse or different than our own ancestors.

>It is all so sad.

>> No.23006956

>Now that I have made you all as depressed and angry as I am, let me close with something nice. When word of Howard’s death got out, I got a lot of texts and emails of condolence from mutual friends and fans. One of them was from Steven Paul Judd, the amazingly talented screenwriter and director who worked with us on the adaptation of MARY-MARGARET ROAD GRADER that will be going out on the film festival circuit Real Soon Now (more on that in a later blog post).

>Steve wrote:

>“Oh, no. I’m so sorry. My heart is heavy for your loss… In my tribe (Kiowa) in the old beliefs, they said we would go ‘west’ when we walked on into the spirit world. Who knows if that’s true, but if it is, then Howard is on his journey west now, going to the place where the fields are filled with buffalo and the grass is green even in winter — and when he gets there he can tell all his wonderful stories to those around the campfire.”

>Howard would like nothing better, I think.

>Current Mood: depressed

What does this mean for The Winds of Winter release date?

>> No.23007306

>>23006956

>The Winds of Winter release date?

The real fantasy was right in front of us all along

>> No.23007338

>>23006956
Two more weeks

>> No.23007463

>>23007338
And then what?

>> No.23007480

>>23006951
>Meanwhile the US grows more polarized every day. Hate is rising, democracy is under threat, millions of Americans have swallowed the lie that the 2020 election was stolen. Newspeak has taken over political discourse, cancel culture is destroying lives and careers, and we have a disgraced, indicted, venomous ex-president winning primaries despite openly declaring that he will be a dictator on day one and will govern on a platform of “retribution,” when he is not busy grabbing women by the pussy. His last attempt to overthrow the government failed on January 6, but some of his more ardent supporters are now saying that “next time” they will bring more guns. There are actually folks out there wanting civil war.
I always thought this guy was a retard, glad to have it confirmed.

>> No.23007484

>>23006952
> Well, I take solace where I can. In chocolate thrones
This fat retard couldn’t get off his ass long enough to finish his series yet he’s still here lecturing us about what anyone will hear 24/7 on CNN while also explaining how he knows he is changing no one’s mind, and copes by getting fatter and giving himself even less time to finish. Tf?

>> No.23007489
File: 59 KB, 1080x922, Tolkien vs GRRM.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Boohoo nigga. Tolkienchads keep on winning.

>> No.23007511

>muh drumpf
Unironically what's wrong with americans? Why are they... Like this?

>> No.23007519

>>23006951
Sounds like a drama queen. Finish Winds of Winter, it's been 13 years stop being a lazy sack of shit

>> No.23007528

>>23006951
what does any of this have to do with him writing the book? this dude is a fag that wrote one great book, one good book, one pretty mediocre book, one total piece of shit, and lastly another mediocre book. wish he would just fucking die already.

>> No.23007538

>>23007528
This post needs be engraved on his tombstone

>> No.23007584

Martin is what you get when stories are no longer published serially.

>> No.23007585

>>23006951
Martin’s a retard who thinks he’s smarter than most people yet doesn’t get why his toilet literature and nasally, smarter than you personality is annoying and dislikeable.

>> No.23007591

>>23006951
There is something hilariously ironic about the guy, who wrote miserable ''realistic'' fantasy as a middle finger to Tolkien, not being able to handle the world being a miserable place.

>> No.23007595
File: 290 KB, 1056x865, GRRMB.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do most authors assess their self worth based on how many people they encouraged to vote Democrat rather than the joy they brought to their readers?

>> No.23007600

>>23007528
Which book is which?

>> No.23007610

>>23007591
He’s also complaining about how Trump is using others and changing their minds to get his way while whining like a baby that his books and works haven’t changed anyone’s mind to have his way. He’s a fat, stupid, evil bastard.

>> No.23007635

>>23006952
A big platform for his ass.

>> No.23007640

>>23007610
Yet the world is acting EXACTLY how he wants it, according to his books so what's his deal then.

>> No.23007644

>>23006952
>And death is everywhere. Howard Waldrop was the latest, and his passing has hit me very very hard, but before him we lost Michael Bishop, Terry Bisson, David Drake… from my Wild Cards team, Victor Milan, John Jos. Miller, Edward Bryant, Steve Perrin… I still miss Gardner Dozois and Phyllis Eisenstein and my amazing agent Kay McCauley… Len Wein is gone, Vonda McIntyre, and Harlan Ellison… Greg Bear too, and… oh, I could go on.
Who?
>I look around, and it seems as though my entire generation of SF and fantasy writers is gone or going. Only a handful of us remain… and for how long, I wonder? I know I have forgotten people in the list above, and maybe that is the destiny that awaits all of us… to be forgotten.
Hopefully.

>> No.23007649

>>23006951
>>It is hard to escape the feeling that we are living in the Weimar Republic.
“My spirit will rise from the grave and the world will see i was right.” What did George mean by this?

>> No.23007656
File: 179 KB, 738x698, SP.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23006951
To think Gene Wolfe died and this fat guy who can't appreciate life lived...

>> No.23007658

>>23007640
I don’t think he wants the World like his books, but he definitely wants the Workd his way, and his way only. As he clearly shows and admits about wanting people to blindly listen to the ‘message’ of his horrible books and follow every opinion he wants in them. He definitely is evil. His admission of wanting power and whining about not having it shows. The story for it is just excuse to brag it out.

>> No.23007667

>>23007649
Nice meme, but he is talking from the perspective of someone who sympathized with the leftists of the time.

>> No.23007687

>>23006951
>>Meanwhile the US grows more polarized every day. Hate is rising, democracy is under threat, millions of Americans have swallowed the lie that the 2020 election was stolen. Newspeak has taken over political discourse, cancel culture is destroying lives and careers, and we have a disgraced, indicted, venomous ex-president winning primaries despite openly declaring that he will be a dictator on day one and will govern on a platform of “retribution,” when he is not busy grabbing women by the pussy. His last attempt to overthrow the government failed on January 6, but some of his more ardent supporters are now saying that “next time” they will bring more guns. There are actually folks out there wanting civil war.

lmfao, this fat fuck sounds like a male feminist

>> No.23007710

>>23006956
>“Oh, no. I’m so sorry. My heart is heavy for your loss… In my tribe (Kiowa) in the old beliefs, they said we would go ‘west’ when we walked on into the spirit world.
Injuns are retarded.

>> No.23007738

>>23007644
if you don't recognize those names, you're fucking lost, kid.
holy shit.

