[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 623 KB, 850x1242, Lui7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22993251 No.22993251 [Reply] [Original]

Can we say if older women have ever been favoured by some men in history? Or are almost all cases of romance in literature involving a younger woman, either by a small or large margin?

>> No.22993262

Hag-bait thread

>> No.22993275

>>22993251
To prove I'm not merely shitposting but actually asking out of curiosity, here's a letter from Benjamin Franklin who, as you can see, was a MILF enthusiast. In a letter to his volcel friend encouraging him to either marry or have sex:

I know of no Medicine fit to diminish the violent natural Inclinations you mention; and if I did, I think I should not communicate it to you. Marriage is the proper Remedy. It is the most natural State of Man, and therefore the State in which you are most likely to find solid Happiness.
But if you will not take this Counsel, and persist in thinking a Commerce with the Sex inevitable, then I repeat my former Advice, that in all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these:
>1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor'd with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable.
>2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.
>3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc'd may be attended with much Inconvenience.
>4. Because thro' more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin'd to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.
>5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding2 only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement.
>6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy.
>7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy.
>8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!
>>22993262
I knew some of you were also /here/

>> No.22993626

>>22993251
bump

>> No.22994684
File: 1.03 MB, 2646x3679, 1691333582090231.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In Praise of Older Women by Vizinczey and The Confessions of Victor X are pretty good examples which I personally endorse because they mimic my own experiences
The first book retells how a boy survived through a war, had his dick sucked at 12 by the wife of a commander who whored herself out for extra cash. Ever since then he wanted to have sex, but had ill luck with women his age, and at 16, he buckled up the courage to ask one of his neighbors to have sex with him, only to fail miserable, admit it in front of her, and getting dragged to bed anyways. Then you get a bunch of loose stories about his life and the older ladies he banged.
The second one is mostly about cunny and what not, but it includes a few snippets of older women courting little boys and young men - Much like Benjamin Franklin said, "prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes" - Or at least that's how the ladies rationalized it to themselves.
Overall, the role of older women in literature as love interests isn't being motherly, but rather a bridge into adulthood.

>> No.22995910

I posted frequently on /vt/'s hag thread year ago or so and these pictures are now evoking carnal memories.

>> No.22996661

>>22993251
Don Juan

>> No.22997816

>>22994684
>spoiler
Care to share anon?

>> No.22997948

>>22997816
Thorough my life I had always developed crushes on women thrice my age or so. The first time I truly fell in love was with a woman in her 40's. I was 14 or so, and my family took a trip towards the beach. We stayed in the house of one of my step brothers. There I met with his then-girlfriend, who we can call Anne.
Anne was the complete opposite of what I knew about women. She was smart, silly, and from her I felt this genuine love that not even my own mother made me feel. She wasn't being cordial or putting up an act, she was that sweet because that was the person she was. If there's someone who aged gracefully, it was her. Her body was enviable, and to pair it, she was a great person too.
It was as if she had never grown past 17, but she was still a mature woman through and through. Her bubbly personality could turn firm and demanding when she needed to.
Through the week she took a liking to me. The most beautiful memory I have with her is walking along the beach in complete darkness while she clung to my arm. There she talked to me about how our feet released toxins or something at night, and that sand was a great absorbent.
Even being the masturbation machine I was back then, not even my hormones sullied what I felt for her. Call it puppy love, but I felt something for her I had never felt before, and that I haven't felt since then.
I saw her a couple of years after that when I was around 19 or so. A few more wrinkles adorned her face, and behind it, she was still that 17 year old girl with the same shiny smile. I felt that I had to get it off my shoulders, and I told her that I had been in love with her since I met her. She caressed me, giggled a bit, and told me that she couldn't reciprocate my feelings. After all, she was way too old for me. But she did tell me that if we had met when she was younger, she would've fallen for me as well.

I wanted to become a better man since then, a man that she would be proud of.

