[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 13 KB, 162x227, hemingway.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2300002 No.2300002 [Reply] [Original]

ITT we only post sentences from Hemingway's fiction that contain the word nig­ger

"Othello was a nig­ger," I said. "Besides, I'm not jealous. I'm just so in love with you that there isn't anything else."

>> No.2300007

Moors don't count as niggers. Imo.

>> No.2300010

The door of the kitchen opened and the nig­ger came in. “What was it?” he asked. The two men at the counter took a look at him.

>> No.2300014

As the skillet grew hot the grease sputtered and Bugs, crouching on long nig­ger legs over the fire, turned the ham and broke eggs into the skillet, tipping it from side to side to baste the eggs with the hot fat.

>> No.2300019

wow hemingwy was racist

>> No.2300020

Might remember a little, Bill said. Remember something about a prize-fight. Enormous Vienna prize-fight. Had a nig­ger in it. Remember the nig­ger perfectly.

>> No.2300025

Brett and I danced. It was so crowded we could barely move. The nig­ger drummer waved at Brett. We were caught in the jam, dancing in one place in front of him.

>> No.2300028

>>2300019

How?

>> No.2300029
File: 32 KB, 300x326, faulkner lookin suave.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I'd have wasted a lot of time and trouble before I learned that the best way to take all people, black or white, is to take them for what they think they re, then leave them alone. That was when I realized that a nigger is not a person so much as a form of behavior; a sort of a sort of obverse reflection of the white people he lives among.

>> No.2300035

>>2300020

Bill is one hilarious motherfucker

""Here's a taxidermist's," Bill said. "Want to buy anything? Nice stuffed dog?"
"Come on," I said. "You're pie-eyed."
"Pretty nice stuffed dogs," Bill said. "Certainly brighten up your flat."
"Come on."
"Just one stuffed dog. I can take 'em or leave 'em alone. But listen, Jake. Just one stuffed dog."
"Come on."
"Mean everything in the world to you after you bought it. Simple exchange of values. You give them money. They give you a stuffed dog."
"We'll get one on the way back."
"All right. Have it your own way. Road to hell paved with unbought stuffed dogs. Not my fault."

>> No.2300036

>>2300028
he said the n-word

>> No.2300034

The fuse must have been cut. The bridge did not explode.

"Fucking niggers..." whispered Robert.

"Shit nigger!" Golz slapped his palm into his face. "What are you doing?"

>> No.2300057

Hemingway secretly wanted to be gangbanged by a bunch of niggers. Taking those thick nigger dicks in both holes yummy mmmmmmm.

>> No.2300059

I sat down and waited for him to stop and when he did, obviously anchored, I sat there, using the sling, and shot for his neck, slowly and carefully, missing him eight times straight in a mounting, stubborn rage, not making a correction but shooting exactly for the same place in the same way each time, the gun bearers all laughing, the truck that had come up with
the outfit holding more amused nig­gers, P.O.M. and Pop saying nothing, me sitting there cold, crazy-stubborn-furious, determined to break his neck rather than walk up and perhaps start him off over that heat-hazy, baking, noontime plain.

>> No.2300062

I sat there thinking for a moment. These niggers were obviously some hardcore motherfuckers ready to ride and die. I had another drink.

>> No.2300074

“It was a trick,” Peroxide said. “That big dinge took him by surprise. He’d just knocked Jack Johnson down, the big black bastard. That nig­ger beat him by a fluke.”

>> No.2300079

Nick walked away from the Ere across the clearing to the railway tracks. Out of the range of the fire he listened. The low soft voice of the Neg­ro was talking. Nick could not hear the words. Then he heard the little man say, “I got an awful headache, Bugs.”

>> No.2300087

"Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the niggers that you've had."

>> No.2300104

>>2300087
>Great Gatsby
>Hemingway

>> No.2300160

Upon the hill stood Gandalf, and there fair and desperate was raised the banner of Tree and Niggers.

>> No.2300167

(Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach.) This city is afraid of niggers. (I have seen its true face.)

>> No.2300373

>As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic nigger.

>> No.2300375

Happy niggers are all alike; every unhappy nigger is unhappy in its own way.

>> No.2300377

Nigger niggers are all nigger; every nigger nigger is nigger in its nigger way.

>> No.2300382

That's the heavy hemingway way

>> No.2300384

Nigger niggers nigger nigger nigger; nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger its nigger way.

>> No.2300387

This thread is very un/lit/ in character. I must protest

Concerned sage

>> No.2300394
File: 319 KB, 759x1660, the robot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2300387
Protest all you want, little man.

>> No.2300399

Nigger niggers nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger all nigger day!

>> No.2301093

Op here. so much fail in this thread. You ruined it pavlovian un/lit/erates.

how old are you really? it suffices to read the word "nig­ger" for you to start behaving like /btards. meh.

>> No.2301095

that nigger could really punch well. that nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger

>> No.2301101

"Why aren't there any decent cafes in america" Scott turned toward the sun and lifted the edge of the bottle from his lips.
"Damn niggers."