>> No.23007754

>>23006951
>>Meanwhile the US grows more polarized every day. Hate is rising, democracy is under threat, millions of Americans have swallowed the lie that the 2020 election was stolen. Newspeak has taken over political discourse, cancel culture is destroying lives and careers, and we have a disgraced, indicted, venomous ex-president winning primaries despite openly declaring that he will be a dictator on day one and will govern on a platform of “retribution,” when he is not busy grabbing women by the pussy. His last attempt to overthrow the government failed on January 6, but some of his more ardent supporters are now saying that “next time” they will bring more guns. There are actually folks out there wanting civil war.

I got to this point and I genuinely thought anon was trolling and had to pull up his blog on another tab to doublecheck. Does he realise spouting this basedboy nonsense won’t quell the angry Twitter masses? The only thing that will do that is if you actually sit your ass down and write, release WoW, no one cares about any of this other shit.

>> No.23007756

>>23007738
I don't read fantasy slop.

>> No.23007776

>>23007738
Who doesn't remember the Wild Cards team? LMAO.

>> No.23007804

>>23007738
Not everyone reads goyslop """literature"""

>> No.23007819

>>23007756
>>23007776
>>23007804
>Len Wein, Vonda McIntyre, Harlan Ellison, Greg Bear
you stupid fucks.
go ahead and backpedal, faggots.

>> No.23007826

>>23007819
Their statements fit perfectly.

>> No.23007830

>>23007826
illiterate faggot.

>> No.23007832

>>23007480
Nothing he said was wrong?

>> No.23007837

>>23007830
I don‘t read goyslop/fantasy/card games.

>> No.23007843

>>23007837
illiterate faggot

>> No.23007847

>>23006952
>>I am famous and I am wealthy and, supposedly, I have a “big platform.”

Martin, you have a big platform," The Jew said with a grin, perching himself comfortably on the edge of my cluttered desk. His eyes gleamed with the fervor of a zealot, but his tone was smooth, polished like one of those Westerosi courtiers I'd invented.

I leaned back in my chair, humbly acknowledging the truth of his words. The corners of his mouth twitched upwards in a knowing smile at my silent acceptance of the role he had painted for me.

"You've painted worlds with the stroke of a pen," The Jew continued, brushing a spec of imagined dust from his flawless sleeve. "Now, let's use that brush to highlight the wars tearing our own world apart."

It was an enticing idea, and I felt a surge of pride. He was right; I could wield my words like Valyrian steel to cut through the fog of ignorance.

"The polarization, George," he pressed on, his voice now a whisper of mock concern that did little to hide the steel underneath. "The lies about the stolen election, they're tearing the fabric of this nation to shreds."

My fingers itched to type, already crafting the narrative arc in my mind. And then he hit where it struck me deepest: the visceral image of a power-drunk ex-president and his vulgar boasts. "Imagine another holocaust, because that's where this all leads," he finished with a solemn shake of his head. "For all of us, even me."

Empathy gripped me as I gazed into his earnest eyes. Yes, I would pen this truth. I would be the scribe to etch these warnings into the annals of our time. With a nod of resolve to my unexpected muse, I began, my fingers dancing across the keys to compose the prophecy he had laid upon my soul.

>> No.23007848

ABSOLUTE FUCKER

>> No.23007859

>>23007847
now do TWoW

>> No.23007868

>>23007859
George, not like that, you're not anonymous anymore

>> No.23007874

>>23007868
damn

>> No.23007957

>>23007874
I slammed my meaty fist onto the desk, sending my prized D&D miniatures sprawling across the cluttered surface like casualties of some tragic tabletop battle. My breathing was heavy, a guttural noise of disbelief and frustration rumbling in my chest.

"Seven hells," I cursed aloud, the words tasting like ash and annoyance on my tongue. "These damn forum users, cleverer than Varys with a secret."

My eyes flitted back to the glaringly bright computer screen where that damning exchange stood. "George, not like that, you're not anonymous anymore," followed by my own defeated "damn".

I couldn't help but marvel at the sheer cunning on display. I thought I'd been sly, a master of disguise weaving through the digital commonfolk. Yet there I was, sussed out by some sharp-witted anon with a penchant for pointing out the painfully obvious.

I leaned back, my robust frame creaking the aged chair beneath me, and ran a hand through my disheveled silver beard. A chuckle, dark and mirthless, rumbled from my core as I considered the irony. Here I sat, a creator of worlds indiscernible, betrayed by my own written hand.

With a resigned sigh, I clicked off the incognito tab, my thoughts returning to the war-torn lands of Westeros, to dragons and ice zombies… and that godforsaken manuscript that would never write itself.

"Back to The Winds of Winter," I murmured, fingers poised over the keys once more. But not before I took one last look at the forum thread, etching that wry reply into memory—the day George R.R. Martin was outplayed at his own game.

>> No.23007970

>>23007687
>lmfao, this fat fuck sounds like a male feminist
I rather suspect he would wear that label as a badge of honor.

>> No.23007971
File: 144 KB, 514x496, 1704298459373415.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23006951
>>23006952
>>23006956
>WAAAA THE WORLD IS SUCKY AND MEANIES. NO BOOK FOR YOU!

Leftism is a mental illness, I swear.

>> No.23007991

>>23006951
Funniest thing to me is that if he were to have Winds out this year in exchange for, let‘s say, 1000 previously-uncommitted people to vote for Biden—obviously you have to filter out a strong majority who had actually planned on doing so all along, people who don‘t keep their word, whatever—but there‘d be at least a few who genuinely fall under the category of newly-active Biden voters from this alone. And hell, he could ask for some much greater number. 100,000? A million? The effective count actually does start becoming almost noteworthy.

But he won‘t because it‘d mean finishing Winds lmao

>> No.23008029

>>23006951
I actually mostly agree with him politically but holy shit, how fucking oblivious does this fat drama queen have to be to think that "things heating up in Yemen" or "North Korean nukes" are any kind of news in 2024? Bitch I was aware of both of these things at back in 2005, and it didn't stop me from enjoying life or going to school like a normal autistic 9 year old. I can understand being miserable because your friends or colleagues have died, but blaming your depressive state on the rest of the world is pathetic and no different from the right-wing chuds he complained about so much.
The worst part is people *would* actually give more of a shit about his political opinions if he did his job and finished the book he's been working on for thirteen years first. Now, instead of being the brilliant author using his platform to raise awareness about global issues, he just comes off as the fat fuck who blames war and climate change for his inability to commit to a schedule.

