[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 220 KB, 1024x1200, E6306885-2635-4730-8180-65806F5B286C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22977393 No.22977393 [Reply] [Original]

A lot of his work seems to be focused around being alienated from the life and times you are living

>> No.22977395

>>22977393
Marx is a scientist

>> No.22977396

marx was my boyfriend

>> No.22977402

>>22977393
>marx
>work
Tranny bros??

>> No.22977426

He and Hegel effectively introduced the language which we use to speak about alienation philosophically today so in a way he is but I wouldn’t go so far as to say that all of his work is about it. His work is more broadly an analysis of societal forms and their relation to production.

>> No.22977432

>>22977395
Kek
Oh you.

>> No.22977437

>>22977426
He is a romantic. Otherwise why be a utopian, a "scientific utopian".

>> No.22977448

a black guy claiming to be karl marx viciously fucked my butt behind a Long John Silver's dumpster in 2008. could never read Marx after thathkn

>> No.22978539

>>22977393
He was a structuralist. He never thought "alienation" was innate to the human condition but a result of sociopolitical relations. Existentialists don't think that

>> No.22978638

>>22977393
>The Jewish nigger Lassalle who, I’m glad to say, is leaving at the end of this week, has happily lost another 5,000 talers in an ill-judged speculation. The chap would sooner throw money down the drain than lend it to a ‘friend’, even though his interest and capital were guaranteed. In this he bases himself on the view that he ought to live the life of a Jewish baron, or Jew created a baron (no doubt by the countess). Just imagine! This fellow, knowing about the American affair, etc., and hence about the state of crisis I’m in, had the insolence to ask me whether I would be willing to hand over one of my daughters to la Hatzfeldt as a ‘companion’, and whether he himself should secure Gerstenberg’s (!) patronage for me! [...]
>It is now quite plain to me — as the shape of his head and the way his hair grows also testify — that he is descended from the negroes who accompanied Moses’ flight from Egypt (unless his mother or paternal grandmother interbred with a nigger). Now, this blend of Jewishness and Germanness, on the one hand, and basic negroid stock, on the other, must inevitably give rise to a peculiar product. The fellow’s importunity is also nigger-like.
He was a common race realist.

>> No.22978644

>>22977393
he was a sociologist and his views on philosophy are not exactly clear despite some essays and the huge amount of secondary lit that tries to pin him

>> No.22978747

>>22977393
Marx describes 'alienation' as workers producing capital what becomes a hostile power that dominates them. It can only be overcome by abolishing capital, a purely practical task ie. completely outside the realm of philosophy.

>>22978638
the jewish moor might have been slightly facetious here

>> No.22978752

I think in some sense an existentialist supposes that the dilemma has always been inherent in the human experience while dilemma that Marx pondered was in his mind a very specific historically conditioned series of events that need not have been the case.

Speaking of, does anyone know where Marx wrote about Christianity?

>> No.22978778

maybe read anything after the Paris manuscripts, OP

>> No.22979090

>>22977393
I would say that while Marx doesn't necessarily argue against any of the core tenets of existentialism he also made statements, especially in his earlier writings, that tend to go wildly against existentialist grain. Which I suppose is an intricate way of saying he was not an existentialist but didn't seem to be concerned with trying to invalidate existentialism, and probably didn't care much about it in all honesty since the field of thinking was still in its infancy for the most part when Marx was writing. Later existentialists like Sartre viewed Marxism as a cause that could provide the individual with meaning, so I would characterize the relationship as one where existentialists are probably more interested in Marx than one in where Marx was more interested in existentialism.

>> No.22979117
File: 328 KB, 1043x763, 1690559836591066.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22977393
>how is heidegegger an existentialist? a lot of his work was based around how life was devalued by modern technological society

>how hegel is not an existentialist? his work was do to with the motion of all life towards a goal

>how Plato is not an existentialist? his work was majoritively about how we ought to organise our lives in respect to thing outside of it (how to contribute to the best society)

>how Mark Fisher is not an existentialist? his work was to do with the social phenoma caused by neolib econ in devalueing peoples relations to each other but also in terms of restraining how they thought about life as a whole

>how is Baulldrillard not an existentialist? his work was to do about how life itself as been subsoomed into a ficticous and unstable binary and how every thought from religion, to work to politics has not been spared either

>how is Wittgensteine not an existentialist? his work-