>> No.22998017

>>22997948
My first few sexual experiences were nothing too noteworthy. I lost my virginity by mere chance, and I had had a grand total of two partners. The first one I had any real fun with was a woman in her 30s that I met through one of my friends. The lady in question, call her Emma, was friends with my friend's older sister.
I was 16 or so. Whenever my friend's sister threw a party, both of us were invited. We had known each other for a long time, to the point if her parents asked where she was, she could just say "I'm with Anon" and they'd be at ease.
So one time I was over, and I met Emma. She was a big girl, a mother, and a huge nerd, but the social kind of nerd. The ones who seem like posers and suddenly reveal their powerlevel by geeking out. More specifically, she was really into greek and nordic mythologies. I'd have a blast talking with her and sharing a couple of drinks here and there. I think that towards the end of the year, where my country has a bunch of holidays, I was over for a barbecue and Emma was there as well. Towards the end of the night, the kids were asleep, and most of us sat on the yard next to a mute speaker and a lukewarm grill. I stepped out with Emma and shared a smoke. Maybe it was the buzzing of the alcohol, maybe it was just the spur of moment, but I asked her if she wanted to do it. She chuckled and said yes.
I know for a fact she knew I was underage, but for the night but of us decided to ignore it. It felt like if I brought it up I'd ruin the moment. So, she let her friend know she'd be borrowing an empty room, and while both my friend and her sister seemed concerned, neither stopped us.
Emma was special to me because she showed me how fun sex could be. We joked a lot during the act, she got off on my general naiveness, and overall I learned just how much I enjoyed women with some meat on them. I was - and still am- fairly skinny and lean. Not athletic or anything, but by comparison, my legs looked like twigs next to hers. While the two girls I had laid with before were rigid, stiff and generally evasive, Emma was vocal. She told me what she wanted, what I was supposed to do, she told me to be vocal as well, and that was the best education of Sex Ed I ever got.
We didn't have time to fall in love or anything. We banged again two more times, and then I stopped seeing her as I stopped talking to my friend after some rather unsavory times. I hope she's doing okay.

>> No.22998047
File: 1.11 MB, 1168x1175, 1644236160926.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22998017
>>22997948
It sounds like you've lived through a Murakami novel or something

>> No.22998063

>>22998047
Life can be interesting if you make it so.

>> No.22998115

>>22998017
By the time I was 20 or 21, I was going to an institute where I got my degree.
I had rudimentary english classes, from which I got exempt because I already spoke it on a bilingual level. The teacher that was assigned to us was a deceivingly sweet woman. 15 or so years older than me, married and had two kids, although I didn't learn about them until later.
Long story short, I took a verbal exam to see if I could be exempt from the basic english classes. The exam was mostly conversation, the life of a celebrity, recommendations on someone going to their first job interview, and the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me. I got a few laughs out of her, and some of my friends let me know that she mentioned me from time to time.
Like a year or so later, when my labor practices were due I took a job doing IT support at my institute, and from time to time I ran into her. We always spoke in english, there I learned that she used to read Hemmingway, that she liked to sing, and that she was a couch potato. Often when she called me from the teacher's loungue to fix something like a disconnected mouse, I'd mess around to find excuses to stay there and prolong our little chats until one day I just asked her if she'd like to grab a coffee with me.
Maybe it's just me or my country's general culture, but it's not weird for friends of the opposite sex to greet each other with a kiss if they're comfortable with it, regardless if they have partners or not. We had a degree of trust, and one time as we parted ways, either she stole a kiss from me, or I stole it from her. Neither made a comment about it. The next time, we shared a hug with the kiss as well. With some money saved up, I asked her if she wanted to go out, and there she shot me down, and told me her husband wouldn't let her. Until then, I had thought she was a single mother, and I hadn't the slightest idea she was married. After that, we just stopped talking.

>> No.22999274

Thanks for your stories anon, very interesting. I find if curious that your experiences reflect what you say the portayal of older women in literature was; an education into beung romantically mature. Perhaps this is the main appeal for unexperienced people like me. We want a motherly figure to teach us how to romance