>> No.23008030
File: 315 KB, 484x637, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23006952
>too many countries have nukes
>sigh

>> No.23008049

>>23007832
reddit.com

>> No.23008055

>>23006952
>>And don’t get me started on immigration. We are a nation of immigrants, yet millions of us have now decided we hate immigrants… refugees dreaming of a better life who are no better or worse or different than our own ancestors.
my ancestors never skinned teenage girls to make corn grow, grrm. they also didnt have an age of consent that was 10, and werent ruled by a massive drug empire that murders and tortures children

>> No.23008112

>>23008055
Who are you refering to?

>> No.23008162

>>23008112
el demonos los mexiconos

>> No.23008164

>>23007528
It is his excuse for not finishing. he is setting the stage for an announcement that due to depression and anxiety he is unable to work. Drumpf and muh third world have made him unable to write. It is that and not him being a fat lazy piece of shit that will prevent the release of further installments in his novelized soap opera.

>> No.23008186

>>23008164
you know im also a bit of a writer myself and for me, all these spicy world events not only provides lots of artistic inspiration, but motivation to get my work published before nukes atomize the airwaves or at the very least I just get drafted and cant write while polishing artillery guns before they go up a british mans ass

>> No.23008202

>>23008186
You'll end digging trench and sucking soldier dicks, Vanya.

>> No.23008217

>>23008202
why do you think im russian? you didnt see the news article about the british guy getting raped in the ass with an artillery cannon by his comrade achmeds? lmao. lol. these days with gay pride military, id watch your ass around your own men before caring about the enemy across europe

>> No.23008223

>>23006951
>democracy is under threat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BJ1JKMcGM4
oh hecking noo

>> No.23008232

>>23007511
Demoralization strat from the USSR, government run schools dumbing down education, and massive overdoses of propaganda. Read John Taylor Gatto.

>> No.23008237
File: 139 KB, 937x1024, German antifa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23008029
>I actually mostly agree with him politically

>> No.23008241

>>23007847
>>23007957
kekd

>> No.23008253
File: 124 KB, 2387x318, firefox_FQf6ZdUWHM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23007511
None of them actually fucking read the constitution. This is a great shame.

>> No.23008257

>>23008253
*declaration of independence, am retard

>> No.23008385

>>23006951

I'm the total opposite, I feel invigorated when everyone is fighting and the happening is happening

>> No.23008396

>>23006951

god i hate this fucking simpleton

>> No.23008410

>>23008237
Unironically I have about as much respect for George as I do for the guy in your picture at this point.

>> No.23008483
File: 21 KB, 200x225, necromancer_class_diablo2_resurrected_wiki_guide_200px.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Myanmar
I have never ever heard of a person using this country as an excuse to get out of work before.

>> No.23008576

>>23008396
The hilarious irony is, of course, that democracy IS under threat. Just from the other side. And from GRRM himself with his disingenuous rhetoric.

Also, for an author, his post was astonishingly bad literature. It's even bad as a polemic. Even Maddox can write a rant better than GRRM.

>> No.23008591
File: 97 KB, 828x1200, 88C52686-5769-4FC5-B967-E2FC6E45909F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23006951
GEORGIE UGHHH WHERE IS THE BOOKIE? I NEED IT I NEED IT

>> No.23008700

This fat faggot will do a billion interviews with his nasally voice instead of finishing his fucking book. I swear he should just hand it off to a more competent writer and end his involvement in shit. Tolkien came up with LOTR in the trenches, and a few cruise missiles in Yemen are gonna stop this bastard from working?

>> No.23008704

>>23007511
literally jews

>> No.23009235

George, you fat fuck, is easier to just say "im not finishing the books"

>> No.23009253
File: 314 KB, 720x1600, Screenshot_20240130_020754_Brave.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

He is a Jewish Boomer- and he is fat. None of this is out of character.

>> No.23009289
File: 379 KB, 1080x534, george fat fat martin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.23009301

Maybe the gas escaping from his corpulent body wrote this post.

>> No.23009316

>>23007610
>he’s le evil
Grow up

>> No.23009560

>>23006951
I have a feeling he's gonna miraculously live another 10 years but without finishing the books.

>> No.23009580

>>23006951
> Newspeak has taken over political discourse
lol

>> No.23009583

>>23006956
>What does this mean for The Winds of Winter release date?
he has probably completely stopped working on it again given that he sounds depressed

>> No.23009586

>>23008055
so can I just up and come if I'm european?

>> No.23009588

>>23008700
The funny thing is that if he messed around with AI, he could probably seriously finish both Winds and A Dream of Spring within a year. Maybe a month with an assistant that's savvy with AI.

But George is a literal boomer, so this will never happen.

>> No.23009600

>>23006951
This is patrick bateman tier

>> No.23009633

>>23007658
>but he definitely wants the Workd his way, and his way only.
That's literally everybody

>> No.23009659

>>23008029
This guy was alive and writing in the seventies. When there was a war in Vietnam, anti-war protests, political bombings, race riots, a criminal president, and a looming nuclear war with the Soviet Union. Yet today is somehow worse. The only real thing on there is climate change, but that was also happening back then, though no one talked about it.

Old people always become pessimistic when they feel the Grim Reaper closing in.

>> No.23009664

>>23009560
Good, if only to make naive redditors still thinking that this fat fuck will deliver seethe in agony

>> No.23009679

>>23007832
But he fails to have enough self-awareness to realize that he is in part the problem, and that he’s doing with this blog post something very similar to what the blog post complains about. If you really wanted to write a poignant blog post about what’s actually terrible today it’s how everyone is an egotist who thinks the world is so terrible but oh not you dear (writer/reader). That this fat moron thinks he’s exempt or not more the cause than his readers is almost insulting.

>> No.23009681
File: 3.35 MB, 5328x3553, ddp-images-Editorial-8.71300290-HighRes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23009586
No. Because your ancestors sacrificed teenage girls in burning funerary ships, they had an age of consent that was 10(or less), and were ruled by a massive empire that murdered and enslaved whole cities.

>> No.23009682

>>23009586
It’s not legally sanctioned but it’s politically and socially sanctioned sure.

>> No.23009693

>>23009659
>Old people always become pessimistic when they feel the Grim Reaper closing in.
I don't know if he's infertile, really dedicated to a wife that is, a secret pedo, or what, but otherwise he's deliberately chosen to have no family legacy that will carry on when he's gone. That's on him.

Many such cases.

>> No.23009695

I can sympathize with him somewhat regarding the idea that national and global events can spin up this thing that makes it hard to focus. But first of all, detaching from that and isolating from news, and other people if need be, is your job as a a writer. If you can’t focus, you’re a shitty writer. It’s part of the job, like command of the language is part of the job. You think people who work in offices don’t have a hard time focusing? They do. They have to figure out a way to overcome it anyway. Same for you, Mr. Writer. What really bugs me about the post is the progressive moralizing. How can you contribute to a degenerate libertine chaos culture with your blood rape and incest books while you no doubt push progressive politics in your non-professional life and then bemoan the shitty state of the world? Did you think you were advocating for goodness and order? You are the guy who thought Tolkien was kitsch remember? I mean, what a fraud you are. How can you fancy yourself an artist or a thinker or even just a writer and display such a small degree of self awareness? Why does anyone read this buffoon’s books?

