[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 27 KB, 470x319, strugatskys.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2297752 No.2297752 [Reply] [Original]

Hey, /lit/. I can't find The Doomed City anywhere. Where would be a good place to look? I've searched Amazon, Ebay, B&N, Demonoid, #bookz, /rs/, and google. I can't find this book anywhere. Ebook would be better, but I'm willing to buy it. It's one of their last books and I can't find it.

>> No.2297831

I can find the Russian version, so it probably just isn't translated. How shitty would it turn out just to translate it through Google? Very noticeable, or just a few mistakes in grammar?

>> No.2297848

Reading with google translate is not ideal but it works in a pinch. It is better if you at least have a working knowledge of the structure of the language

>> No.2297875

I do not know anything about the Russian language. I guess I will never get to read this book ;_;

>> No.2297913

Well do not let that discourage you. If you really want to read this novel then you will find a way to make it work.

I can think of several inconvenient ways you can try to locate the book. For example: check your local or university level library. Or contact the distributor of the book

>> No.2297960

>>2297913
I think I'll just contact the distributor, thanks.