[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 28 KB, 320x320, the-incredible-journey-microchip-id-reunites-cat-with-owners_1[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2300301 No.2300301 [Reply] [Original]

I just got a Nook simple and I'm looking for content, but not books. I have enough of those. I want dissertations, articles, and other various and interesting online content that I can pull off the web and read away from distraction.

So, /lit/, what academic papers do you recommend? Rec your own for all I care.

History, Philosophy, Linguistics, Lit Crit, Anthropology, Sociology, Studies, Senate Reports, Fanfiction, whatever. As long as I probably can't pick it up in paper and it doesn't suck I'm interested.

Example: List of criticism on M&M (http://www.masterandmargarita.eu/en/06links/essaysmm.html))

>> No.2300315

If you have access to it, the articles from the Dictionary of Literary Biography are generally interesting. Whenever I approach a book by a new author I always go straight to it and look up the article on them first.

If you're interesting in online magazines related to literature, The Quarterly Conversation does an amazing job of covering literature in translation and is in general very interesting.

http://quarterlyconversation.com/

>> No.2300417

>>2300315
Nope, don't have that database.

Managed to convert all of QuarterlyConversation in to a ePub so now I've got that though. Thanks.

>> No.2300426

I would say your best advice would be to utilize your local universities database because they normally have subscriptions to large databases of periodicals, journals and the like.

If you do not go to university you can probably bribe a student and get access to the database fairly easy.

Jstor is a good example of a nice database of articles and the like

>> No.2300446

>>2300426
I'm trolling through all my uni databases as we speak. The main impetus for getting the nook was stockpiling as much paywalled material as possible before I lost access.

There's just too much there to go through it all in any detail though. I figured /lit/ might recall a few articles or what have you that they found particularly interesting, which I could use as a base.