>> No.23009700

>>23009659
Because today offends the progressive sympathies more than the vigor of the Vietnam protests did. See he thought Vietnam was bad but the popular distaste for them was good. What he sees nowadays is no good nasty anti-immigrant fascism being popular and that’s really not good, he thinks.

It’s not the grim reaper. He is just a dumbass progressive and all his friends from his career in Hollywood media are probably whipping him up into a frenzy.

>> No.23009724

>>23009681
>they had an age of consent that was 10(or less),
tacitus says germanic tribes thought it was abomination to have sex or marriage before adulthood. they drowned pedophiles in bogs. whats wrong? still mad you got buttblasted in the blood meridian thread? lmao

>> No.23009727

https://youtu.be/EXZE_KQnat4?si=hyCnktlYlsuiSOCP&t=4293
George just hates himself for not finishing the books and letting two dipshits ruin his story

>> No.23009731
File: 656 KB, 900x648, 1685343201082129.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23006951
Who the fuck cares, he's a subpar fantasy writer that was clearly only ever in this for money and attention. Aren't half of these books about shit fetishization and taxes anyways? Fucking kill yourself if you read this garbage.

>> No.23009754

>>23009681
>a massive empire that murdered and enslaved whole cities.
So something every single ethnicity in the history of the world had? Try again, turdie.

>> No.23009794
File: 615 KB, 2048x1524, 1652136487228.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23009754
>So something every single ethnicity in the history of the world had?
That was my point, dude. The Aztecs were especially gory, yes, but overall about as evil as everyone else.

>> No.23009802

>>23009695
>muh degenerate liberal!!
What the fuck does that have to do with countries stockpiling nukes and war breaking out? This thread is clinically retarded.

>> No.23009963

>>23009794
so something your ancestors and every american's ancestors did too, so nothing that should affect your acceptance of those immigrants' presence in the usa if that's what you care about?

>> No.23009978

>>23009633
Sure, but to different extents. People live the fact they don’t have everyone thinking the same as them or accept that it’s probably for the best. He’s whining publical that he isn’t his having his way and changing minds with what he does. Which he complains that others are doing, which shows that he doesn’t think/believe what you said to me, and why I stated he’s evil which >>23009316 doesn’t get and complains to me about. With him subtlely admitting to not wanting to work on it cause the world is hard and that things are bad, which we know and know that’s why he’s not working on it already. And that other old people like him are dying, which is also obvious. So him wanting his way is the problem cause he complains about how others should want the world their way and he’s throwing a tantrum online over it.

>> No.23010064

>>23009802
thats not at all what he said anon, why do you strawman so hard? not confident enough in your own argument huh?

>> No.23010087

>>23009802
It’s not merely that he has liberal politics. I don’t think it’s right to even call his politics liberal. I’m merely pointing out that if you bemoan, let’s say, chaos and ethnic-civil unrest, and then go and preach the value of unrestrained immigration, even to the point of likening totally different people to each other to obfuscate the reality of their very real deep and sharp divides, you’re either a complete idiot or a massive hypocrite. I mean, just use your brain. If the United States swung open the doors to immigrants tomorrow, do you think civil unrest and political agitation in this country would be better or worse? If you think it would get better you’re just an idiot. If you think it would get worse, you’re a hypocrite. Do you think that will make more of them try to cross the Darién or less? More, obviously. So more dead kids, more cartel kidnappings. Do you think our flying pride flags in Afghanistan and sending their women to University in Israel will make locals like us more or less? Anyone who writes a novel should be capable of reasoning these things. What he’s preaching has directly or indirectly caused all of the things he’s bemoaning.

This isn’t even a value judgement on progressive sympathies by the way. This is a basic recognition that he asked for this. All of this. Rather, he didn’t ask for it directly, he asked for the things which have resulted in this. So to on one hand complain about the state and then continue to preach what got you there is dishonest or retarded.

Besides, his job, literally, is to write novels. His job isn’t to whine. It’s not offer news commentary. It’s not to preach politics, or identify immigrants with yourself. It’s not even to blog. You know, if the guy wrote the novel and then said all this stupid shit, people would have more tolerance for it. But instead, it just comes off like a fat old buffoon blaming others for the negative consequences of his actions while finding excuses why he can’t do the one thing people actually want from him.

So fuck him.

>> No.23010112

>>23007480
>Hate is rising, democracy is under threat
>Newspeak has taken over political discourse
Enjoying the cognitive dissonance here. G.R.R.M. is a bona fide midwit.

>> No.23010160

>>23006951
I love how this fat fuck is blaming Ukraine and Palestine for his not being able to write. Oh and he blamed covid before and Trump before that too. Like you lazy fat cunt you are such a fucking hack. He’s all “I’m just like you guys I’m depressed about the world issues and the economy myself “. Fuck off George.

>> No.23010166

I also can’t believe that the masses of citizens think they can vote that one guy. Don’t they realize that nothing short of democracy is at stake in doing so? So depressing. Ugh.

>> No.23010181

>>23010160
I mean, the books sucked. Why do you guys pretend like not writing the last coupon were such a let down? The only reason anybody cares about these books is because it HBO.

>> No.23010192

>>23006951
I can’t believe this disingenuous piece of shit wants to commemorate his fallen comrades who all had a better work ethic than your lazy ass. He’s obsessed about shit that ain’t his problem or his business like Myanmar but can’t move his fat fingers to at least type out a paragraph a day. Funnily enough he mentions Harlan Ellison in his list who I’m sure would tell George to get off his lazy Jew ass and finish the book already too.

>> No.23010199

>>23006951
>"Whatever might befall us on the battlefield, remember, it has happened before, and to better men than you. I am an old man, an old knight, and I have seen more battles than most of you have years. Nothing is more terrible upon this earth, nothing more glorious, nothing more absurd. You may retch. You will not be the first. You may drop your sword, your shield, your lance. Others have done the same. Pick it up and go on fighting. You may foul your breeches. I did, in my first battle. No one will care. All battlefields smell of shit. You may cry out for your mother, pray to gods you thought you had forgotten, howl obscenities that you never dreamed could pass your lips. All this has happened too.”

>“Some men die in every battle. More survive. East or west, in every inn and wine sink, you will find greybeards endlessly refighting the wars of their youth. They survived their battles. So may you. This you can be certain of: the foe you see before you is just another man, and like as not he is as frightened as you. Hate him if you must, love him if you can, but lift your sword and bring it down, then ride on. Above all else, keep moving."

We're never getting this kino are we

>> No.23010209

>>23007847
George even if you have to go metafictional to finish the books, fine whatever. Kek lol

>> No.23010264

>Has anything I have ever written here ever changed a single mind, a single vote?
What you become famous for was writing a series about war, political instability and rape in which every single character is an asshole, and now you're complaining that your magnum opus is all around you, instead of your "Not a Blog"?

>> No.23010267
File: 3.65 MB, 1920x1080, lets heal the world (11).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23006951
Maybe if he didn't make his world so horrible and miserable, someone might actually care to listen to the lessons it teaches. Unfortunately, all he was writing about is how everything is miserable, there is no hope and only escape from it all is through having sex with your hot twin brother or your younger underaged sister. And especially with everything he complains about politically, he gets completely moged by the entire Trails series, which actually has a hopeful message despite all the horrible things and conspiracies happening there. In short, I wish we had more characters like Elliot in fiction.

>> No.23010319

>>23007832
>Hate is rising
Maybe, but it isn't the right's fault. People don't like their currency being devalued and unlimited illegal immigration lowering their wages. No wonder people are becoming "anti immigration".

>Democracy is under threat, millions of Americans have swallowed the lie that the 2020 election was stolen.
>"We changed all the rules in the 11th hour to allow for cheating, media suppressed stories harmful to Biden, and Drumpf had the gall to tell people to protest the obviously rigged election! In order to save democracy, we must suspend democracy and prevent him from running!!"
You're retarded if you believe this.

>Newspeak has taken over political discourse, cancel culture is destroying lives and careers
This is obviously true, but the tide is swinging hard against it. People are beginning to not care if you get called a racist or homophobe anymore, because anything to the right of "give all blacks free money" and "let trannies dance naked in elementary schools" is called racist or transphobic.

>We have a disgraced, indicted, venomous ex-president winning primaries despite openly declaring that he will be a dictator on day one and will govern on a platform of “retribution,” when he is not busy grabbing women by the pussy.
Boo hoo. Political candidate tells his voter base what they want to hear, more at 11.

>His last attempt to overthrow the government failed on January 6
Midwestern grannies being led on a tour of the Capitol by police was hardly an "attempt to overthrow the government". Good grief. The man left office peacefully.

>Some of his more ardent supporters are now saying that “next time” they will bring more guns.
More guns? There were zero guns at the January 6 tour of the capitol, other than by police who killed a lady. Also, who even said that?

>There are actually folks out there wanting civil war.
Yeah, and it ain't the right. Texas is literally trying to enforce state and national sovereignty, and you have a federal government actively trying to prevent that. That's called treason.

>> No.23010495
File: 54 KB, 640x480, House of lies.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23006952
>Well, I take solace where I can. In chocolate thrones, if nowhere else. In books. In films and television shows… though even there, toxicity is growing.
Literally female behavior. He's also too stupid to notice the general decline in quality across television and instead blames anonymous people on social media for making him upset.

>> No.23010742

—“I am famous and I am wealthy and, supposedly, I have a “big platform.” Whatever that is. But I have grown more and more cynical about this supposed “power” that people keep telling me I have. Has anything I have ever written here ever changed a single mind, a single vote? I see no evidence of that. The era of rational discourse seems to have ended.”

He is not wrong. His readers suck so much ass. They read his books in all the worst possible ways, and nobody actually reads his books properly. They are low-IQ and on the same tier as religious people, and they cannot use a big fat grain of salt to save their lives.

Most readers just blitz through his books and go “omg dragons came from moon, cooool” like fan-fiction writing idiots. Most theorists are fan fiction writers practically. He hates that shit and yet everybody is a mouth drooling retard who thinks they know better than the fat man.

People like David Lightbringer are proof that fans are literal fucking demons hell bent on raping his work.

I hope he doesn’t release Winds. None of you deserve it. You just scream at him and call him fat.

>> No.23010782

>>23006951
If Tolkien is British fantasy then Martin is Reddit

>> No.23010850

>>23010742
You seem pretty pressed people like violence and violent characters. We're a violent species anon, we like powerful people doing powerful shit

>> No.23010925

>he no like orange man, me no like him no more
everyone does it for their side, but that's all this is lol

>> No.23010985

>>23006951
>>23006952
>>23006956
He's too close to it to see that the policies he supports are causing the downfall he laments, and too old and arrogant to change his ways. I wish he wasn't good at writing so I didn't give a shit about his books

>> No.23010992

>>23010742
Also, given that he states a lot of his friends and peers have died, that the situation in the world does seem bleak with all the wars, how can you not find some empathy for the man and only think about whether you're getting the sixth book or not? That's just wrong.

>> No.23011021

>>23010925
It's possible to have a realpolitik take on Donald Trump, both for and against, and it's ironic that GRRM is instead parroting MSNBC talking points about democracy.

>> No.23011048

>>23010992
Fuck off GRRM. It has been 13 years since A Dance With Dragons. Finish the books.

>> No.23011060

>>23009600
kek. it does read exactly like that speech of platitudes bateman makes about ending apartheid and shit.

>> No.23011081

>>23006952
>And don’t get me started on immigration. We are a nation of immigrants, yet millions of us have now decided we hate immigrants… refugees dreaming of a better life who are no better or worse or different than our own ancestors.
the population was a fraction of a fraction when the original immigrants colonized the land. now there is hyperinflation. these two situations are not the same.

>> No.23011188

>>23007644
Harlan Ellison is worth mourning. The rest? Not so much.

>> No.23011467
File: 41 KB, 807x659, Tiresome.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23010925
Honestly it's extremely funny just how dense and blind anons in this thread (and on /lit/ and 4chan in general) are to their own biases.
>>23010319
>Maybe, but it isn't the right's fault
"There may be problems, but my tribe is responsible for none of them!" is straight up self-parody in this context.
>>23011021
>it's ironic that GRRM is instead parroting MSNBC talking points about democracy
For years I have been able to tell exactly what angle Fox News adopted and when, because anons who were having some kind of semi-intelligent back-and-forth suddenly switch gears and start preaching the exact same talking point and dismiss everyone arguing against it as leftist liberal globohomo trannies. I used to think very little of the englightened centrist types, but I realized I've seen very little of them lately and I actually kind of miss them because maybe their smarmy existence ultimately allowed people to find some common ground.

This isn't even about politics, I just feel like recently I've been running into anons utterly incapable of self-reflection on several boards and extending over several topics. It's not really even an echo chamber effect, because it manifests in their knee-jerk dismissal of any and all opposing arguments without truly engaging with their substance. I swear it wasn't this bad ten or twenty years ago. It may have started with (American) politics, but this kind of my way or the highway polarization seems to have seeped into every other aspect of our lives.

>> No.23011532

>when he is not busy grabbing women by the pussy.
This comes off as a satire from grrm
Also he's stuck mentally in 2016

>> No.23011689

>>23010319
What's it like to live in your weird imaginary parallel universe?

>> No.23011729

>>23010992
>That's just wrong.
lol. lmao even

>> No.23011853

>>23011532
He has TDS, Trump Derangement syndrome. This guy will never recover if it's 2024 and he still has it.

>> No.23011946

>>23011467
It could be bots but have you seen some of those trump supporters getting street interviewed on yt they're interesting, draw your own conclusions

>> No.23011956

>>23006952
>We are a nation of immigrants
Hate when people say this about any country.

>> No.23012470

>>23011946
>People who dont agree with me are russian bots! theyre drumpf supporters too!
>one time, I saw this scripted video where uh
shut up faggot

>> No.23012771

>>23010925
he quite literally just said "orange man bad", how am I supposed to take him or his books seriously? t. never read any of them and don't feel encouraged by this pap

>> No.23012803

>>23012771
get well soon.

>> No.23012814

>>23012803
go ahead and describe to me how intricate and worldly his political intrigue plots are, tell me they are better than dune and he has a better understanding of politics and psychology than frank herbert did, and then contrast that with this cringe ass blogpost.

>> No.23012824

>>23006951
>>23006952
>>23006956
These are some fascinating posts. Really shows the stunted, infantile mindset of Westerners. Vague statements about "hate" harming the world but no explicit condemnation of genocidal Zionists or anything of substance, complaining about celebrity deaths as evidence of a societal catastrophe on the level of Weimar, despair about nuclear war like it's 1980. Just incredible

>> No.23012856

I love watching these retard who do nothing but promote decadence and degeneration eating shit. Fuck this clown

>> No.23012914

>>23006951
but for real what are the odds it's out within 5 years? 30%?

>> No.23012946

>>23008700
Unironically why hasnt he just hired someone to shadow write it for him? Id be easy money for him and people would stop pestering him over a book series he clearly stopped giving a shit about

>> No.23012958

>>23012946
pride and ego

>> No.23012969

>>23006952
>And don’t get me started on immigration.
Does he still live in Jersey? Must be nice watching New York fill up with imported homeless people across the river

>> No.23013580

>>23008483
Lel. Last I checked, the rebels were even winning. Should've made a blog post in 2021 instead of 2024

>> No.23013750

>>23011853
Him constantly talking about trump pussygrabbing is retarded, grrm is an open pervert himself and his books contain some of the most disgusting shit possible, sometimes borderline on pedophilia glorification

>> No.23013777

>>23013750
Wow you mean the biggest names in art are all fucking degenerates but uplifted by the establishment because orange man bad?!?!?

>> No.23013883

>>23010264
>>23010267
Funny, isn't it? There are still people defending him, saying his books are about the horrors of war, etc but will have a good ending because he's not a nihilist, but his absolute laziness and lack of care for his own work has yet to prove those people right. Also, yes, he's genuinely a midwit who thinks he's way smarter than he actually is.

>> No.23013957

>>23007738
Embarrassing

>> No.23014007

>>23013750
>>23013777
checked and yeah im not gonna lie I put off reading game of thrones 10 years ago because I got to the end of the marriage with daenarys (13) and realized I was reading porn

>> No.23014015

>>23012914
0%

>> No.23014081

>>23009724
so... nords have been hagloving cucks from the beginning?

Shoking.

>> No.23014117

Who's that again? Last I checked he wrote some unfinished fantasy series that was all but forgotten by 2020. He's never finishing it, and no one really gives a fuck about it anyway.

>> No.23014287

This thread proves just how fucking garbage you all are as “fans”.

Humans deserve nothing good; you’re all selfish, impatient and ungrateful fucks.

>> No.23014306

>>23006951
>>It is hard to escape the feeling that we are living in the Weimar Republic.
when the enemy reaches the same conclusions but for opposite reasons, the hate he fears is in response to Weimar society. Always odd how seemingly intelligent authors who clearly have shown nuance just be completely unable to see the real Macro politic game being played. why the fuck do all of them cuck out?

>> No.23014314

>>23009600
Someone should do a study on why Donald Trump offends progressive morality so much. They just cannot stop grasping pearls as if it’s the most shockingly vulgar thing they’ve ever seen in their lives. I mean, sure he is vulgar. And crass. And crude. But this always struck me as a bit of an overreaction. Maybe Ted was right about over-socialized people.

>> No.23014321

>>23013883
I’ve always suspected that this is basically why he can’t finish the book. The only ending he can come up with is some nicety little gay progressive or else a nihilistic one. Either it ends exactly how the show did, or with the yasss feminist queen or something stupid like that or everyone dies for no reason. He knows the ending will be taken as declaring something and he has nothing in particular to say.

>> No.23014329

>>23014287
Wait. You think I’m a fan of these books? These books are mediocre at best and I actually can’t stand George R. R. Martin. I take interest and comment because, for better or worse, he is one of the more prominent writers of our time. I take notice only because he is emblematic of the present zeitgeist and not because I think his books are even worth reading. Call me a hater if you like. I’m just being honest. This is probably the sentiment of the majority here. We think less of this than Harry Potter.

>> No.23014333

>>23014306
Because they’re operating with 50+ years of brainwashing via television. Have you really not noticed that the internet age broke boomer brains precisely because it blew up the narratives they got from television? The television quite literally told this guy what to think, feel, and do for more than five decades. Think about that.

>> No.23014361

People who are way too online have been deranged by radical politics and can no longer talk current events with normies. I'm one of them.

Here I am thinking it's been taking a toll on my mental health, and then I see a CNN liberal like GRRM flailing wildly over surface level media talking points, utterly without context. People like him are just as traumatized by politics as the online larpers, except they're leashed to the mainstream news cycle, whereas we obsessives are lost in rabbit holes. Two different modes of blackpilling oneself.

It bodes poorly, because it suggests that no one is immune from the politicization of absolutely everything. Weimar indeed.

>> No.23014372

>>23014361
Yeah, dude. This guy thinks boomers and the orange man literally tried to overthrow the government on January 6th 2021, but it’s the other people who are totally radicalized into accepting bizarre politics.

If anyone is not immune to anything, it’s you not being immune to being a fucking retard.

>> No.23014440

>>23014287
I'm not a fan, quite the opposite. I'm actually glad I can shit on Gurm and his dumb writing after the constant near universal fellation he's been receving for the past decade.

>> No.23014511

>>23014287
I’m more of a rampant hater than a fan; excuse you.

>> No.23014514

>>23014372
Are you actually suggesting that terminally online people don't develop bizarre politics? They obviously do; just think back to the early days of SJW Tumblr. Trans ideology would be impossible without the Internet as a vector.

People like GRRM are just as psychically damaged, but it happens though "legitimate" channels. It's bad news all around.

>> No.23014531

>>23014287
I have given him money, I owe him nothing, and in fact when I gave him money there was the unsaid promise he would finish the series, which he has not upheld.
I have no reason to be "grateful" over being scammed

>> No.23014578

>>23014372
>This guy thinks boomers and the orange man literally tried to overthrow the government on January 6th 2021
I get the feeling you'd be singing a different tune if the roles were reversed and masked Antifa had broken into the capitol that day.

>> No.23014648
File: 41 KB, 587x327, IMG_0725.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23014514
I’m suggesting that is textbook whataboutism and an over-generalization at that. We can handle the author’s particular sympathies exactly as particular sympathies precisely because we’re not retarded and don’t have to go “oh yeah well other people do this and yeah I know it’s not all other people or maybe even most but it sure seems that way” as if it’s an argument or an even anything more than a limited series of anecdotes really.

>>23014578
If coordinated and armed group with concealed identities seized a capitol building, I still wouldn’t call it “overthrowing the government” necessarily but yeah, I’d admit that it would be a lot more like overthrowing the government. But unfortunately for you, what actually happened is a bunch of uncoordinated boomers who mostly did not conceal their identities simply wandered showed up to a protest at a building and then walked in when the doors opened. I wouldn’t call that overthrowing the government, no.

Pic very related.

>> No.23014668

>>23007847
>>23007957
Very nice

>> No.23014669

>>23013957
for you and all the other illiterate faggots polluting this board? absolutely.
a fucking tragedy, the state of 4chan.
go ahead, tell me how not knowing an author is a badge of pride on the literature board.

faggot, you are embarrassing.

>> No.23014690
File: 91 KB, 350x593, 1672678201696176.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23006951
>>23006952
>>23006956
At this point one can only wish an avid fan to Misery this fat fuck into finishing the books, hell you can kill the jew after

Current Mood: its all so tiresome

>> No.23015135

>>23014690
Have you read Misery or seen the film adaptation with James Caan in it? Do you know how it ends? Not good for le crazy fan.

>> No.23015461

>>23014287
back in my day bait used to be believable

>> No.23015495

>>23006952
>Sigh.
What a hack

>> No.23015527

>>23014372
let's be honest bro trump literally said "the election was stolen and biden will be a fraud president" and invited people to hear him speak the capitol building. after his handlers saw how many people showed up, they told trump "tell them all to go home or we will take away your children and grandchildren's israeli passports and ruin you" and trump cucked like he always cucks because he knows which side his bread is buttered on much like every politician of the last 80 years. but if he wanted them to act, it could have been a very effective call to arms against the corrupt establishment he allegedly has so much disdain for.
if he lived up to the shit that he spouts and actually overthrew the government, citing the declaration of independence, "whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government", you would not be taking his rally on jan 6th so lightly.
but again, he never had any intention of doing anything like that, he is 100% rhetorical, but his most diehard followers were there that day, and they were prepared to do whatever he told them. overthrowing the government is not "bizarre politics" in america, it's bizarre in every other so called democracy that wasn't founded on overthrowing an oppressive government, merely following in america's footsteps after america dominated the world and essentially forced compliance to its worldview.
texas and 25 other states just said "fuck you" to the feds when they tried enforcing their will on the texas national guard. it is you who is bizarre if you're not paying attention to this and cannot grasp what it means. since 1945, no other organization has had the power to so openly defy the american federal government. the system is on the verge of collapse, and history is about to repeat.

>> No.23015536

>>23015461
>he thinks it’s bait

>> No.23015545

>>23015536
back in my day poe's law wasn't so prevalent

>> No.23015556
File: 44 KB, 864x864, IMG_1655.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23006956
>>23006952
>>23006951
>An old boomer lib crying about a changing world he doesn’t understand
Fuck him.
He had no pity for the generations that came before when they shrank and horror at the world of hedonism, social liberalism and secularism his generation wrought
I se no fucking reason to show potty for him when he pisses himself over younger generations choosing a different path

>> No.23015563

>>23007591
Kek
This

>> No.23015565

>>23007595
Unironically yes
That’s performatively showing that is how you get publishers to carry you
Who knows tho
Maybe between self publication and online distribution things, one day, will get better
Who knows tho

>> No.23015567

>>23007819
I only know Harlan Ellison. He’s good

>> No.23015572

If GRRM releases Fire and Blood 2 before Winds of Winter how bad will fans riot?

>> No.23015579

>>23015572
I loved Fire and Blood. He could publish that and some maester's account on the history of the Iron Born and I'd be happy.

>> No.23016217

>>23015135
He’s so fat he can’t even get out of the bed with broken feet to surprise and overthrow his captor like the guy from Misery.

>> No.23016225

>>23016217
It's ok, he can literally steamroll his opponent.

>> No.23017301

>>23015567
read more.

>> No.23017445
File: 162 KB, 1702x1384, 735.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

attention. ATTENTION /tv/! I suppose /lit/ is welcome to hear the news as well.

Since Germ is clearly indisposed from the abounding tragedies surrounding his life, such as some shit in Myanmar, I have taken it upon myself to finish his life's magnum opus. Instead of mr georgio here, I shall instead be completing both Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring, with my own....fine little touches, of course. I shall also be writing the script for the newly remade seasons 5-8 for the GOT show, while remastering the original 4 seasons to completely remove Ser Loras and Renly Baratheon(it was my belief that these characters were....how to put it.....kinda gay. and so I replaced Renly with Patchface and had Ser Loras thrown into a meatgrinder). I know, I know, its a heavy burden all of this, but luckily mr germ here shall be working FULL TIME providing me with alcohol and cigars for, what we writers like to call, la inspiracion. I will be providing a much better series than mr germ here, God bless his old and deeply troubled soul as it be, and I am sure you will ALL be satisfied with my work.
Sincerely, Anon

p.s. I havent finished reading the books and I dont plan to lol

>> No.23017504

>>23008591
Alright anon I laughed.

With that said, got the sauce on that image?

>> No.23017521

>>23011467
>englightened centrist types
We're still here but the left keeps calling us right wing and you faggots spaz out when we suggest "maybe trannies are fine, so long as we come up with an actual system to make sure nobody is tricking kids into this shit" or the like.

Mainly though it has been largely that while the right has been edgy and retarded they have been A.attacking people in the middle less and B. have just been largely regular politically retarded the same way they have been for 25 years while the Left has gone, relatively speaking, absolutely bug fuck, full on "Let's put on the reich and try some militant socialism shit again".

Real centrism tries to moderate between unreasonable extremes but also recognizes when one side or the other has gone off the deep end, and will use the faggots on one side to try and force the faggots on the other back into their fucking box when one or the other is more or less reasonable comparatively.

>> No.23017648

>>23010742
>M muh poor georgie
>M muh le fans stupid
>M muh le religious people bad
Lmao,stop the cap nigger,you sound like his redditor fans who are whining about MUH MISOGONY

>> No.23017673

>>23006951
Fat faggot who writes books full of pedophiles,rapes (especially underage girls), say that 13 yo girl marriage with 38yo barbarian was "true love" ( he also writed their sex scenes and how she give him blowjob when he is vegetable),sodomites,his favourite Targaryen is the pedo one,and his own sister says he was acting weird around herin bis younger years,put his self insert into books with 2 hot soster-wifes and his fans are leftists retards who are screeching about "mIsoGoNy" or "M MUH DECONSTRUCTUON OF TROPE" is fuckin lazy retards? Nothing new,now he only confirmed that he isnt gonna finish this.
He will never become "m muh american tolkien", he dont even have kid to finish his work like Tolkien has. He will be remembered as a joke,a lazy retard. Ironic if you think how much he writes in asoiaf books about memory and heritage.

>> No.23017696
File: 150 KB, 680x425, 1706761230176084.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23017673
>13 yo girl marriage with 38yo barbarian was "true love" ( he also writed their sex scenes and how she give him blowjob when he is vegetable
I think it was at this point I decided to just skip the daenarys sections. ill start reading them again in clash of kings when something (hopefully) happens

>> No.23017727

>>23017673
>his own sister says he was acting weird around herin bis younger years
I've seen someone say this before, is there an actual source? Because it would be damn funny.

>> No.23017736

>>23017696
Tbh her chapters are getting slightly better after first book,when there are more dragons and less pedos(not for long),and especially less Daenerys.

>> No.23017748

>>23006951
>>23006952
>>23006956
How many immigrants has this fat loser housed and maintained through his wealth? Surely he's not just a corpulent fat fuck that's demanding all the work to help them from poorer people while keeping the poor little doctors and engineers out of sight and out of mind?

>> No.23017756

>>23009724
>the blood meridian thread
Is the archive fun? Which one?

>> No.23017759

>>23017727
It was in some old interview but I cant find it. But even if you assume like delusional pledditors that "w-well she was joking yeah she was saying that playfully heheh just commerce for his next work they are cool with eachothers ACTUALLY Aegon I was middle kid and George is older brother,they are totally not his wet dream" his books still contains enough stuff that if priest, orange man or simply some no left/libera person, were the authors, there will be still a fuck-ton of articles about how much pedos weirdos they are.

>> No.23017767

>>23010160
The fat WHORE is bringing up other people dying and suffering as if its himself going through these things.

>> No.23017768

>>23017673
It's strange how condescending and self righteous writers like him and Stephen King are while being into sick stuff themselves.

>> No.23017800

>>23007463
Two more weeks

>> No.23017831

>>23017768
for me, its Insomnia
>The story is set in the fictional town of Derry, Maine. Retiree Ralph Roberts encounters his formerly good-natured acquaintance Ed Deepneau at the local airfield. Ed is aggressive and swearing obscenely at a driver he accuses of secretly transporting fetal tissue from abortions. Some months later, Ralph (now a widower) encounters Ed's wife Helen who has been badly beaten by her husband after having signed a pro-choice petition.

>Controversial pro-choice activist Susan Day is due to talk at the Derry civic center. Lois and Ralph see the building shrouded by a black aura, signifying a dark future. The Crimson King has been provoking Ed's feelings regarding abortion, turning him into a violent and paranoid fanatic. With a small plane containing C-4 explosives, Ed intends to make a kamikaze attack on the civic center during Day's speech, killing her and everyone within. Lois and Ralph are resentful at being manipulated by outside forces but decide they must prevent the attack.

Does King just live in a fantasy universe of his own making? one where republicans are bombing abortion centers instead of jews and muslims bombing each other? one where Satan is controlling republicans to make them be pro-life? and God wants women to kill their kids? how do people read this thinly veiled propaganda shlock? it makes one wonder how writers get their heads so far up their asses sometimes.

>> No.23017853

>>23017521
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crises. You being an indecisive fence-sitter isn't something you should brag about

>> No.23017901

>>23006951
I remember when I was invested. I started reading the books as soon as the first season ended. I read them all. I related to the characters. I remember having fun with the speculation.

I also saw what HBO did to the material. I saw GRMM not caring an iota about it, because he's already rich, and is pretty much retired.
The tale was already told. We're not getting these books written by GRRM, and if we even do, it will be by Sanderson instead.

>> No.23018970

>>23009681
>and were ruled by a massive empire that murdered and enslaved whole cities.
whoa really? Cool! tell me more about the secret Irish High Empire

>> No.23018997

>>23009600
>>23011060
>>23014314
https://www.101soundboards.com/sounds/8669266-meanwhile-the-us-grows-more-polarized-every-day-hate-is-rising-democracy-is-under-threat-m

>> No.23019412

>>23017853
We probably would have less of a crisis if you weren't such retarded faggots with no concept of nuance.

>> No.23019546

>cancel culture and newspeak has gone too far!
>and that's why we have to stop drumpfffffffff
are boomers even human

>> No.23019784

>>23006956
>What does this mean for The Winds of Winter release date?
The fat pig is depressed and is going to comfort eat, he is going to reward himself with cake and ice cream meaning he will die sooner. I feel so sorry for his coronary arteries.

>> No.23019786

>>23019412
>DURRR YOU NEED TO COMPROMISE WITH PEOPLE WHO SEEK YOUR TOTAL ANNIHILATION
Kys, if you're too much of a coward to take a stance then at least don't act high and mighty about it as if it isn't something to be ashamed of

>> No.23019854

>>23007847
>>23007957
This is why I bother with this board

>> No.23020736
File: 20 KB, 640x580, 1706208378878993.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23006951
And your Ents and your orcs, and your Wargs and your Stings
Your dwarves and Glamdrings, 'cause there's a new literary Lord in the Ring